Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Default Record fuel prices

Just went to lunch at 12:30 and poured premium at 139.9. Came back at 1:30 and the price went up to 146.9 for regular ULP!!! This is at the Caltex on Bell St and Chifley Drv Preston, for those of you in Melbourne.

charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crap should have filled up yesterday
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

damn ... when I was down there the other week I filled up at 43.9c/L
It was great ... much cheaper than Sydney
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know how they can justify that but as per usual we can't do SFA about it. I've had the same happen. $1.20 @ 1pm & $1.35 @ 3pm.

Best not use that servo to fill up. I've sopped using all the main 4 servo's. The XB requires 98ron so can't avoid them there. My other two cars use fuel from independant servos.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Schisse, forgot to mention that premium went up to 155.9 cpl. That'd make Optimax 98 and 100 around 158.9 cpl. Oh my fookin Buddha!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Filled up yesterday at $1.17 with a voucher... I'm just glad this week is a light week and I'll make it to early next week on 1 tank so I can get it again on Tuesday when it's cheap. But I can see myself re-filling on Thurs/Fri next week, not looking forward to that :(
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #7
AlbertM
Cracked Pot

Been sitting on 142.9 ULP for 3 weeks now here in Cowra.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #8
parawolf
beep beep

Until there is a civil uprising in the form of blowing up petrol stations, expect costs to keep going up...
Old 03-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #9
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Something really smelly and fishy is happening with oil prices, I just can't put my finger on it. Reason being there are reports that the US is sitting on high density oil shale holding 2 trillion barrels of oil, Canada has some many billions of barrels (as oil shale as well), the Russians have massive amounts of oil (in crude form) as well and the Iraqi refineries are controlled by the US led invasion forces.

Something just don't add up!!!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:24 PM   #10
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meanwhile it's comforting to know that the price of petrol has been frozen in Venezuela at 5c per litre

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ID=11582&vf=12

would be about $3 to fill a Falcon

but then better off than Turkey where it would be $180
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #11
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
Until there is a civil uprising in the form of blowing up petrol stations, expect costs to keep going up...

riiiiight, destroy petrol stations and the price will go down???

i think it would have an adverse effect.....

5 cpl in venuez.....? damn id consider moving there...... buy me a 440 6 pack charger.
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 07:45 PM   #12
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

The government wanted to reduce the subsidies for petrol there by a few cents and they nearly burnt the whole place down!!

Of course you would want something bullet proof if you moved there..
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #13
kempster1

$1.69 here today for ULP, and on the front page of our local paper today the federal goverment is taking away a remote area fuel subsidy and the result of this is a further 3 cent rise.

Not happy :(
kempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #14
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

That's just plain crap. That friggin monkey Howard is going too far.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #15
FordFan86
meow

It isn't the petrol stations themselves setting the price...
They [we] get a message through the computer that tells us the MAX price we can set it at, and at what time they want us to change it (always set at the max price as we only get 1 1/2-2cpl..) (they being caltex/bp/mobil head office)
Takes 60 seconds for the pumps to reset, and will normally change the price within 10mins of the designated time..
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #16
mash85

its only gonna get worse. one of my best mates is a manager at a shell, said that shell have set their prices at a $1.60 for may... :(
mash85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #17
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

filled up last night at 1am when i got home from work, it was 129.5 for 91 ron at united bulleen rd/banksia st
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
melon466
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might be time to put LPG injection on the ute!!!!!!!!!! 60c/l is better than a buck 50.
melon466 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #19
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempster1
$1.69 here today for ULP, and on the front page of our local paper today the federal goverment is taking away a remote area fuel subsidy and the result of this is a further 3 cent rise.

Not happy :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_wif_xf
before you climb up onto your high horse, consider the facts.

1. the subsidy varies between 1 and 3 cents a litre, depending on how remote an area you are in.

2. the money raised from scrapping the subsidy is going to be put into improving the roads, which will actually save you money in the long term, as better quality roads means your tyres, suspension etc will last longer, and there will also be less accidents, (we're always hearing how poor roads contribute to accidents) and less accidents means lower insurance premiums.

3. worse case scenario: you live in an area that gets the full 3 cent subsidy and you use a full tank of fuel a week (68L in a Falcon sedan)

a rise of 3 cents a litre means it will cost you an extra $2.04 a week to fill up, which is less than the cost of funeral insurance.

