Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Now this is advertising the Mustang

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...-1227218051033
Old 13-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
jim
Starter Motor

Default Re: Now this is advertising the Mustang

WOW, nice car to.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so did any of them get a second date?...she looked bored out of her brain with the their inane posturing.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #4
FPV-800

Ford Australia should do something like that with the new XR8, O that's right, they dont advertise Falcons!!!
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That's awesome. "I think you should change gears now?"
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Loved it............ and she's waaaay better looking than Ken Block

Unfortunately that would never get aired here, all the 'Speed kills' mob would be up in arms.
Old 13-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #7
Elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Unfortunately that would never get aired here, all the 'Speed kills' mob would be up in arms.
That's the beauty of viral advertising (if you can pull it off)... I've seen this video around Facebook and the likes (even shared by non car folk!), so it's getting around Australia despite the 1km/h-over-the-speed-limit-will-kill-everyone mob that would stop it going to air!
Elements is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #8
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj-apples View Post
Ford Australia should do something like that with the new XR8, O that's right, they dont advertise Falcons!!!
What's an falcon?
3 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #9
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

whats not to like, burning rubber hot car and the stunt driver is easy on the eye too..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #10
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smirk on her face as its in a power slide - nice
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 12:17 PM   #11
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

That's a woman I could spend the rest of my life with

Imagine that ad here in Australia the complaints from left wing pussies would be mind boggling.
Old 13-02-2015, 12:56 PM   #12
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On Valentines Day she buys you the flowers and chocolates, while you buy her a gilmer belt drive. And while she's adjusting it in the drive-way, you'll be cooking her some eggs.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #13
minheim

Sure as hell beats a plate sale ad for impact
minheim is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 01:58 PM   #14
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS View Post
That's a woman I could spend the rest of my life with

Imagine that ad here in Australia the complaints from left wing pussies would be mind boggling.
I'm a left wing pussie and I'm not complaining. Best we keep political insults out of this thread hey?

Actually I will complain, I think her drifting is poor and donuts lacking finesse. Doesn't show the car to its best, probably why the odd editing.

JP

Last edited by jpblue1000; 13-02-2015 at 02:06 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #15
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj-apples View Post
1,200 built and all sold I believe, waste of time advertising a vehicle that's not available.

As much as I love the Falcon and will keep my FG XR8 (bought new) indefinitely if the new Mustang is stupidly priced. Ford AU need to and are moving on from the once mighty Falcon.

That ad is obviously aimed at female buyers as well as males so is very clever, I wonder if online marketing is governed by the pussies in power who ban this sort of stuff from our TV sets?
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #16
usernametaken
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meh, it's hardly a unique concept that hasn't been done before...

Just looks try hard in my opinion.
usernametaken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #17
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would have dropped to one knee and asked her to marry me there and then...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 04:56 PM   #18
AUwindsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements View Post
That's the beauty of viral advertising (if you can pull it off)... I've seen this video around Facebook and the likes (even shared by non car folk!), so it's getting around Australia despite the 1km/h-over-the-speed-limit-will-kill-everyone mob that would stop it going to air!
the "1km/h-over-the-speed-limit-will-kill-everyone mob" here, is the government. and their agendas go way beyond what most people comprehend.

we, Australia, are a different experiment to the US of A

they know exactly what they're doing here implementing confiscations on "performance" vehicles.....

the hoon legislation had ZERO to do with public outcry or 'do-gooder' lefties as some want to believe

It is a planned assault from the get go by government on the aussie car enthusiasts and the ENTIRE industry that isn't $19,990 **** boxes they build out of their peasant based corporations
AUwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #19
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUwindsor View Post
the "1km/h-over-the-speed-limit-will-kill-everyone mob" here, is the government. and their agendas go way beyond what most people comprehend.

they know exactly what they're doing here implementing confiscations on "performance" vehicles.....

the hoon legislation had ZERO to do with public outcry or 'do-gooder' lefties as some want to believe

It is a planned assault from the get go by government on the aussie car enthusiasts and the ENTIRE industry that isn't $19,990 **** boxes they build out of their peasant based corporations
I wouldn't say $19,990. Holden make a car here that's around that price.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #20
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Don’t think for one moment Australians are the only ones at the mercy of hard to understand Government reasoning, the Yanks can’t be tough and silly as well.

