Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-11-2021, 05:41 PM   #1
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Old mate in a spot of bother after being clocked at 243km/h in his XR6T

At least it looks like an XR6T:

Ahmadi pleaded guilty to reckless driving on Friday, but said in a letter to Joondalup Magistrates Court his car had been tuned differently so he could race it at a motorplex a few days before his high-speed jaunt.

He said he never ended up racing it as the track was 'not good', and didn't drive it until November 7 when he discovered the Ford went 'four times faster than expected'

Magistrate Matthew Walton said the letter was 'remarkable' and was tempted to give Ahmadi a prison sentence.

He stopped short though of jailing the 30-year-old and instead fined him $4,000.

Ahmadi also had his licence suspended for eight months.

'That is an extraordinary speed. The highest speed I can recall dealing with as a magistrate,' Mr Walton said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lames-CAR.html
Ford17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Old mate in a spot of bother after being clocked at 243km/h in his XR6T

Damn those surprise tunes.
Old 27-11-2021, 07:27 PM   #3
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Old mate in a spot of bother after being clocked at 243km/h in his XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
I know, right? My FG GT consistently chews out the rears with a 400+ tune. I'm considering suing.
FairmontGS is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #4
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Another $1500+ for AAAC Towing, unless it gets stolen like the Clubby did in 2012
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2021, 07:35 PM   #5
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford17 View Post
He said he never ended up racing it as the track was 'not good', and didn't drive it until November 7 when he discovered the Ford went 'four times faster than expected'
Four times faster than expected... So that would put his 0-100's at about 1.5 seconds and 400m time around 3.5 seconds.

That is some f*cking Falcon!!
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-11-2021, 07:36 PM   #6
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

It's not an XR6[/T] body kit. Looks like an FPV, but with a Ford badge.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2021, 08:41 PM   #7
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

A bit like the guy who many years ago got caught doing 280 Kph on a motor bike near Bundaberg,
the judge asked him “what reason could he have for doing 280 kph?”
to which the young man said, “I was getting scared at 300 kph…..”
The judge was not impressed….
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #8
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These kind of people should be off to do community service at the morgue with dead victims of car accidents.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #9
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

or another excuse..

I was trying to catch up with my mate ahead
Old 27-11-2021, 10:22 PM   #10
xb74_black

I stretched to around 250 once when i lived in the NT, but between Alice and Darwin sat on around 175-180 when safe. Only thing that overtook me at those speeds were motorbikes. At those speeds you become quite focused on the road ahead of you.
xb74_black is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2021, 10:48 PM   #11
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
A bit like the guy who many years ago got caught doing 280 Kph on a motor bike near Bundaberg,
the judge asked him “what reason could he have for doing 280 kph?”
to which the young man said, “I was getting scared at 300 kph…..”
The judge was not impressed….
no matter what the excuse i knew it wouldnt be an AU

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2021, 05:18 AM   #12
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The freeway near Clarkson isn't that straight, it has purposely been designed with curves in it. Must have been difficult to go 243 for any distance, and very dangerous as it's just rubbish to say 'nobody else were there'.

I have tried crossing Germany on Autobahn in about 200+ (about 20 years ago) It was easier at night, usually not possible in daylight unless it was early Sunday morning etc. with less traffic. And on Autobahn, most drivers were 99.9% sticking to the slow lane if they were slow. Nothing like that here on Perth freeways, about 1/3 of drivers here sit in the 'fast lane' but driving 5km under the limit.

And writing letter to the judge about how surprisingly fast his car was after tuning is just plain stupid. Not much of an excuse.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2021, 09:13 AM   #13
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Ive heard of Ghost cams. But not ghost tunes...
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2021, 01:16 PM   #14
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, old mate sounds like a complete tool... Why Not just own it... Had work done to the car, decided to give it a thrashing on the Highway and got caught... Wouldn't of made any difference to the sentence handed out...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2021, 06:22 PM   #15
sr71

That’s not too harsh, for that speed. Only 8 months..I was recently talking to a young bloke who lost his licence for 5 1/2 years (NSW). Police witnessed him, but no pursuit (he was dobbed in). If Ahmadi represented himself, there’s a saving of $2000.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2021, 06:31 PM   #16
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

202 in a 60, 36 years ago, arrested on the spot, car left where it was, picked it up 2 hours later and went home, at court lost licence for 3 months and a $150 fine, how times have changed
5 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2021, 12:53 AM   #17
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
202 in a 60, 36 years ago, arrested on the spot, car left where it was, picked it up 2 hours later and went home, at court lost licence for 3 months and a $150 fine, how times have changed
you did well
i wasnt 72/75 in a 60 xy falcon wagon 9 months and a re sit as they canceled it completely
the old william st beckingham coming from lesmurdie to lynwood
car had no speedo so was matching another cop recon'd we were racing , took me to court and magi thru the book at me
was bout 36 years ago too

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2021, 01:17 AM   #18
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
you did well
i wasnt 72/75 in a 60 xy falcon wagon 9 months and a re sit as they canceled it completely
the old william st beckingham coming from lesmurdie to lynwood
car had no speedo so was matching another cop recon'd we were racing , took me to court and magi thru the book at me
was bout 36 years ago too
Mine was the old Forrest rd in Jandakot was on my own and about 11pm on a Saturday night so I didnt even see another car until I saw the cops, handcuffed and in the back of the VK Commodore while they went through my car and did some checks, they were pretty p!ssed, but they had time to cool of by the time we got to Freo though so were not swearing as much then .

