Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default car insurance online ADVICE PLEASE

Does Anyone Have Any Good Sites To Visit To Get Instant Online Car Insurances . Any Links Would Be Appreciated Thanks. Allianz Wont Insure A Gt Aami's Site Is Not Responding Giving Me The Shytes So To Speak Cheers And Thants In Advance.

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
347Stroker
Banned

I use Suncorp for my GT and all my other cars, and to be honest, are bloody brilliant.
I did a ring around the other day to see how competitive they were and they were the cheapest too...
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found RACQ (or whatever state derivative you have) to be the cheapest in my situation. Less than half what Just Car Insurance quoted me :

They give you instant quotes online to
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Site Sponsor

http://www.shannons.com.au/
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #5
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
Does Anyone Have Any Good Sites To Visit To Get Instant Online Car Insurances
The online Shannons quote program won't give details unless the driver is over 25 - it makes you call. Plus the vehicle list on the online quote system is far from complete and at a quick look doesn't have FPV details (or even XR details) of vehicles.

You'd have to call to get a quote from them.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Online Quotes SUCK big time - most are inaccurate because the questions can be a little ambiguous.

Do a phone around - most insurance companies have 7 days call centres and the quote you will receive from them will be accurate.

Try the majors first - Suncorp, RAC, AAMI etc are a good start and always compare both the premium and the excesses.

Haven't forgotten your PM either - will get back to you later this weekend :
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #7
gtfpv
GT

thanks guys . i tried shannons their web site online didnt have a gt only atyphoon . so rang them and hung up after being on hold for 15 minutes . same story with suncorp no online qouotes available just a phone number to ring i am on hold with them 10 minutes so far will hangup after15 minutes as i hate recordings telling me over and over again how much they appreciate my call. its worth paying an extra 200 bucks than stuff around on phones . incidentely allianz who wont insure a gt have the green slip with them because the dealer took out the policy with them . htey want $565 to renew it . the nrma sent one out for $328 . its the same story every year try to beat the nrma but never can most of the time because some companies just will not answer the phone , and 1/2 of the ones whop do wont insore a gt with stripes on it or some ridiculous thing like that. just when i think i dont have timwe for the nrma , i find i dont like the rest of em either . but their voice recordings sound nice . forgive me just voiceing my whinge. i hope people dont have as much BS AS I DO.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Online Quotes SUCK big time - most are inaccurate because the questions can be a little ambiguous.

Do a phone around - most insurance companies have 7 days call centres and the quote you will receive from them will be accurate.

Try the majors first - Suncorp, RAC, AAMI etc are a good start and always compare both the premium and the excesses.

Haven't forgotten your PM either - will get back to you later this weekend :
THANKS TORI i havent even dealt with that side of things yet . cant even get a quote as yet. i have untill march to get everything accomplished regarding re insuring the gt.it will make a good thread when all gets sorted.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
but:

The online Shannons quote program won't give details unless the driver is over 25 - it makes you call. Plus the vehicle list on the online quote system is far from complete and at a quick look doesn't have FPV details (or even XR details) of vehicles.

You'd have to call to get a quote from them.
I'm sorry, but if you are basing your insurance requirement by on online quotes then you really deserve what you get.

The issue of Shannon's system was discussed awhile back, and accordingly replied by them.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=31205

May I suggest you spend an hour on the phone and shop around.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #10
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm sorry, but if you are basing your insurance requirement by on online quotes then you really deserve what you get.
Agreed. But that's not what the OP requested. Online quotes are a great tool to have an idea of what an they will charge anyhow.

Besdies, I have shopped around on phone and net - and both of the cheapest quotes I got were from online quotes (of which one I chose as my insurance).

No need to get your panties in a knot. I wasn't bagging Shannons or anything, I think they are a great insurance company. Just highlighting that the OP wanted info on online quotes - just wanted to indicate that the Shannons online quote wouldn't suit his needs because he's to young to fill it out and it doesn't have his model car - therefore he'd have to call them.

Last edited by Deadman; 04-02-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:37 PM   #11
gtfpv
GT

Quote:

The issue of Shannon's system was discussed awhile back, and accordingly replied by them.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=31205

May I suggest you spend an hour on the phone and shop around.
laminge. email sent.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
dandaman

i used www.justcarinsurance.com.au

i was happy with the online quote, called them up, gave them the quote number, and they gave it to me for that price
dandaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #13
wingTS

try

http://www.cgu.com.au/contact/quote.shtml

They have FPV GT. I did a mock quote and the premium for driver under 25 was over $4000.....

