Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
Pistol
pistol

Default motor bike riding

can any one put me on the right track my son has been riding motor bikes since the age of 3 and is at the age of 11 now and loves the mountains we go camping or just day trips with our bikes he's got a 06 model yamaha 125 big wheel any way the reason for this is we were at Noojee this long weekend and the cops where everywere he got a warning and Mr big cop said he will recive a letter in the mail,When i recive this letter im to take my him down the local cop shop so the big boss can talk to him,what a load of ****.I sat around thinking about this you can get a permit at the age of 12 for shooting and all so at the age of 12 you can get a permit to drive a boat so Im looking to speak to the right people to try and change the laws that will allow young kids to be able to ride a motor bike with an adult hope you can help.

Pistol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
xbcool
dazed&confused

unfortunately unregistered bikes and unlicenced riders dont have many options, its either join a club and race or run the risk of being find or bike confiscated.
I dont know where noojee is but up newcastle way we have lakes, cessnock and gwandalon bike clubs.

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #3
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilboss
can any one put me on the right track my son has been riding motor bikes since the age of 3 and is at the age of 11 now and loves the mountains we go camping or just day trips with our bikes he's got a 06 model yamaha 125 big wheel any way the reason for this is we were at Noojee this long weekend and the cops where everywere he got a warning and Mr big cop said he will recive a letter in the mail,When i recive this letter im to take my him down the local cop shop so the big boss can talk to him,what a load of ****.I sat around thinking about this you can get a permit at the age of 12 for shooting and all so at the age of 12 you can get a permit to drive a boat so Im looking to speak to the right people to try and change the laws that will allow young kids to be able to ride a motor bike with an adult hope you can help.
Noojee way gets pretty full on with cops at times around long weekends. There's not much you can do with unrego'd bikes etc except join a club or stay right away from the roads etc.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #4
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

a "friend" of a "friend" got done $700 on the spot fine, his mini chopper got taken off him, hit them hard so they learn earlier :P

but if you're not being a menace I don't see a problem, damn do gooders ruin it don't they :(
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 01:25 PM   #5
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
but if you're not being a menace I don't see a problem, damn do gooders ruin it don't they :(
So when they fall off or hit a tree and **** themselves upwhile riding around the bush???? We have too many around here that think its ok to ride their bikes and go karts around on public roads. Only takes one tool going too quick and/or not paying attention and its game over

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think he meant riding in the middle of nowhere as opposed to riding on the road.
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilboss
What state/area are you in?
Old 14-03-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
So when they fall off or hit a tree and **** themselves upwhile riding around the bush???? We have too many around here that think its ok to ride their bikes and go karts around on public roads. Only takes one tool going too quick and/or not paying attention and its game over
NONONO liar liar pants on fire

what i mean't was...... if you're riding out the middle of no where .... and not suburbian streets...... i don't see a problem cause the only thing you'll do is damage yourself !
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #9
Pistol
pistol

bikes are rec regerstied my argument is why not issue permits for these young kids to be able to ride with their dads or other responcible people who are licenced
Old 14-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

me and my mates ride through the local fire trails all the time..Where i live i had to actually ride down the main road to get to them..

I was pulled up one day by our local copper and he said it was alright to ride around the fire trails but not around towns or on the main road. He said the problem is that people complian and they have to go out and stop us which is a pain in the a$$ for them.. He only had a nice chat and let us continue
tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
falcon oath

I know what you mean mate ,
I have 2 boys aged 10 & 13 and yes they to would love to go into the bush and ride ,
but i wont take them into the bush for that reason of being booked by the boys in blue or the rangers as they often cruise the trails checking that bikes have rego and lights ,and licenses
I was forced to join motox clubs so they could ride their motos ,

it would be great if the coppers and rangers would just leave them be as they r not hurting anyone , All they want is to have fun ,

unfortunetly they dont see it that way ,

Maybe you might want to join a club or 2 as they have some good club day events for them to ride and have fun for the day
there are a heap of clubs around Melbourne and the Gippsland region

It would be great if you can do want you are intending but i dont think that it will happen , lots of tracks and trails in the forests and bush are being closed down because of the GREENIES thinking that we are to blame for the destruction of the forests ,
The government sucks mate and soon there will be nowhere we can go and camp or 4wd because of them , Just go deeper into the bush and you will be ok , i think
Good luck
falcon oath is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon oath
but i wont take them into the bush for that reason of being booked by the boys in blue or the rangers as they often cruise the trails checking that bikes have rego and lights ,and licenses
I was forced to join motox clubs so they could ride their motos ,

it would be great if the coppers and rangers would just leave them be as they r not hurting anyone , All they want is to have fun ,

unfortunetly they dont see it that way
Been ruined by idiots, unfortunately it only takes one person to give everyone a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon oath
It would be great if you can do want you are intending but i dont think that it will happen , lots of tracks and trails in the forests and bush are being closed down because of the GREENIES thinking that we are to blame for the destruction of the forests ,
Greenies have too much say. I also heard that alot of the fires we had around the last 4-5 years that Firies have struggled to fight as the tracks that used to be there are no longer utilised.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #13
Pistol
pistol

thanks for all your support and advice i will push it further i might go and see the local mp