I doubt you will even notice the difference.

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #20
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon466
Might be time to put LPG injection on the ute!!!!!!!!!! 60c/l is better than a buck 50.
It's ironic how LPG was ctaching petrol in price and now it's back to 1/3rd of the price again. LPG installers will be loving it. Busy busy busy

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #21
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutura
before you climb up onto your high horse, consider the facts.

1. the subsidy varies between 1 and 3 cents a litre, depending on how remote an area you are in.

2. the money raised from scrapping the subsidy is going to be put into improving the roads, which will actually save you money in the long term, as better quality roads means your tyres, suspension etc will last longer, and there will also be less accidents, (we're always hearing how poor roads contribute to accidents) and less accidents means lower insurance premiums.

3. worse case scenario: you live in an area that gets the full 3 cent subsidy and you use a full tank of fuel a week (68L in a Falcon sedan)

a rise of 3 cents a litre means it will cost you an extra $2.04 a week to fill up, which is less than the cost of funeral insurance.

I doubt you will even notice the difference.

Do you seriously think that the 3 cpl subsidy they took away will go into rebuilding and improving the roads where the subisdies were?

Me thinks at best it will go into general revenue, at worst, I don't even want to consider. What I can't understand is what's the point of massive surplus after massive surplus if the government won't spend it on things that actually need money?
Old 04-05-2006, 02:37 AM   #22
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_wif_xf
You know your right about that. That John Howard and B*ll Liberal party have screwed Australia up for last F*#ken 10 years. Can't believe who would be dumb enough to vote for this guy and his poor @ss team.

Tell me Howard how does everything (basic) go up like fuel, food, mortage, bills, rates etc go up but not our weekly WAGES...... Everyone and everything is making money but no extra profit to our weekly pay. This does not make sense and it's p*ssin most average Australian off.

At least the Labor party got good true Aussie common sense to help us australian to make an end meet!

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 02:47 AM   #23
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Lpg

Meh LPG is cheap 39.9 cpl! Hahaha, goota love duel fuel : :eclipsee_

Cheers

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 03:53 AM   #24
Steffo
LPG > You

139.9 for regular at the local Caltex this evening. Got 14.66litres for $20.50. Its not too painful yet... $20~ is ~15 litres still... when $20 = $10 litres, then we're in for some hurt.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #25
Dodge
i like to be stroked

jerry can 25 $ and 2 mtr of 16mm tube $ 3.00 , free fuel fridays are looking like making a come back LOL
Old 04-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #26
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
jerry can 25 $ and 2 mtr of 16mm tube $ 3.00 , free fuel fridays are looking like making a come back LOL
Ha ha

I hate the taste though.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #27
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIATL
You know your right about that. That John Howard and B*ll Liberal party have screwed Australia up for last F*#ken 10 years. Can't believe who would be dumb enough to vote for this guy and his poor @ss team.

Tell me Howard how does everything (basic) go up like fuel, food, mortage, bills, rates etc go up but not our weekly WAGES...... Everyone and everything is making money but no extra profit to our weekly pay. This does not make sense and it's p*ssin most average Australian off.

At least the Labor party got good true Aussie common sense to help us australian to make an end meet!
if you think that voting Labor into government is going to fix everything then you are seriously mistaken.

do you honestly think that once Beasley and cronies get into office they are ACTUALLY going to implement all these promises they've been sprouting?

a politician's promise is worthless. all the opposition party EVER does (and it doesn't matter whether it is labor or lib) is disagree with whatever the government party says, even if what they say is good, they still disagree.

part of the reason why all these taxes and duties have risen since Howard became PM is because they have been trying to build up revenue levels after Keating left a $96 Billion debt behind when he was voted out in 1996.

Beasley is a windbag with few real solutions. He was given a go a couple of years ago, failed, was axed, and now he's been brought back. The labor party is in disarray.

You can only have two.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #28
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I don't think Johnnie and his team will last, but in saying that, Beasly's team won't make much of a diffence... not in the first few years anyway...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #29
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

if Kevin Rudd was leading the ALP, i would think about voting for them, but as long as Beasley is running the show, no chance.

You can only have two.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #30
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Ultimately, whether Beasley, Rudd or Howard/Costello is the PM, they all dance to the same drum. They are like Dubya Bush: puppets.