Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FG2 front bumper OCD

Long winded maybe

front bumper has been damaged (I believe) in transport from when I bought it.It has 4 spacers missing (pics attached) that cannot be repaired.

To replace there is nothing in South Oz so looking interstate so any ideas on availability or freight to Adelaide please

Last edited by Tonz; 03-02-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Tonz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: FG2 front bumper OCD

There are quite a few available on eBay for sale.

FG front bumper - search results
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XT bumper would have to be different to XR would'nt it?
Old 31-12-2017, 05:34 PM   #4
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
XT bumper would have to be different to XR would'nt it?
Yes they are different.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2017, 05:41 PM   #5
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

shoit.. and over this time of year. Should have done something about this earlier.

Go Further....gotta say I really appreciate the time you spend on this forum, both with your own Fg and also general stuff. You sir are an asset to this place
Old 31-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

At least XT and G6/G6E bumpers are identical now though .... not like in the first incarnation of FG where XT was only share with base ute and R6 only.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2017, 09:37 PM   #7
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

The dont last a week in the taxis, when they start to sag I wire them up by lifting the undertray so the gap looks about right.

Oops just noticed you dont have an undertray.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-12-2017, 09:43 PM   #8
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before I noticed anything strange I had removed all the stuff inside wheel arches and covered everything in several coats of sound deadening bitumin paint, also fitted factory fog/driving lights then made metal plate to fit inside the black grill to secure the number plate and LED light bar.
Then I thought stuff that looks rough finish and realised parts were broken and now cannot be repaired.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #9
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

S/H bumpers are harder to find than honest pollies, but I can get an after market one $330.... whats your thoughts on quality of after market ....
Old 04-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

New XT FG2 Bumper genuine is around $430 from Ford, for a $100 more I would go genuine, then you know everything will fit right.

FYI Part number for the bar alone is BR2Z 17C831 AAW
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 03:11 PM   #11
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haa south Oz always charge more $470 but I get newy this arvo. Will try insurance, dont like my chances but hey....
Old 06-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #12
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well now loaded into ute without cardboard box and headed for home.

This morning Iam looking at it and thinking....have I been ripped off? Is this genuine or aftermarket sold by Ford dealer?

Is there a way I cannot see any numbers or markings on it, mind you 38* so didnt spend long outside, but $330 aftermarket seller and $470 Ford dealer ????
Old 06-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #13
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wouldn't be the first time a dealer has sold an aftermarket component and not been completely honest about it.....

I bought a pair of "OEM genuine" engine mounts from a dealer on eBay. Proudly claimed them as genuine, and noted to only buy genuine parts from them. Instant taxi whine in 1st, 2nd & 3rd. Had to put the old ones back in, it was that bad.

Bought another genuine set from another dealer on eBay, and they actually had Ford stickers on them, and a barcode - unlike the first "genuine" set I bought. These were just as quiet as the originals.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post