Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #1
ken1939

Default End of Falcon, article help please

G'day all. I wanted to put up a post, as I am going to write a small article for the Falcon Club of America as a tribute to the end of Falcon (and Ford) Production.

I have seen a few posts on here about the final date of assembly, the last Falcon to be made and of course, the first Falcon.

I have one picture from the internet of the first Falcon off the assembly line, and am looking for a better picture if anyone has one. If I can be emailed with any pictures that would be better.

I would like also a good picture or two of a XC Falcon Cobra. There is one here in the USA, but I cannot seem to contact the owner.

I also would like a picture of the 50th anniversary versions if anyone has one, and I would be remiss if I did not ask for a Ute Photo.

I realize I do not have alot of space to write about this vast history of the Australian Falcon, but will try to keep it simple. Some of the US Falcon club, for some reason, not into the Australian Falcons. I blame it on lack of the internet in the old days

Any suggestions would be helpful, I know I have talked with a few folks about how the first year did not go over well, and the Australian Design version was released to a much better acceptance.

I know there are a few post of most favorite, and I am sure there are pleanty.

Just looking for some good facts and pictures. PM me and I will send you my email address for any photos.

Cheers,
Ken
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: End of Falcon, article help please

Hi Ken.

PM me your email and I will try and scan some of my old Cobra photos.
I don't have any digital photos unfortunately.

Or google 'XC Cobra image', then you would find hundreds on the interweb.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Or google 'XC Cobra image', then you would find hundreds on the interweb.
He may want AFF members cars so he can get their permission to reprint/post them.

Getting them from the interwebz he might run into copyright problems.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:53 PM   #4
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Ken have you seen the articles on the Aussie Falcon on www.ateupwithmotor.com ?
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2016, 10:03 AM   #5
ken1939

Yes some modern photos only because of the magazine process these days. Digital photos go a long way.

And as mentioned, I would love to give credit to the owners..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
He may want AFF members cars so he can get their permission to reprint/post them.

Getting them from the interwebz he might run into copyright problems.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-05-2016, 10:03 AM   #6
ken1939

Quote:
Originally Posted by outback_ute View Post
Ken have you seen the articles on the Aussie Falcon on www.ateupwithmotor.com ?
That looks helpful.

I just want to be sure my dates are correct.
Old 14-05-2016, 11:59 AM   #7
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day Ken...First up , Congratulations and thanks to you from a passionate and I do mean passionate Ford Falcon enthusiast.I've had a few over the years and currently own two , a 2001 AU Series 2 and a Mk1 FG XR6 .It is awesome that you want to recognise the Australian Ford Falcon in the way you suggest and it genuinely deserves it..Pretty hard to discount 56 years of continuous production..That's a very long time by any standard and I suggest it'd probably be one of the longest of any one single marque..As for fact checking I'm pretty confident that many of our AFF members will have adequate resources and suggestions for your article..Would love to see the final published article one day..Congrats again...Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #8
ken1939

So far I have been able to pen something together, 7 pages! Its hard to try and condense the story, but we will see. I used Falcons Down Under for some of my source material, some was from memory on other research and some was talking to mates in the past.
I will see if I can post the first draft here, I just started a new computer up today so am getting that sorted out.
Old 19-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #9
ken1939

Stumbled across a video of a XB GT and a Cobra, guess what, they are two of the 4 the bloke owns in Washington State. I though Douglass Fir trees looked out of place in Oz, not to mention the traffic flow and well, the Washington State Road signs and Rego Plates!

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...spart=iry&tt=b