Laws from State to State can differ greatly and a good example is a learner’s permit can be obtained in some States at 14 years through to 16 years in others.

A full licence is available in many States from 16 years and 6 months through to 21 years in Maine.

When my kids were learning to drive and just obtaining their licences we had to be aware of the age restrictions because having a licence in one State doesn’t allow you to drive in another if their age limit is higher.

The same can be said for hash ‘hoon’ type laws.

Some States are more heavy handed than others. No leeway speeding fines are common in some part of the US.

Here’s a photo I took on Sunset Boulevard where a loud exhaust will get you into trouble. There was a cop with some type of camera mic thingy parked just a bit further on from this sign.

And they let people drive on the wrong side of the road.

Last edited by LoudPipes; 13-02-2015 at 06:32 PM.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 09:21 PM   #21
AUwindsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
Don’t think for one moment Australians are the only ones at the mercy of hard to understand Government reasoning, the Yanks can’t be tough and silly as well.

Laws from State to State can differ greatly and a good example is a learner’s permit can be obtained in some States at 14 years through to 16 years in others.

A full licence is available in many States from 16 years and 6 months through to 21 years in Maine.

When my kids were learning to drive and just obtaining their licences we had to be aware of the age restrictions because having a licence in one State doesn’t allow you to drive in another if their age limit is higher.

The same can be said for hash ‘hoon’ type laws.

Some States are more heavy handed than others. No leeway speeding fines are common in some part of the US.

Here’s a photo I took on Sunset Boulevard where a loud exhaust will get you into trouble. There was a cop with some type of camera mic thingy parked just a bit further on from this sign.

And they let people drive on the wrong side of the road.
there is no legislation of the kind we have here, in ANY state of the USA.

in cali they have confiscation for "Street Racing" between TWO (or more) vehicles.

NOT, I repeat, NOT confiscation for "excessive noise", "wheelspin" or "stereo too loud"

nice try though. enjoy your US of A freedoms remaining, while you still have it.....
Old 13-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #22
AUwindsor

I focus on the words "confiscation", and "permanent", after 2 or 3 strikes.

The vehicle "forfeited" to the CROWN.

Please show me proof of where there is any legislation of this kind, or even close to it, in the USA, other than California for "street racing" between 2 vehicles.. I'll be waiting to see it.....

and no, im not interested about hearing of speeding "fines". Rather about PERMANENT CONFISCATION OF VEHICLE by a police officer who is given the powers of judge, jury, on the matters of discerning if the driver "accelerating briskly", "excessive noise", "wheelspin", plus more....

SHOW ME
Old 13-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #23
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Please show me proof of where there is any legislation of this kind, or even close to it, in the USA, other than California for "street racing" between 2 vehicles.. I'll be waiting to see it.....

and no, im not interested about hearing of speeding "fines". rather, PERMANENT CONFISCATION OF VEHICLE
That's a rather harsh reply.

LoudPipes was simply posting a comment on what is is/was like in Seppoland, not trying to start WW3
Old 13-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #24
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

That is Ford taking a positive view of their product, as opposed to their finance or their price or their service program.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 11:38 PM   #25
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

and no, im not interested about hearing of speeding "fines". Rather about PERMANENT CONFISCATION OF VEHICLE by a police officer who is given the powers of judge, jury, on the matters of discerning if the driver "accelerating briskly", "excessive noise", "wheelspin", plus more....

SHOW ME
How about the civil forfeiture laws been used all over the USA for many things. Was that what your looking for?

