Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Xmas car park drivers Ahhhh

Ahhh...
Xmas carpark drivers!!!
was at Westfields Castlehill tonight. It has new photo ID for cars and this makes exiting slow. BUT as I entered a driver in an Holden Captiva was parked with hazards on blocking one lane close to the entrance. So the driver in front of me (Mazda CX9) goes around him and then pulls up and starts to reverse into a car spot! So here I am stuck (along with 5 cars behind me. So the CX9 drivers takes 4 goes at reversing into the spot whilst the Captiva drivers sits. So im waiting and then the Captiva driver gets out of the car and pops the boot.
I 'm dumbfounded to watch as his wife comes along and pops 2 Coles bag in the boot. He had been blocking traffic at a main entrance JUST WAITING FOR THE WIFE.
Arhh it drives me nuts
Uk
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #2
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Xmas car park drivers Ahhhh

I love my ute, has a large 'glass canopy on the back....last week I printed 2 A3 posters.... xxx couriors PH xxxx xxx xxx and leave them on the cab doors now I park in loading bays
Old 22-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #3
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I love my ute, has a large 'glass canopy on the back....last week I printed 2 A3 posters.... xxx couriors PH xxxx xxx xxx and leave them on the cab doors now I park in loading bays
You don't need to be in a sign written ute or van to get 30 minutes in a loading zone. Station wagons only get 15 minutes however 4wds don't count. I always use loading zones in my own time in the work ute if it's only a short stay.
Having worked in a number parking stations and a couple of shopping centres (as a tradesman) the arrogance, pig ignorance, plain stipidity, lack of attention and disregard to others property is mind blowing. I've had ignoramuses almost run over my spotter after driving around my car with hazards on and even driving over bollards with danger tape who try to have a go at me for blocking 3 spaces to do a job. I'm not a polite person if you drive around the 1st barrier, over the second barrier and try to run down a work mate just because you're in a hurry. Car parks are jungles.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #4
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All right if you get away with loading zones.I have had plenty of run ins with tradies using loading zones at lunch time.The law does say that you can only use a loading zone when actually loading or unloading goods,not as a parking spot to use to go to the takeaway at lunch time.At one time in Hobart the parking inspectors were writing tickets for misuse of loading zones
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #5
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
All right if you get away with loading zones.I have had plenty of run ins with tradies using loading zones at lunch time.The law does say that you can only use a loading zone when actually loading or unloading goods,not as a parking spot to use to go to the takeaway at lunch time.At one time in Hobart the parking inspectors were writing tickets for misuse of loading zones
My excuse when not in work clothes is it's an after hours emergency callout.
This user likes this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #6
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Question Re: Xmas car park drivers Ahhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
You don't need to be in a sign written ute or van to get 30 minutes in a loading zone. Station wagons only get 15 minutes however 4wds don't count. I always use loading zones in my own time in the work ute if it's only a short stay.
Having worked in a number parking stations and a couple of shopping centres (as a tradesman) the arrogance, pig ignorance, plain stipidity, lack of attention and disregard to others property is mind blowing. I've had ignoramuses almost run over my spotter after driving around my car with hazards on and even driving over bollards with danger tape who try to have a go at me for blocking 3 spaces to do a job. I'm not a polite person if you drive around the 1st barrier, over the second barrier and try to run down a work mate just because you're in a hurry. Car parks are jungles.
The police have towards zero campaign but seeing how people drive/park in car parks fat chance of that ever happening.
It seems nowadays everyone has to reverse park into a spot. What ever happened to just (quickly) driving straight in.???
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 09:53 AM   #7
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate the Christmas car parking madness so much that I go to a major shopping center 1 hour before final call closing before Christmas and do a blitzkrieg targeted shop in malls that are close to deserted.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It doesn't help that I detest Holden Captivas
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
You Yangs
Dunnydore Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken View Post
Ahhh...
Xmas carpark drivers!!!
was at Westfields Castlehill tonight. It has new photo ID for cars and this makes exiting slow. BUT as I entered a driver in an Holden Captiva was parked with hazards on blocking one lane close to the entrance. So the driver in front of me (Mazda CX9) goes around him and then pulls up and starts to reverse into a car spot! So here I am stuck (along with 5 cars behind me. So the CX9 drivers takes 4 goes at reversing into the spot whilst the Captiva drivers sits. So im waiting and then the Captiva driver gets out of the car and pops the boot.
I 'm dumbfounded to watch as his wife comes along and pops 2 Coles bag in the boot. He had been blocking traffic at a main entrance JUST WAITING FOR THE WIFE.
Arhh it drives me nuts
Uk
Westsfields Castle Hill 😂😂
Don’t you mean Castle Towers, owned by Queensland Investment Corp and by all accounts are ruthless fkrs if you’re a tenant, don’t get me started on the paid parking. The train station hasn’t even opened and they have the hide to charge for parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
+1 for the Pirelli Dragon Sport.
Old 23-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #10
monzie

