Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Fire-Affected “Driving Roads”

I’ve been itching to get out for more than a couple of hours at a time, and go for a blat.

Have seen plenty on the news and info websites about fire affecting some of the more popular ex-Sydney day drives.

I don’t want to be viewed as an insensitive rubbernecker, or think I’m in for a good run when half the road turns out damaged and grossly speed reduced. Plus I can’t find any decent info on the state of the roads - just if they’re closed or not.

Say I favoured the George Downes Drive-Broke-Mt Thorley-Putty Rd loop, what sort of shape is it currently in?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fire-Affected “Driving Roads”

The towns out there need the tourism, don't feel bad. go out, stay in towns spend some money!

I'm planning a weekend trip at the start of March over a few days from Hornsby to Colo via putty turn around and go south to Lithgow then over the and past oberon down south and back up through Kangaroo valley, royal national park. Stay somewhere along the way.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-01-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw someone post on Facebook few days ago that they went to Putty from Sydney. So I guess that's open. When I looked up the fire a few days ago it was burning near Milbrodale. No idea if the road was opened though.

I went to Wollombi today. It was surrounded by fires recently not too long ago. There were a fair few people around. It was good to see people out an about on an overcast Thursday.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #4
hayseed

According to this It's all open..

https://www.livetraffic.com/desktop.html
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post