The guy before me at court had led the cops on a chase through Hilton, he had a bit of a mouth on him and was telling the judge it was a bullsh!t charge etc, he copped it so I was sh!ting myself when it was my turn, at the time I was spewing that I lost my licence and that I was only getting $76 a week wages, so the $150 was a bit of a hit to the pocket, now I look back and think how lucky I was
Old 29-11-2021, 10:08 AM   #19
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Not many cars came off the showroom floor capable of 200 kph back in the 80s. certainly needed a run-up

so achieving over 200 in a 60 zone was quite a feat.

curious to know what you were driving?

In contrast there are plenty of cars today can do it quite easily meaning there is a lot more access to novice drivers
at least todays cars handle stop a lot better
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2021, 10:33 AM   #20
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Not many cars came off the showroom floor capable of 200 kph back in the 80s. certainly needed a run-up

In contrast there are plenty of cars today can do it quite easily meaning there is a lot more access to novice drivers
V8 commodores did well
$1.90 on the speedo was where it stopped on the needle @ 4500rpm, backed off at 5500rpm, not too good on the math but it's not a speed you would want to get found doing these days, this was in a 100 zone, but I agree in a 60 zone would be quite an effort though!
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2021, 10:50 AM   #21
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post

79 VB Commodore sedan, 308 4 speed, it was no slouch, spedo stopped at 200 but the needle would go past , Forrest rd was quite a long road back in the 80's and was considered the back of nowhere (20ks from Fremantle ), it had varying speed limits, I just got caught in the 60 section with my foot still mashed.

You could get on to Forrest rd at Rockingham Rd in Hamilton hill and drive all the way to Albany highway Armadale

Last edited by prktkljokr; 29-11-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 29-11-2021, 11:42 AM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Only 8 months loss of licence?

Things seem more relaxed over there
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #23
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Only 8 months loss of licence?

Things seem more relaxed over there
easier to bribe
Old 29-11-2021, 12:40 PM   #24
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Doesn't take much to get youself on the ****list here in VIC:

Quote:
A driver will be charged with the offence of excessive speeding if they exceed the speed limit by more than 25km/h or drive faster than 130km/h. Guilt will depend on the facts and circumstances, with the prosecution having to prove that the person charged was driving the car and doing so over the speed limit.

Excessive speeding results in an automatic licence suspension and is classed as a criminal offence so an offender will receive a criminal record.
https://www.armstronglegal.com.au/tr...sive-speeding/

Makes you wonder if its worth driving through the road works zone at 100km/h when no one is there and the signs are still out
Old 29-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #25
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a series of road safety video's on YouTube called Red Asphalt made by the California Highway Patrol in the early 1960's.
To say they are graphic is an understatement.
It's probably a good thing the picture quality isn't that good.

It would be a game changer if magistrates & offenders had to attend scenes as depicted in the video's.

What is apparent is 60 years after those video's were made people are still dying & being maimed on the roads for the same reasons.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #26
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
There's a series of road safety video's on YouTube called Red Asphalt made by the California Highway Patrol in the early 1960's.

It would be a game changer if magistrates & offenders had to attend scenes as depicted in the video's.

What is apparent is 60 years after those video's were made people are still dying & being maimed on the roads for the same reasons.
Would it really? I don't think so, I guess as you get older your risk taking behavior decreases but showing people graphic images/scenes probably isn't going to deter someone doing something unsafe.

Who here hasn't done silly things behind the wheel of the car in the past? I distinctly remember someone here on AFF showing a GPS shot of them doing 315km/h on a bike.
Old 29-11-2021, 06:55 PM   #27
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A Whyalla man has lost his licence for six months after being caught driving at almost double the speed limit in Cowell on Saturday.

Police say just after midday, November 27, patrols were conducting static speed detection duties when they detected a sedan travelling at 112km/h in a 60km/h zone on the Lincoln Highway.

The driver, a 28-year-old Whyalla man was issued an on the spot fine totalling $1814 and was issued a immediate six month loss of licence.
Old 29-11-2021, 07:23 PM   #28
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
A Whyalla man has lost his licence for six months after being caught driving at almost double the speed limit in Cowell on Saturday.

Police say just after midday, November 27, patrols were conducting static speed detection duties when they detected a sedan travelling at 112km/h in a 60km/h zone on the Lincoln Highway.

The driver, a 28-year-old Whyalla man was issued an on the spot fine totalling $1814 and was issued a immediate six month loss of licence.
That's almost exactly what happened to me when i was 18.
Except fine was roughly 2k. Still 6 mths loss, not immediate though. Also NSW

That event scared me for life not in a million years would i ever contemplate anything like that again. I still have the original fine hanging in my shed
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance

Last edited by DJM83; 29-11-2021 at 07:31 PM.
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2021, 02:13 AM   #29
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post

I remember being forced to watch those CHP videos at school in late 60s/early 70s… It was compulsory for each class!
I remember kids fainting and being physically sick, and dead silent for the next hour or so after exiting library.
No way would they be allowed in our mollycoddled education system nowadays!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2021, 02:29 AM   #30
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

My son got pinged by camera on Westgate freeway doing 170 on his GXR 750 Suzuki, about 6 years ago (not licensed for over 250cc)
The Female Magistrate was big on road safety education rather than big stick..
He had to attend a week long St. Vincent’s hospital course where they visited road trauma victims… amputees, paraplegics, horrible disfigurements, as well as trauma unit Drs & nurses describing what they go through.
He then had to re-front the same magistrate, stand up and give a summary of what he’d experienced and “learnt”…
She was impressed in his response, but by law, had to give him 12 months suspension (not cancelation!) $250 fine, and no criminal conviction recorded…
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post