Quote:
Ahhh...
Xmas carpark drivers!!!
was at Westfields Castlehill tonight. It has new photo ID for cars and this makes exiting slow.
Photo ID for cars to get out? What gives? .
Old 23-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #11
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Westfield Miranda has the same setup......
Takes a photo and records time you drove in......then on the way out it knows how long you've been there and decides wether to lift the boom gate or ask for your credit card.....
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #12
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Ahhh...
Xmas carpark drivers!!!
Arhh it drives me nuts
Uk

Next time send your dash cam video to Dash Cam Owners Australia and shame the PR**K.
This will give them some unwanted infamy
http://www.dashcamownersaus.com.au/m...-compilations/

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #13
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
You know it will help if you got the spelling right.

Couriers.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #14
OzriderXR8

Quote:
It seems nowadays everyone has to reverse park into a spot. What ever happened to just (quickly) driving straight in.???
I park at a multistorey at a shopping centre 3 days a week and must admit I reverse in to a spot.

Reason.....have you ever tried reversing out when some stupid 'enter preference here' parks so close to you that you can't turn to reverse out.

Most parking now has very little space behind to manoeuvre.

My biggest gripe is the car doors opened against the car next to them, I see it everyday and it's mostly older women doing it. I've left notes on a few cars with the offending cars rego that have had dents or scraped paint left by these Fu$$ers.

AUII XR8 200KW
FG MK2 XR6
Mini 850
Rover P5 3 Litre Mk1
OzriderXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #15
triples

I must be really lucky when it comes to shopping at peak times.

I get to go around all the queues, never have to wait for a parking spot, never have to pay and always get to park at the door.

I love my ute

triples is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 02:14 PM   #16
Kicking back

Number plate recognition systems are there to stop people milking the free 3 hours thing. You cannot do the drive out for free then straight back in for another 3 hours free. It's not so much about people man shopping because who could possibly take 3 hours to buy what they specifically wanted regardless of any other products, but it's to stop tradies and such using the place as a parking station for free. So it is to a degree a cash grab but in the same sense it frees the place up for patrons.
Old 23-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #17
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by triples View Post
I must be really lucky when it comes to shopping at peak times.

I get to go around all the queues, never have to wait for a parking spot, never have to pay and always get to park at the door.

I love my ute

The seating position looks a touch uncomfortable.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #18
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Number plate recognition systems are there to stop people milking the free 3 hours thing.
No more rolling a tin can over the sensor to spit out another ticket on the way home.... although they probably cottoned onto that in the 25 years since it worked in a particular carpark near uni that was always half empty because of the fees. Tight-*** owners wouldn't give a student discount, so we found a way....

