Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Kelvin
Kelvin

Angry inconsiderate bastards!

i am so angry right now i could kick every panel on every car that i see, i just saw 5 minutes ago a dent on my drivers side door that was done without a shadow of a doubt by a person who carelessly opened their door too wide, i am going to find out who it is. i know this was done at work, because that is the only time i park next to people, any other time i find a spot where there are no cars withing 5 metres or so. i know it was a white car because it left white paint, i have attached photo minus all the white crap that was there before i took the photo. : AAAAHHHRRRGGG*at the top of my lungs* does anyone know how much this would cost to get pulled?

Old 28-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
Scott

Guesstimate $100 - $150. I hate bastards that do that.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a very hard hit too! Pricks.... :(

One of those paintless dent removal joints should be able to fix it - I've heard around $100 is the usual fee? Post on here how you get on fixing it as the wife's 6 needs one done too.
Old 28-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Inconsiderate bastards

Ouch,

Generally if you call a dent remover the first dent they remove will cost 70-80 dollars. If you're car has a few dents its like 20 bucks for every dent after that
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #5
Forest Bear

I have observed at least one person who did this deliberately. Its seems there are people out there who drive crappy old bombs who get their jollies vandalising other people's property. Its a disgrace. Violent impulses are perfectly understandable reactions.

Just play it nice, cool and calm and fire bomb their car.

Makes you very careful about where you park your car.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #6
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I'm buying a bomb car so I can park at shops and what not and not be paranoid about my good cars. I've had a gut full of worry so now I'll buy a piece off $#%@ so I dont have to worry anymore.
I feel for you Kelvin cause I had the same thing done to my car and we knew who it was and he did the right thing and paid for the dent to be removed. I was lucky.
I hope you find the person and make them pay for the dent removal and subsequent respray of the door.
Old 28-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
JD2004

I park in the middle of two parks, so no one can do this to mine

I would prolly break someones .... if they dented my XR5....

Luke
Old 28-10-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
Forest Bear

Or you can stick those black hot water pipe insulation tubes along the length of the car. Might interfere with car's original aesthetics.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #9
raymon81

I bloody hate when people leave their trolleys right up against your car. Its happened to me twice and thank God there has been no damage so thats why now i park my car far far away from other cars when i go to the shops. Its worth the walk and excercise hehe. I feel for u Kelvin, my whole drivers side doors(front and back) have been hit and replaced, thankfully i was there when the dikhead hit my car and i chased him(he tried getting away). Not really a good feeling knowing my car has been hit. I hope you find who hit your car, put your mind at ease a little.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Holy crip dude. Thats a massive dent. I feel for you mate. I'd hate that to happen to me. But yeah, unfortunately there are people out there who think its funny to do stuff like that to other people. I rate these people just below the lint that gets collected on my dryer.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #11
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not good to hear, hope you get it fixed soon. Find it and do the same to that persons car!

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
Uni

i make a habit of parking next to expensive cars. if it looks like they have kids, i save the number plate on the mobile phone. works a treat

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #13
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey, Get video surveilance of the Carpark... someone did that on me I caught them on Camera, and made them pay the $1700 damage they caused to my then, 3 weeks old Car!
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #14
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Feel for you Kelvin. I'd be livid if that happened to me but I always expect it to happen. Today I was at DFO in Homebush with my GF and I was relieved to come back to an undamaged car 4 hours later.

Last week she thought I'd park the new car at Flemington Markets on Saturday morning! :

Quote:
That can be a double edge sword. A frustrated person trying to park might take exception to such a move and give you a 50c detail. Or a motorcycle might squeeze in.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:04 AM   #15
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2004
Yeah but those that are genuineley jealous will see whta you have done and then park next to it anyway to hit it. Or worse, Key it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:25 AM   #16
amlohac

i had some old ****** do it while i was SITTING IN THE CAR. And she didnt even say sorry. I got out of the car and went mental at her calling her many 4 letter words untill she offered to pay for the damage she caused.
The other dent i have is on the pannel crease so its very $$$ to get out, but the ***** who did that has my foot print in thier door.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #17
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

now now to abuse an elderly lady is going a bit far... It's only a car for heavens sake..
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #18
JD2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by More revs
now now to abuse an elderly lady is going a bit far... It's only a car for heavens sake..
Only a car? take away an elderly persons pension and they would abuse you, take away my hard earned cash for the repair and il abuse you.. simple fact.
When we are talking about someones pride and joy not much gets between us.

