Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Peugeot tech

TBH just took delivery of her 308 hatch.
It's a 3 cylinder all aluminium siamised wet sleeve 1.2 GDIT.
What amazed me is not so much the 96kw as the fact that the max torque of 230nm arrives at a diesel like 1750rpm! (95% fm 1500)
Urban-6.4
Combined-5.1
Extra urban 4.3
95RON
Aisin (Toyota) SA 6. Gearbox
Hit 'resume' and the box changes up at 2100!
With cheaper and cleaner fuel no wonder they're going predominantly petrol.
The 'sports' version will be a 1.6GDIT.

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Peugeot tech

Those figures are outstanding!

I just traded my 07 Punto diesel, 1.2L but only 66 KW and 200 NM.. and I thought that was adequate for what it was. Official consumption figures are below your 1.2 however.

After owning several newer cars, both petrol and diesel I do find that the diesel consumption numbers are MUCH easier to achieve. With careful driving I have always been able to match or better the consumption figures in my diesel cars but with petrol the best I can get is around 10% above factory figures.

Will be curious what real life consumption you actually achieve.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
elfutura

Glad you're impressed!. The new 308 has been getting positive reviews since its launch. The 1.2 turbo triple is by all accounts a ripper engine.

Wheels mag has included it in the COTY list and all who drove it were impressed (although some didn't like the steering wheel-to-instruments repositioning).

PSA, owners of Peugeot/Citroen also won the 2015 German GTU independent used car survey for cars 1 to 3 years old although I'm not sure how you win an award for a year which we are only 3 week in to!
elfutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
Deo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
Hit 'resume' and the box changes up at 2100!.

??

Sent from my GTi-9305 using Tapatalk 2
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2015, 02:14 PM   #5
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Peugeot have always had their stuff together when it comes to small engines and especially diesels.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To answer some ?s
Hit 'resume' leaving the town limits it's responds as if it's a diesel by using torque instead or revs to get back up to speed as in not going above 2100rpm before changing up to the next gear and dropping to ~ 1800rpm.
Don't tell anyone but we just did a ~230km round trip to Echuca (pretty flat countryside) on v quiet back roads at 85 on cc (no other traffic was harmed in the making of thi.......:-))
And after 320km the range remaining (DTE) show 800km
It's a 53L tank so we shall be expecting >1000km/tank. (Wahring roadhouse 95RON 114.9L....14c less than diesel)
On the flat it showed ~ 4.2L/100km and on the hills that do exist it never dropped back a gear. (The Jazz drove us mad with its inability to stay in top ....hunting constantly)
In every respect a diesel like character but with much cleaner emissions (no DPF) and smoother/quieter.
Peugeot went all diesel and now they're phasing them out due European city emissions)
On another thread it'll be then end of LPG the way things are going.

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: