Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Question posting topics and getting replys

: : i know this is a public forum but why do people get there backs up when they post subjects and others answer and if its not what they like ,they get all upset.Does Australia have freedom of speech anymore ? are we still the lucky country : :

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
Simmo
White Lightning

the internet gives everyone the chance to be a hero, sadly everyone else wants to be a hero. when 2 heros dont agree, one will always become a villain.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo
the internet gives everyone the chance to be a hero, sadly everyone else wants to be a hero. when 2 heros dont agree, one will always become a villain.

do both wear undies on the outside ???????????????????????

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
Old 16-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Captain Skidmark reporting for duty!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo
I want to be a victim.... :yeees:

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
do both wear undies on the outside ???????????????????????
Are you saying we shouldnt be wearing our undies on the outside?
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
: : i know this is a public forum but why do people get there backs up when they post subjects and others answer and if its not what they like ,they get all upset.Does Australia have freedom of speech anymore ? are we still the lucky country : :
We were the lucky country, everyone wanted to live here, now it seems you hear something different on the news each day where you just shake your head and think : , as for the forum, well i'll probably get hammered for saying that but its my opinion, alot will agree and alot wont, just like most topics, not everyone will be happy.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

Yeah Australia still has fredom of speach however you need to be mindful of the fact that is a public forum that 1000's of people see. So we have to take care in what image we have.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

There is an old saying.. What goes around, comes around... x 10.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #10
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
There is an old saying.. What goes around, comes around... x 10.
Is that Karma or your shirt size Gary :
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Is that Karma or your shirt size Gary :
Krispy Kreme Size :
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Krispy Kreme Size :

Why am i not surprised
Old 16-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #13
GRNKPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecker73
I want to be a victim.... :yeees:

why did i know that be the case : : :

Laminge this is not from the other thread !!!!! : : :

Old 16-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #14
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

The ongoing problem with this forum seems to be that the more posts u have the more right u have to be correct.
Just go through some of the closed threads and a pattern will appear.
That pattern includes a number of high post count members who have obviously been mates or whatever for a long time and like to impose their opinions on the newer guys and you know who you are.
The theory around here is that to be accepted you musn't have a mindset or opinion of your own and let me add that the word OPINION is all they are.
No ones saying they are right or wrong its just that when someone dis agrees with a member of the in-crowd all hell breaks loose.
Yeah i might be argumentitive, but if those few of you that come into threads and just shoot people down with posts that read as arrogant as they are typed would be more open to others views perhaps not every thread relating to early X-series car would get closed.
So some may have access to people who own multiple examples of these cars, but i ask the question, perhaps these people feel their investment in these cars is worth upholding the fable. perhaps thats all it is BS that was spun 40yrs ago for propoganda purpose but is carried forth for fear of devaluing their hard earned.
ITS POSSIBLE! Its also my opinion like it or lump it i dont care, im certainly not getting my knickers inside out because of it like some do. :

Now read my sig and you will understand, if im not already on your "he doesn't agree with me so he is a ****er" list
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #15
GRNKPR

thats your opinion fine ,if we were all the same we would be robots

Old 16-03-2007, 05:16 PM   #16
BJ
Banned

It's OK Phil it's his time to shine.
Old 16-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #17
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

As a freedom of speech country u would think that u could express your opinion without being flamed but the reality of the matter is there will always be a group of people with a majority opinion that will do their best to shoot u down! Clearly we are not a forum that condones freedom of speech as if u say anything that borders on sensitve boundaries u will be shutdown! This is the future of not only the forum but our country in general! The days of freedom of speech have been corrupted by political correctness!!! I am not trying to create argument but to express my personal opinion which apparently im entitled to!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
It's OK Phil it's his time to shine.
Dam it, will you please stop posting BJ, you've got 3490 and im only 3405, im feeling self concious about my status! :evil_laug woops 3406!

Old 16-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #19
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
thats your opinion fine ,if we were all the same we would be robots
Yeah mate but for 12 months i, like many ,have put up with crap from people who have been here for long enough to know better and eventually you become rebellious.
I may agree with alot of what certain people say and i have learnt a hell of alot from people like 4Vman, but because i have a difference of opinion to a few old school people, im a tool.
Well im not, i just cant justify 100's of K's for an object that 20yrs ago you couldnt give away.
Ask yourself this question, if the economy crashed tomorrow like it did 25yrs ago and it was lose your family home or sell the GT what would you chose?
now some will say "but people who own these cars are well off already", well that just proves that ownership is about investment and bank balance and nothing to do with passion.
Considering these cars were built for and in a time when the catch phrase was little aussie battler, dont you think its ironic that they now lie in the posession of the rich.
Old 16-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #20
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Dam it, will you please stop posting BJ, you've got 3490 and im only 3405, im feeling self concious about my status! :evil_laug woops 3406!

See now to you you think your funny and presume to get me fired up!

Bad luck chum, you just prove me right, but i promise to agree with you next time, if you seek me out for reassurance in future.

Cant we just get a sticky with the membership details for the single minded folk.
Old 16-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #21
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Yeah mate but for 12 months i, like many ,have put up with crap from people who have been here for long enough to know better and eventually you become rebellious.
I may agree with alot of what certain people say and i have learnt a hell of alot from people like 4Vman, but because i have a difference of opinion to a few old school people, im a tool.
Well im not, i just cant justify 100's of K's for an object that 20yrs ago you couldnt give away.
Ask yourself this question, if the economy crashed tomorrow like it did 25yrs ago and it was lose your family home or sell the GT what would you chose?
now some will say "but people who own these cars are well off already", well that just proves that ownership is about investment and bank balance and nothing to do with passion.
Considering these cars were built for and in a time when the catch phrase was little aussie battler, dont you think its ironic that they now lie in the posession of the rich.
Dont begrudge people the right to their hobbie or passion just because its expensive.
The GT was never the domain of the battler, it was always the most expensive model in the sedan range, and a "rich boys toy" so to speak.

Old 16-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #22
Tropicsnude
Old & New Ford Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
... but the reality of the matter is there will always be a group of people with a majority opinion that will do their best to shoot u down!...
Unfortunately I believe that it is usually the vocal minority trying to force their views onto others who cause many of the problems in these forums, as well as in life in general.
The silent majority tend to form their own opinions, no matter what those with the loudest voices may say or write.
The internet is a wonderful thing from a marketing perspective, and in fact gives me around 80% of my customers, however it also enables many fools to anonymously attack others ideas and thoughts usually without any basis in fact.
One only need to scroll through these forums and click on a few profiles of some who post huge numbers of messages on many and varied ranges of subjects spouting "facts" and who seem to make statements like "I've got 25 GT's in the shed.. blah blah blah" but funnily enough never seem to post any pics of such.
Quantity does not mean Quality, and freedom of speech does not mean others of us should have to constantly put up with obvious rubbish
Having said all that there are a few who do post messages frequently, and whose level of knowledge and experience I welcome, so this is not attack on all who post regularly. Just the idiots, who are probably too stupid to even understand the above anyway :
Tropicsnude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #23
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Dont begrudge people the right to their hobbie or passion just because its expensive.
The GT was never the domain of the battler, it was always the most expensive model in the sedan range, and a "rich boys toy" so to speak.
And likewise dont pounce on people who dont share your passion.
The GT may have been the most expensive in its day but it was built by Aussie battlers and now its owned by rich folk, You didnt have to be a millionaire in those days to own a GT, you could trade a XT fairmont you had busted your **** to pay off and take out a small loan for the rest.
Now you have to sell your soul to the bank manager to even consider it. Thanks guys on behalf of all those who can only dream now.
Old 16-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #24
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicsnude XR6
Unfortunately I believe that it is usually the vocal minority trying to force their views onto others who cause many of the problems in these forums, as well as in life in general.
The silent majority tend to form their own opinions, no matter what those with the loudest voices may say or write.
The internet is a wonderful thing from a marketing perspective, and in fact gives me around 80% of my customers, however it also enables many fools to anonymously attack others ideas and thoughts usually without any basis in fact.
One only need to scroll through these forums and click on a few profiles of some who post huge numbers of messages on many and varied ranges of subjects spouting "facts" and who seem to make statements like "I've got 25 GT's in the shed.. blah blah blah" but funnily enough never seem to post any pics of such.
Quantity does not mean Quality, and freedom of speech does not mean others of us should have to constantly put up with obvious rubbish
Having said all that there are a few who do post messages frequently, and whose level of knowledge and experience I welcome, so this is not attack on all who post regularly. Just the idiots, who are probably too stupid to even understand the above anyway :
As a student who is in their 5th year of marketing studies I know exactly what u mean. And that is probably the basis of my point, these forums allow people to intimidate and flame those, with opinions that have no basis of fact. I just feel we should be able to post without fear of intimidation or retribution! I have 300 posts in 8 months there are members who joined around when I did that have over 2,000 posts, that shows that there are alot of people that post personal views/opinions that really aren't neccessary. We should encourage people to input their view/opinion without the post whore's bringing them done cos they've got nothing better to do!!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
XR6TickfordBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #25
Tropicsnude
Old & New Ford Driver

Quote:
Well said Mate, although I don't regard myself as rich but rather someone who has worked their **** off for years to now be able to afford a number of toys I am passionate about. Could never have afforded a GT in their day, but am now very pleased and proud to have one today without much thought of what it might be worth tomorrow!
But that also applies to my boat, 4WD, race car... etc... Oops... starting to sound like a rich boy

Last edited by Tropicsnude XR6; 16-03-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 16-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #26
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
: : i know this is a public forum but why do people get there backs up when they post subjects and others answer and if its not what they like ,they get all upset.
"They sure do don't they.............isn't it just great!!"....... :
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #27
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Well said Mate, although I don't regard myself as rich but rather someone who has worked their **** off for years to now be able to afford a number of toys I am passionate about. Could never have afforded a GT in their day, but am now very pleased and proud to have one today without much thought of what it might be worth tomorrow!
But that also applies to my boat, 4WD, race car... etc... Oops... starting to sound like a rich boy

Dont appologise mate, the brownie points will take you everywhere around here.
Should i email you a 'general consensus' form so you too can be in the 'in crowd'?
It aint hard to fill out, just agree with whatever is on it already! :
Old 16-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #28
Tropicsnude
Old & New Ford Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Dont appologise mate, the brownie points will take you everywhere around here.
Should i email you a 'general consensus' form so you too can be in the 'in crowd'?
It aint hard to fill out, just agree with whatever is on it already! :
I've made it my lifes passion not to be part of the majority, or "in crowd", hence owning a nudist resort so I'll have to pass on filling out any form that might enable that :
Old 16-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #29
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I've made it my lifes passion not to be part of the majority, or "in crowd", hence owning a nudist resort so I'll have to pass on filling out any form that might enable that :
Yes, me too, ive blazed my own trail for years, took alot of risks, worked damn long hrs, now i can get some rewards. I dont feel the slightest bit guilty for enjoying my hard earned, even if that means heaven forbit my hobbie happens to be one that appreciates in value..

Old 16-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #30
XAGSV8
Member 178

People on these forums can say whatever they like but they have to be prepaired for a response to that good and bad, that is freedom of speech. People who have something against the well off should see someone about getting that chip removed from their shoulder. I hope one day to live a bit easier and am working damn hard at making that happen.

This thread wont last long.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post