Good luck.
wingTS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #14
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandaman
i used www.justcarinsurance.com.au

i was happy with the online quote, called them up, gave them the quote number, and they gave it to me for that price
they wont give me an instant quote but will email it in 24 hours good website too . however hung up after ringing them (on hold for 15 minutes lovely music though ).
Old 04-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #15
rodderz

Sometimes you can get cheaper quotes off the same company with 2 phone calls too...a few years ago I got 2 quotes off RACV in the space of a week and 1 was cheaper, so went with that

Got this years insurance in the mail last week however and after no claims, fines, mods etc it's gone up nearly $100.... stuffed if I know why
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #16
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Since your in NSW, try Young and Cool.
But as stated best idea is to do the phone around.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #17
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
Agreed. But that's not what the OP requested. Online quotes are a great tool to have an idea of what an they will charge anyhow.

Besdies, I have shopped around on phone and net - and both of the cheapest quotes I got were from online quotes (of which one I chose as my insurance).

No need to get your panties in a knot. I wasn't bagging Shannons or anything, I think they are a great insurance company. Just highlighting that the OP wanted info on online quotes - just wanted to indicate that the Shannons online quote wouldn't suit his needs because he's to young to fill it out and it doesn't have his model car - therefore he'd have to call them.

The last thing I need is for someone to tell me not to get my panties in a knot, to tell you the truth I had no issue at all till your last post, but if you want to head down that road I am happy to play it that way too.

Like you I am able to express my opinion, and at the same time offer alternatives, but unlike you I can end the conversation permanently, so if you feel the need to condescending again do it the mirror in the bathroom.

Having 20 plus years experience of insuring my vehicles and house has proven that interaction with your insurance company always leads to a better rate than that offered online.

So regardless if the original request was only for online tools, if there are better avenues, its going to be said

That was my input to the thread, so if you don't like, leave it at that.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #18
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Try http://www.budgetdirect.com.au/ , The cheapest I found for the XR6

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #19
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Just FYI - AAMI don't insure under 25 year old drivers in performance cars. They pass you on to Just Cars Insurance.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #20
Dean C

Quote:
Does Anyone Have Any Good Sites To Visit To Get Instant Online Car Insurances . Any Links Would Be Appreciated Thanks. Allianz Wont Insure A Gt Aami's Site Is Not Responding Giving Me The Shytes So To Speak Cheers And Thants In Advance.
Ive just been doing the same thing since I ordered my BF GT, I only found AAMI, Shannons & GIO that would insure me. WIth the GIO online quote you need to leave your details and they call in the next 2 workings. I found them about $550 cheaper than the AAMI quote and GIO will allow you to use your own repairer. I have heard Shannons a well priced too.

Goodluck
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #21
cupic
Nikon

Does the majority of online insurance quotes tend to market value???
cupic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #22
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just got a quote from shannon's, and I near fell over....(JOKE).. I was expecting it to be $2500plus(I had a quote from them 7 years ago(exspensive).

Anyway there quote was very competitive at $1500 that was for agread value and that included all my mods that I have and plan to have.......

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 02:30 AM   #23
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
just got a quote from shannon's, and I near fell over....(JOKE).. I was expecting it to be $2500plus(I had a quote from them 7 years ago(exspensive).

Anyway there quote was very competitive at $1500 that was for agread value and that included all my mods that I have and plan to have.......
THAT IS CHEAPER THAN THE GT WITH NO MODS WITH THE NRMA. SO QUOTES ARE VERY VARIED FOR DIFFERANT PEOPLE I HAVENT HAD THE QUOTE WITH SHANNONS AS YET.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #24
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Depends on locations mate

To ensure the Territory at say Phillip Island it was only $400 odd, however in the city it was almost double
Old 05-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #25
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
THAT IS CHEAPER THAN THE GT WITH NO MODS WITH THE NRMA. SO QUOTES ARE VERY VARIED FOR DIFFERANT PEOPLE I HAVENT HAD THE QUOTE WITH SHANNONS AS YET.
You live in Sydney, and for doing so, You are punished by being slugged with incrediblely exspensive insurance...... If I lived in Sydney, I doubt I could afford to own a XR8 dure to insurance being so exspensive......

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post