Castle Towers is a place I won't even dare to venture near. Despite being less than a km from it most days, I've only been there once in 3 years, under sufference. The acts decribed above is what you witness in one trip there!
Too many selfish pigs who think the world owes them a favour.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #19
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Number plate recognition systems are there to stop people milking the free 3 hours thing. You cannot do the drive out for free then straight back in for another 3 hours free. It's not so much about people man shopping because who could possibly take 3 hours to buy what they specifically wanted regardless of any other products, but it's to stop tradies and such using the place as a parking station for free. So it is to a degree a cash grab but in the same sense it frees the place up for patrons.
The problem I have with the 3 hour free limit at the major shopping centres is when I go out for dinner at a restaurant there, before a movie at the cinemas there.
40min - 1 hour sit down diner, movie trailers, 2 hour movie, walk to and from your car (say 10mins).... 3 hours is not enough.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 04:00 PM   #20
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Quote:
...who could possibly take 3 hours to buy what they specifically wanted regardless of any other products...
You never met my ex.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #21
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The police have towards zero campaign but seeing how people drive/park in car parks fat chance of that ever happening.
Safer to reverse into a known clear space rather than reversing out into an unknown condition road.
Amount of time I have seen two reversing cars hit each other or the few times I have had to hold the horn down because I am well and truly out of my park and someone opposite me decideds to start reversing without looking properly means I will reverse into 99% of parks these days no matter how much it annoys people behind me. They aren't paying my insurance if I'm hit.

I have found Christmas parking so easy this year. Get a park almost instantly after driving into the car park. I just go on weekdays
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #22
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Safer to reverse into a known clear space rather than reversing out into an unknown condition road.
Amount of time I have seen two reversing cars hit each other or the few times I have had to hold the horn down because I am well and truly out of my park and someone opposite me decideds to start reversing without looking properly means I will reverse into 99% of parks these days no matter how much it annoys people behind me. They aren't paying my insurance if I'm hit.

I have found Christmas parking so easy this year. Get a park almost instantly after driving into the car park. I just go on weekdays
I drive a car with no rear visability so I always reverse park. You drive past the spot and make sure there are no obstructions and back it in. I don't have any parking aids either go ford for that one. But it stops the whole back out enough to see then get unstuck scenario. I made the front 45 degree parking mistake in my old windowless van years ago. Backing out blind and all you get it horns. That's when you have to make the commitment and do it anyways. That's a risky move.
Old 23-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #23
triples

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
The seating position looks a touch uncomfortable.

Cheers Mick
It's not as bad as it looks
triples is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #24
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
. I made the front 45 degree parking mistake in my old windowless van years ago. Backing out blind and all you get it horns. That's when you have to make the commitment and do it anyways. That's a risky move.
Yes, first rule of driving any truck big or small reverse in, drive out.. I hate that most country towns mainly have 45 deg parking so with the van I use the shop window front reflection along the street to back out slowly as I can't see a thing out back.

Photo number plate reading is also used at Rhodes shopping centre (Syd) as I discovered when I visited Ikea.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 05:02 PM   #25
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by triples View Post
It's not as bad as it looks
Nice. I often use a b.o.b trailer for shopping.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #26
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Yangs View Post
Westsfields Castle Hill 😂😂
Don’t you mean Castle Towers, owned by Queensland Investment Corp and by all accounts are ruthless fkrs if you’re a tenant, don’t get me started on the paid parking. The train station hasn’t even opened and they have the hide to charge for parking.
Yes I stand corrected.
My son works in the towers so we help him avoid the payment system.
I just dont understand some drivers.
UK

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 23-12-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 23-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #27
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yes, first rule of driving any truck big or small reverse in, drive out.. I hate that most country towns mainly have 45 deg parking so with the van I use the shop window front reflection along the street to back out slowly as I can't see a thing out back.

Photo number plate reading is also used at Rhodes shopping centre (Syd) as I discovered when I visited Ikea.
Rhodes is one of the shopping centres I do work for.
Old 24-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #28
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I'm sure the car parks have been choc-a-block... I wouldn't know though, I just go to the beach instead - there are heaps of free parks atm because all the numpties are out being good little consumerists
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #29
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

My wife has a disable parking permit and I really struggle to get her a decent park
when people park in disable spaces because they're only going to be a few minutes....
No mercy, book every single one of them everytime.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2017, 10:46 AM   #30
marcyeo

One good tip I learnt for Xmas shopping is to use the Valet parking.

At Westfield's here in Qld they only cost $5, and skips the hassle of wasting time looking for parks and worrying about some numbnut scratching the car, they're also always situated right next to the entrances so saves walking/hunting for your car.

OLD
2010 FPV F6 FG - Herrod CAI, Pedders extreme XA's, Whiteline fr & rear swaybars, PWR stepped IC, injectors, turbo dump pipe with Venom cat, Herrod piping kit = 350rwkw
marcyeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post