JP
Old 14-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #26
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

'Why don't you let me drive and I'll show you what the car can do.' I guess he had to pull his foot out of his mouth at the end there.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #27
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

SHOW ME

I lived in Manhattan and Connecticut for most of my working life and will admit to you I know very little about the Australian confiscation laws and therefore should have kept my mouth shut.

Quote:

DWI and Reckless Driving Car Forfeiture by the NYPD IN New York City

By Don Murray, Esq.

One big issue in the criminal justice system in New York City is the Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) car forfeiture policy (expanded in the beginning of 2000 to include reckless driving).

Under this policy, the New York City Police Department will impound and seek to take (forfeit) the cars being driven by people accused of Driving While Intoxicated (or driving recklessly) in New York City. It is our understanding that the money obtained from police forfeiture of automobiles goes to the police pension fund.Therefore, when a police officer forfeits a car, it is something of an automatic retirement investment.

(Note - Mr. Murray represented one of the very first people caught in New York City's efforts to take people's cars for allegations of reckless driving. Part of his successful defense of the client in the criminal case involved a suggestion to the jury that the police department had an interest in the outcome of criminal cases based on the civil forfeiture action.)

If you are arrested (not convicted, but simply arrested) for Driving While Intoxicated or Reckless Driving, the New York City Police Department may try to take the car you are driving from you FOREVER.

The bad news for those at risk is that the taking of the car is a completely separate proceeding from the criminal case. In other words, in theory, you could be accused of DWI or reckless driving,go to trial, win the criminal case, and still lose your car forever. That's because the rules about taking people's property in situations like this are not the rules that apply in criminal cases. You are not entitled to the same "due process" when "only" money or property is at stake. Only when your freedom is at stake are you entitled to significant standards of due process.

Because "only" property is stake, the bottom line practical reality is that the City can do just about whatever it likes. In the past the City only selectively used the unbelievable power it has to take property in this way.

In many cases, the City policy makers know that the expense of fighting the taking of the car (including attorney's fees, towing fees, and impound fees) makes it economically foolish to fight for the car. That means that it is foolish to fight to get the car back regardless of whether or not the person committed the crime of Driving While Intoxicated. Because the City impounds the cars simply based on the arrest, even a completely innocent person is forced to decide whether or not it makes economic sense to fight to get the car back.

For example, a modest car worth a few thousand dollars may not be worth the money required to hire an attorney to fight the case, and pay the impound and towing fees. Guilt or innocence doesn't add or subtract anything from the simple math required to decide whether or not the fight is worth it.

Many people, unable or unwilling to spend the money to fight these cases simply abandon their cars to the City.

With respect to driving while intoxicated cases, the police department is usually willing to return a car to a defendant as long as the defendant is screened by therapist and agrees to take certain Department of Motor Vehicle Classes related to drinking and driving. Those who are repeat offenders, however, may find themselves in a fight with the police department over their cars.

http://www.queensdefense.com/dwi-car-forfeiture-nyc/

Confiscation and sale of vehicles for traffic offenses does occur in other States but I have to mow the lawn and haven’t the time sit here and cut and paste.

Add to that as jpblue1000 has pointed out, the Civil Forfeiture Laws (Asset Forfeiture Program) in the US is a big thing and you’ll find vehicle confiscation is rife even if it doesn’t necessarily exactly emulate what happens here.

My original comment was simply, Australia doesn’t have a monopoly on silly laws, no need to burst a vein over it, it was just a comment.

Last edited by LoudPipes; 14-02-2015 at 10:09 AM.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #28
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No comments about the girl please!! (tongue in cheek!!), otherwise this thread will go the way of the Ford ("that's true") girl.
Old 15-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #29
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the Kuga the same on fuel as the Rav4?? I can see the Kuga being quicker with the way it produces torque but I wonder if its better fuel economy wise
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #30
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
Is the Kuga the same on fuel as the Rav4?? I can see the Kuga being quicker with the way it produces torque but I wonder if its better fuel economy wise
Um...yeah...ok.