Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-12-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Chrysler Recalling 56,000 Jeeps Worldwide..Electrical Short Tailgate> Fire Risk

"DETROIT (AP) — Fiat Chrysler is recalling nearly 56,000 Jeep Cherokee SUVs worldwide to fix a water leak that can cause an electrical short in the power tailgates.

The recall covers Cherokees from the 2015 and 2016 model years. Water can get into the tailgate control module, increasing the risk of a fire. The company says no fires or injuries have been reported.

Fiat Chrysler says two customer complaints led to the recall.

The Jeeps were manufactured from Feb. 18 to Sept. 10. Dealers will inspect the module and replace damaged parts. They'll also replace a water shield with a better one. The company is developing a schedule for the recall and will notify owners.

In the meantime, owners are advised to check tailgates and make sure they are kept dry until repairs are made.

Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed."
http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...fix-water-leak
Old 25-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: Chrysler Recalling 56,000 Jeeps Worldwide..Electrical Short Tailgate> Fire Risk

The sun rises and the sun sets, another day goes by and Jeep does not fail in delivering the most fault prone vehicles of the modern times.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Chrysler Recalling 56,000 Jeeps Worldwide..Electrical Short Tailgate> Fire Risk

Note to self ........ stay away from JEEP vehicles !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #4
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just another in a ong list
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chrysler first vehicle recall for 2016!!!
Old 25-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #6
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Note to self ........ stay away from JEEP vehicles !
Oh I'm so glad Ford doesn't have recalls.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/12...supercrew.html

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/12...650-f-750.html

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/12...d-transit.html

http://consumerist.com/2015/12/23/fo...g-in-the-dark/

Oh and these are just from the past week. If you're going to avoid every manufacturer that's had recalls, you better get yourself a bicycle.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintman1 View Post
Just another in a ong list
Might have to recall your post for letter omission.
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Oh I'm so glad Ford doesn't have recalls.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/12...supercrew.html

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/12...650-f-750.html

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/12...d-transit.html

http://consumerist.com/2015/12/23/fo...g-in-the-dark/

Oh and these are just from the past week. If you're going to avoid every manufacturer that's had recalls, you better get yourself a bicycle.
no doubt other car makers have problems too, but jeep seems to be in the news almost every week for some grievance , i wouldnt mind a hemi v8 engine for my hot rod, but i wouldn't touch a jeep .
Old 25-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #9
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Might have to recall your post for letter omission.
You try typing on an early iPhone
Old 25-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #10
carwant.com.au
carwant.com.au

Image if Jeep released a self driving car.....
carwant.com.au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #11
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwant.com.au View Post
Image if Jeep released a self driving car.....
Post of the month!
This user likes this post:
Old 26-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #12
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FF members had a go at me for buying a Hyundai i20. I have had it 12 months, nothing has rattled, developed a squeak, dropped off, stop working, warranty claim. Been very reliable...I am still waiting for the steel bar in my lower back that many posters claim happens with the i20!!! It has been serviced twice and computer update. Fuel consumption has never gone over 7l/100kms...in the old measurement it does around 39mpg..very happy with the i20....
Old 26-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #13
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
FF members had a go at me for buying a Hyundai i20. I have had it 12 months, nothing has rattled, developed a squeak, dropped off, stop working, warranty claim. Been very reliable...I am still waiting for the steel bar in my lower back that many posters claim happens with the i20!!! It has been serviced twice and computer update. Fuel consumption has never gone over 7l/100kms...in the old measurement it does around 39mpg..very happy with the i20....

Yeh but boring to drive? You know that's all ford forum members care about! Most fords are better to drive than lambos
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #14
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Glad its going well for you, lets us know how it goes when you have some miles on it.
Old 27-12-2015, 11:46 PM   #15
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought a Jeep ?
Old 27-12-2015, 11:59 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Two weeks ago I had someone rock up in a 2015 Grand Cherokee with a problem with the airbag suspension system causing a light to come on the dash, was curious so I scanned it, problem with the suspension module reporting that the position the BCM is commanding is unviable.

I said go back to the dealership its under warranty
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2015, 01:04 AM   #17
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I bought a Jeep ?
What colour.... Hahahaaaa
Old 28-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #18
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ha ha, only joshing .
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2015, 06:20 PM   #19
Warrenk

After 2 customer complaints they identified a potential fault and put into process a recall to check for the problem in other vehicles in the range.
How many other companies would try to hide a fault and ignore any complaints.

Here are a couple companies that would have no issues hiding and lying about problems.
Toyota had an issue with a fly by wire throttle. This issue was responsible for 400 deaths and injuries worldwide and a massive fine before they accepted liability and did something about it.
GM with the problem with the ignition switch in some models which will result in a substantial fine.
VW, everyone knows about their deceit.

Warren
Old 28-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Jeep are no different. They just copped a huge fine from the nhtsa for not reporting safety faults, or delaying the reporting of.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #21
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
As generally understood, the person accusing (the "pot") is understood to share some quality with the target of their accusation (the "kettle"). The pot is mocking the kettle for a little soot when the pot itself is thoroughly covered with it.
Just saying.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #22
deluxe_

Quote:
Smaller cars can be more reliable than bigger vehicles such as SUV's for the fact that bigger vehicles consist of bigger and more moving parts in general. A smaller can develop half the problems a large SUV would within its life span.
deluxe_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #23
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tempted...my daughter had a Fiesta that had a clutch thrust bearing go at 90,000kms...
Old 29-12-2015, 11:08 PM   #24
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I don't recall anyone on this forum bagging you for choosing to go with the Hyundai; after all, it is your money and your car and no one but you can work out what best suits your needs and wants.

What I do recall people bagging you out for is coming on here (a Ford Forum, after all) continually telling us that everything Ford does is wrong and that we are not doing the right thing by supporting our love of Ford vehicles. As to why that might annoy some of us, refer to the para above about right of choice and how it might apply to our decision on what we own.......

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #25
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
Come back to us when your i20 has done 200,000km. If it even makes it that far.
I don't think male dignity could survive for 200,000km in an i20.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #26
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
The sun rises and the sun sets, another day goes by and Jeep does not fail in delivering the most fault prone vehicles of the modern times.
Another day goes by and another ignorant person jumps on the jeep bashing bandwagon.

Its not actually a fault, its a POTENTIAL fault... Which they're proactively fixing BEFORE it becomes a fault.

How about Fords weak ball joints which cause wheels to fall off at freeway speeds? Or the brake line recall they only recalled AFTER a number of failures - not to mention how quiet and out of the media they tried to keep it. But hey, losing brakes or a wheel isnt really a safety concern.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2015, 07:43 PM   #27
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jeep recalls/faults are out of proportion to other vehicles.http://m.recalls.gov.au/content/inde.../itemId/952865
Old 30-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #28
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Tempted...my daughter had a Fiesta that had a clutch thrust bearing go at 90,000kms...
Well, we're not supposed to sit at the trafic lights on Gladstone Road and Fitzroy Street, with our foot on the clutch.
Old 31-12-2015, 12:24 AM   #29
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd take a high recall rate over the ol', "oh, we've never heard of that problem before" despite it being something well known.

It could just mean that they're working hard at improving their brand rather than sticking their head in the sand.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2015, 12:45 AM   #30
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Classic sign of resting foot on clutch when sopped and prevalent in female driven vehicles.