Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Default S1 and S2 ECU Wiring Differences?

Hi all
Im putting a Windsor out of a Series 1 AU XR8 into my GU Patrol.
Im currently wiring it up but could only get a Series 2 wiring diagram of the ECU pinouts.
I don't believe there is any wiring differences in the ECU side but just wanted to confirm before I get too deeply into things.
I am aware of Series 1 running smartlock and Sereis 2 running smartshield but the Quarterhorse will be taking care of that.
Can anyone confirm or deny my thoughts?
Cheers
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
Rufnut74

Default Re: S1 and S2 ECU Wiring Differences?

I can't help you with your question but I already have a 351 windsor I. My Gq which was carby but I am fitting au series 2 efi to ATM . So if you have any question about anything else message me. I am intrested in more info about quarter horse to delete the smart shield and to able to tune to suit the 5.8 ltr so will have some questions for you.
Rufnut74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2015, 08:33 PM   #3
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Cheers mate but I have a handle on the rest of it.
I was the first one to put an EFI 5.0 into a GQ/Maverick nearly 10 years ago when everyone said it couldn't be done.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
Rufnut74

Ar ok I may have been talking to you a while ago about buying some custom extractors off you. If yours is the white mav with style side dual cab chop.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
MrEL
Sick Puppy

That was it. Its now gone to a better place. Everything has been swapped across into my GU.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
Rufnut74

Ar but the mav had the ford logo on it. Maybe you could have a maverick Gu.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
T MAN

you can use a series 2 ecu on the series 1 loom, only thing you need to do is when you run the chip/quarterhorse the strategy and calibration files need to match the series 2 ecu.
T MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post