Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #1
Dodge
i like to be stroked

Default its a scam

cops have just started to put plain clothed people on the side of the road and radio''n ahead to bust u for talking on the phone, so now u can still smoke with kids in the car, read a street directory whilst driving, apply makeup or have a shave , argue with ur family, drive and feed the kids in the back seat, but u cant hold a little plastic thing to ur chin and talk, Yes i agree SMS is dangerous but not talking on the phone, either way we either talk to the passenger or sing alone to tunes , so what is the differance from that to this? my excuse will be im listening to my phone radio stable

Old 30-06-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
Dodge
i like to be stroked

where did the go infront of my stable?

Last edited by Laminge; 30-06-2005 at 10:54 PM. Reason: The same place it went now....
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really dunno how people can talk on their phones while driving. Ive done it once or twice and it was bloody hard. Needless to say havent done it at all for ages. If you feel the need to talk on the phone pull over its not hard. Thats what i do which is very rarely aswell as i just dont answer it.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Mate, they've been doing that at the top of Galoways (cnr wynnum and Hawthorne road) hill for best part of the last 18 months, I know cos I walk past the pr*ck with the radio on the way to the bus stop
They also do rego stickers....
Old 30-06-2005, 10:20 PM   #5
Dodge
i like to be stroked

so u never talk when u drive to ur girl or friends? come on i can talk to a 3rd party whilst welding a pressure vessle and think about what the food truck girl is wearing today, its as natural as breathing
Old 30-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are driving a car you shouldnt be doing anything else. Simple as that.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #7
Dodge
i like to be stroked

ur right gamma i have seen someone standing there opposite to that old servo , i never thought they were picking on this, maybe seat belts of smoke blowing crappers..thats what they shold be cracking down on, i was stuck behind a 4x4 diesel today that almost made me choke to death
Old 30-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For me anyways talking on the phone is more distracting talkn to someone in the car. I usually pretend the chicks are on mute unless they say sumthn i want to hear. : Same with stereos being distracting. I have a sub but dont have it cranked much. It hurts your ears aswell. I remember i was driving with my mate and we had Metallica cranked for an hour. When i got out of the car where it was quiet my ears hurt so much.
Old 30-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #9
Dodge
i like to be stroked

come on stoko, u dont listen to the radio or talk to ur passenger. why do new cars come with TV;s and coffee cup holders
Old 30-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

TVs near the driver arent supposed to work whilst driving. Yes i like music but dont have it so loud as to it distracts me. The most distracting thing on the roads and footpaths is hot chicks lol
Old 30-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #11
Dodge
i like to be stroked

u got that right, i hate that tree that blocks the .02 second glance
Old 30-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #12
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well my 2 cents worth, then tuning in a radio or changing a cd or adjusting heater controls should be illeagal
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:42 PM   #13
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I really dunno how people can talk on their phones while driving. Ive done it once or twice and it was bloody hard. Needless to say havent done it at all for ages. If you feel the need to talk on the phone pull over its not hard. Thats what i do which is very rarely aswell as i just dont answer it.
Hard. what are you on. try this for hard. talking on the phone while eating a burger with a can of coke between your legs while driving a manual and having having a smoke at the same time. Now that's hard.

And this is imposible. While driving, try and maintain a constant speed without cruise control when your getting a blow job.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 10:47 PM   #14
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
And this is imposible. While driving, try and maintain a constant speed without cruise control when your getting a blow job.
Or crashing lol. At the very least you could die a happy man.
Old 30-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
Dodge
i like to be stroked

try gettn a blowie, talkn to ur wife on the phone and driving at night with sunnies on. and lloking out for radars...LOL
Old 30-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #16
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what about getting a blowie while talking on the phone to you mum. Now that's just sick. but it has been done, but it was not me.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 12:09 AM   #17
Psycho Chicken
Banned

How about copping a blowie and keeping a decent distance between her folks in the car ahead so they didn't realise?

