Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Thinkin about gettin a Pagsta M/Cycle..

Im thinking about getting a Cheap runabout. I was going to get a Scooter but then I have seen these Pagsta 50cc motor cycles for sale...
http://www.pagsta.com.au/images/news...rochureLow.pdf

Anyone got one? or do you know anyone that has one? I'm curious to know if they are any good and if they have caused any troubles.

Whats your opinion?

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #2
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2 words come to mind, DEATH & TRAP. IMO.
Old 16-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #3
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL yes I see where your coming from Jaydee. I scored myself a new Job at Kings Park looking after the Turf so I need something cheap to get me there from Innalloo (11 kms) and back. I swear the Ute only just warms up when I pull into the Depot and it sculls the petrol plus I dont want to buy another car.

Click here to see my ute
Old 16-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #4
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, take this advice as you will, I do 20,000klm a year on a bike so I am speaking from experience. If you want to buy a bike, at least buy something big enough to keep up with the traffic. A 125cc scooter minimum, the big wheel variety so you dont dissapear down a pothole would be my choice. They are dearer to buy but you will be able to travel with traffic or even stay ahead of it if you wish.

These little 50cc bikes/scooters are big here in QLD because you don't need a bike licence to ride one, which is a real mistake IMHO as most of the owners don't understand the danger of riding or have the skills to ride.

They are a pain on the road too, as they ride on the side shoulder of main roads due to the fact that they have a top speed of about 60kph. On a main arterial road marked 80 you can see the problem. The person aboard is relying on every motorist that passes them to actually see and avoid them. Scary stuff when you consider what sort of driving ability the average commuting (non enthusiuast) has, and thats when they aren't trying to put on make up or shave while commuting! Would you seriously put your life in their hands?

May as well be on a pushbike. You might die riding it too but at least you will be healthier and will save some $$ on the purchase!

Last edited by XR6TCraig; 16-04-2007 at 01:37 AM.
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

HAHAA oh man, do NOT get one of those bikes.
Old 16-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
whiskieboy

OHHHHH NNNOOOOO, that is an accident lookin for a place to happen with you on it. A second hand trial bike or a good push bike would be much better safer easier cheaper etc. A simple trial bike with road tyres would be so much simpler and cheaper but its up to you and how much riding experience you have and the roads you'll be going on etc. besides if you bought one of those you would have to get a full face helmet with a Full black visor so no one would recognize you....
whiskieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

250cc road bike such as a Kawasaki GPX250 or ZZR250 are absolute dirt cheap to buy and run and relativly bulletproof. I was getting about 500km from $10 worth of petrol when I had mine a few years ago (cost me $3000 to buy). Added advantage is you actually have some acceleration to get you out of tight spots (I emphasise the word "some") - I would hate to see how a 50cc performs....
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #8
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yamaha have the new Scorpio 250cc for $4400+onroads. Pagsta are chinese made.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #9
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK! OK! I think I get the picture guys.
I used to ride competition Trials (TRIALs not TRAILs) bikes years ago, and I used to be a flag marshall for Barbagallo Raceway for the 500cc days. So I am full aware of the dangers of motor cycles - Especially on the roads with all the dicks behind the wheels.

Unfortunatly I do not have a M/bike licence, and I have been told its now a 7 month wait to even go for the test! there is NO way im push biking it, considering I get up at 5am as it is.

Looks like Ill just join the que, save-a-da-money and get my self a 250cc.
Dont wanna spend more than $3,000 on my second transport tho.
Thanks for the feed back!

Click here to see my ute
Old 16-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordowner
OK! OK! I think I get the picture guys.
I used to ride competition Trials (TRIALs not TRAILs) bikes years ago, and I used to be a flag marshall for Barbagallo Raceway for the 500cc days. So I am full aware of the dangers of motor cycles - Especially on the roads with all the dicks behind the wheels.

Unfortunatly I do not have a M/bike licence, and I have been told its now a 7 month wait to even go for the test! there is NO way im push biking it, considering I get up at 5am as it is.

Looks like Ill just join the que, save-a-da-money and get my self a 250cc.
Dont wanna spend more than $3,000 on my second transport tho.
Thanks for the feed back!
7 month waiting list? not sure on that one, ring DPI and get it from the horses mouth, even a moped would be better than a Pagstar and you can ride them on a car license.
You wouldn't be able to ride either on a freeway.
I agree with the other guy, go the Kwaka 250, more than bullet proof, they're bomb proof.
Good luck, oh and bump up your life insurance.
Old 16-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

They make a 250cc version, it looks pretty cool for a Chinese knockoff

It would do the 11klm a day easy, you would need a license but.

Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #12
LukeyST
ST fan

Those bikes are garbage, ive seen the result of people buying bikes like that. Trust me - DONT!

I would never buy anything thats not japanese or a good euro brand (eg. KTM).

Just my opinion.