Ive got respect for elderly people provided they have respect for me. The person that doesnt show me any respect doesnt deserve to be treated with any respect in return.

Regards,

Luke.
Old 30-10-2006, 05:35 PM   #19
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2004
Only a car? take away an elderly persons pension and they would abuse you, take away my hard earned cash for the repair and il abuse you.. simple fact.
When we are talking about someones pride and joy not much gets between us.

Ive got respect for elderly people provided they have respect for me. The person that doesnt show me any respect doesnt deserve to be treated with any respect in return.

Regards,

Luke.
Here here
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 05:54 PM   #20
Conquest_Tsi

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlohac
i had some old ****** do it while i was SITTING IN THE CAR. And she didnt even say sorry. I got out of the car and went mental at her calling her many 4 letter words untill she offered to pay for the damage she caused.
The other dent i have is on the pannel crease so its very $$$ to get out, but the ***** who did that has my foot print in thier door.

Good work buddy, more so with the footprint
Conquest_Tsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #21
SuziesGTP
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon81
I bloody hate when people leave their trolleys right up against your car. Its happened to me twice and thank God there has been no damage so thats why now i park my car far far away from other cars when i go to the shops. Its worth the walk and excercise hehe. I feel for u Kelvin, my whole drivers side doors(front and back) have been hit and replaced, thankfully i was there when the dikhead hit my car and i chased him(he tried getting away). Not really a good feeling knowing my car has been hit. I hope you find who hit your car, put your mind at ease a little.
Even though you park bloody miles away from anyone - you still return to your parked car, and some peanut has parked two centimetres from the side of your car - in some piece of crud car. Even though there are free spaces for miles around.

Some people have no idea
SuziesGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 08:46 PM   #22
raymon81

I really need one of those disabled/handicap tags when i go to the shops. Almost double parking space for one car, now thats what im talkin about! Might search on ebay for one LoL
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #23
Kelvin
Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon81
I really need one of those disabled/handicap tags when i go to the shops. Almost double parking space for one car, now thats what im talkin about! Might search on ebay for one LoL
like this :voldar02: , maybe i should start using it, but then again i dont want my face to be on the news _
Old 30-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #24
photn
AFF Post NAZI

just pull a homer and your fine.......hehehehe

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #25
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I tend to find a spot with a nice car with it's driver's door facing the empty spot, i then park alot closer to the nice car, knowing when i get out i'm not going to damage it nor if they get back first would they damage my car
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #26
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I always find a nice pillar or wall to park next to. Then I park as close to it as possible. Of course, its gold if I find a nice car on the other side too.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 06:59 PM   #27
Kelvin
Kelvin

i got qouted $70 from dent master who comes to you to do it, what do you thinkg guys is that good?? i have him booked for friday morning to do it. :
Old 31-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #28
BlackLS

Yeah not bad to get the car looking great again! Put it this way, a good bottle of polish and bottle of wax cost about that much.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #29
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Price sounds good- make sure you post pics after it's fixed.
Old 31-10-2006, 09:41 PM   #30
nitroman
nitroman

This happened to me a couple of months ago in woolies. I pulled up next to a 4x4 rodeo crew cab, ran in to grab whatever it was and drove home. The next day (saturday) I'm washing the car in the backyard and feel this little crease in the c pillar when I'm doing the chamois the same spot the rear door of a dual cab ute would be.
I was (and still am) bloody furious about the event.
GASGAS 400 enduro.
Honda hr192 mower
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post