Talking on the phone while driving hard? Yeah I realise it's a distraction, but it's not that hard. Even in manuals. I just use my left hand and give them a quick "gear change......yeah back".
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 AM   #18
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Handsfree kits cost less than an hour's wages guys... for the sake of not leaving a shadow of a doubt and having both hands, no matter how good you are at whatever you're doing with your other hand, just use a handsfree for crying out loud. I don't want to know how good the driver was at jerking off whilst listening to his Robbie Williams, changing gears and applying his lipstick 2 seconds before he hit an oily patch, lost the tail and hit me head on as he drifted in front of me. Rather than thinking how much you can get away with, try and allow more buffer than you need. Not hard. Think how people did it BEFORE mobile phones...
Old 01-07-2005, 12:53 AM   #19
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yea but why is Australia the only country to push such a law.

Noone argues that talking on the phone causes a distraction, but theres alot of things out there that distract you aswell. Radio, Melway and hot girls distract me waaaay more, why not make all those things illegal as well.

Just more nannying by the state in their attempy to blame the problems of the world on drivers. Poverty and World Hunger? Lets fine motorists for letting it happen!!!!
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 01:52 AM   #20
paul7v7
bring it on

bah just buy a handsfree kit or use the speaker function on the phone (if it is available). Not hard and still allows you to chat on the phone. Failing that, either wait till your destination to speak or pull over.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:12 AM   #21
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
so u never talk when u drive to ur girl or friends? come on i can talk to a 3rd party whilst welding a pressure vessle and think about what the food truck girl is wearing today, its as natural as breathing
This part of this thread is useless without PICTURES. What was she wearing??
PS Pies any good?
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 07:36 AM   #22
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you are behind the wheel, your focus should be on the road. Not on a telephone, not looking through your glove box, not reading a map. I'm sick of idiots on their phone swearving from lane to lane, failing to indicate or going through interesections without looking almost causing an accident. If your phone rings, pull over. Its not that difficult.

Its about time the police got serious about this, rather than just issuing tickets. Might be time to start to impound cars. You talk all you want on a phone on public transport.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 07:58 AM   #23
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with Bucknaked. I'm sick to death of having to compensate every time I see some jerk off talking sh!t to his phone. Pull the hell over and let the rest of us get home safely. I can't count how many people have almost hit me because they can't be bothered to pull over every time their mummy needs to tell them their jammie-jams have been laid out on their bed for them. It disgusts me. Get a hands free kit or get off the road.

And for the record Australia isn't the only country to push this law, we have similar legislation in NZ.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 09:56 AM   #24
cogdoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car kit is one of the best things I ever bought. And it works through the BA stereo, so you can turn it up or down if it's a weak signal. A full kit like this is pricey at around $300, but I've seen the cig lighter kits for a measly $30...makes life MUCH easier.

Cops should start impounding phones.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:09 PM   #25
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
That's easy....FLAT OUT AGAINST THE FIREWALL!! :hihi:
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 02:12 PM   #26
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

i hate it as well, but i really can't comment, i have also been on the phone while driving :gren: but hey i was jobless on a busy highway i had to take the call and couldn't pull over :the_finge

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #27
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
When you are behind the wheel, your focus should be on the road. Not on a telephone, not looking through your glove box, not reading a map. I'm sick of idiots on their phone swearving from lane to lane, failing to indicate or going through interesections without looking almost causing an accident. If your phone rings, pull over. Its not that difficult.

Its about time the police got serious about this, rather than just issuing tickets. Might be time to start to impound cars. You talk all you want on a phone on public transport.
Mate thats spot on. It is a distraction if you cant stay in one lane, or cant abide by the traffic rules.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #28
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

one thing to remember is when buying a new phone - get them to include a hands-free car kit as it will cost only about ~$80. I work at a automotive/industrial communications place and we cant even get the full car kits for less than $220 wholesale.
(The above is referring to the nokia CDMA but the same savings apply to most other phones)

So even if u dont use it, take it to a auto communications store and sell it to em for a profit, Although there wouldnt be a warranty on the kit, if the price was right it would be sold, especially CDMA phones. You would still get a good profit for sure. (PM me if ya wanna know where i work in perth to sell the car kit... )

One thing is that there are some phones that are sold in australia that dont even have a car kit available, now thats hypocrisy (i think thats the word).
Them phones shouldnt even be allowed to be sold, yet for some reason they still are. I know some people would have no use for a car kit but it is no exception, every mobile phone sold in australia should have a car kit available.
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post