Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-09-2014, 12:53 AM   #1
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Default Ford stops GT Falcon sales over engine problem

WTF?

Have new and future owners been advised?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1227060643768

This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 01:13 AM   #2
Blueford260

Default Re: Ford stops GT Falcon sales over engine problem

The word moutian and molehill come to mind
Old 17-09-2014, 01:32 AM   #3
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueford260 View Post
No and no. This is a collectors car and these people paid top dollar for their new and under warranty GT. They are entitled to expect and get the best customer service.

If there is one thing to learn, its that Ford Australia have learn't nothing from declining Falcon sales over the years and customer dissatisfaction with how they deal with problems.

This should have been a proper full recall of the car and letters to all affected customers sent and customers chased up ASAP.

Fault Holden all you like, if this was a GTS problem, that's how it would be dealt with and the majority of customers would be happy they did.
Old 17-09-2014, 01:58 AM   #4
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8 View Post
No and no. This is a collectors car and these people paid top dollar for their new and under warranty GT. They are entitled to expect and get the best customer service.

If there is one thing to learn, its that Ford Australia have learn't nothing from declining Falcon sales over the years and customer dissatisfaction with how they deal with problems.

This should have been a proper full recall of the car and letters to all affected customers sent and customers chased up ASAP.

Fault Holden all you like, if this was a GTS problem, that's how it would be dealt with and the majority of customers would be happy they did.
If you owned one, or knew someone that owned one, you wouldn't have typed any of that dribble.
Old 17-09-2014, 02:01 AM   #5
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueford260 View Post
It's nothing more than dowel face stirring the pot yet again.
Old 17-09-2014, 02:37 AM   #6
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't worry guys. This merely means the remaining 175 GT-F's will be updated to an "extremely rare" GT-F 2.0 Final Final and will be worth over $200, 000. Buyers of the other 325 will not be affected.

"What's rarer than the last GT that came out new/final from factory and didn't have to go back again"
Old 17-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #7
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dunno what the issue is.

Recall is a recall and Ford have as per article, contacted the owners directly.

I just hope a loan car is on offer to owners due to the probability of the cars being repaired will need some time off the road as doesnt look like a quick fix
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
Old 17-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #8
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-RPD View Post
WTF?

Have new and future owners been advised?

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1227060643768
Yes they have.

The issue is a grommet in the bell housing that's had a lubricant applied when it shouldn't have, that can allow it to fall out. It's a 2 min fix. And if the grommet comes out you will hear a noise. No danger at all.

Owners have been advised. Cars have been checked and if your one of the collectors who have the unregistered zero km cars Ford have been sending flat bed trucks or a mechanic. So you don't have to put extra kms on your pride and joy.

As per normal with Joshua Dowlings articles this has a very negative spin and does not represent what's happening. As with all JD articles he also manages to slip in a reminder that the plant is closing in two years.

He's a flog.
Old 17-09-2014, 07:22 AM   #9
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been notified by my dealer and mine isn't even made yet. Lot of rubbish being spouted here by people who don't own one.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
Old 17-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Good to see Ford being proactive with the GTF owners.

And I would hardly define it a recall when there is only 500 of the vehicles in existance, the general public does not need to know this as it does not affect them.

Typical Dowling dribble crap.
Old 17-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Production hasn't been stopped, its just after they found the lubricant was being used, they stopped using it, so not even a minute stop on the production line
Joshua is just an attention seeking little grub that wont let facts stop a good story (in his mind)
If one of my employees were so inept, I would kick his **** out the door
and if he is freelance, I wouldn't buy one story of him
Old 17-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #12
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

I'm sure the author relished in writing every single word of that.

I wish there was an 'ignore' button for the whole internet, not just this forum. He'd be at the top of my ignore list if there was.
Old 17-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #13
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Seriously, I don’t understand what your problem is?? There is a problem with the car & Ford is contacting owners directly & getting the issue sorted ASAP. How anyone could see that as anything other then "Fantastic customer service" is just beyond me!!
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 09:54 AM   #14
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Seriously, I don’t understand what your problem is?? There is a problem with the car & Ford is contacting owners directly & getting the issue sorted ASAP. How anyone could see that as anything other then "Fantastic customer service" is just beyond me!!
Exactally, and they are doing it personally, not just be a recall letter
Better service you could not find
Old 17-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dowling LOL
Old 17-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #16
FPVS3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
It's nothing more than dowel face stirring the pot yet again.
Excuse ignorance, who is this Dowling dude?
2011 FG GTP 335 S/C. Auto, tiptronic. iPV ceramic headers, stainless hi flow cats and big bore, BMC filter, X3 tune, DBA T3 rotors, Roadhouse Performance pads. From Herrod; 100lb injectors, hi flow pump, Aeroflow fuel regulator, air to water intercooler, hi boost pulley kit, JLT breather. Hub dynoed at 598fwkw, 498rwkw, 959Nm torque, boost 10.62psi at 3750rpm (warm day). All done by iPV!
Other rides; '21 Jaguar F-Pace, '21 Ford Ranger FX4-MAX.
Old 17-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #17
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
I've been notified by my dealer and mine isn't even made yet. Lot of rubbish being spouted here by people who don't own one.
So your saying people that dont own one cant have an opinion?
Do you think you are special or something?
Old 17-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVS3 View Post
Excuse ignorance, who is this Dowling dude?
A motoring journo who appears to enjoy delivering bad news about local manufacturers - in particular Ford. He also generally makes said stories more sensational than they need to be, even for a journo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
If he/she owns a GT-F he/she kind of is. And at least the information here is directly relevant to a vehicle he/she owns.
5 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #19
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:

It takes a real man to admit when he is wrong......

So let’s see how much of a man you really are !!!!!!
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #20
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
So your saying people that dont own one cant have an opinion?
It is ok to have an opinion.... it is the sprouting of rubbish that is unjust when they don’t know the fact’s.

And really at the end of the day it doesn’t concern anyone else but the owner’s of the vehicles.

There is a very slight issue (which really is not an issue at all, one could fix it at home if they wanted to) and Ford are doing what is called for, what is the concern ?, there isn’t one.
3 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #21
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No stinky I'm saying if you don't own one you can't know what action ford has taken.

They aren't really going to notify people who don't own one are they?

Current Rides
6 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #22
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

I vote for this thread to be closed
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
4 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #23
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Why is it all the Non owners are getting their knickers in a knot?!

Ford Customer service has been second to none in this regard! Bloody fantastic for a mass producer of cars! The way they have handled this issue is more in line with exotic car manufacturers.

Coming to customers who arent driving them is fantastic from Ford!
5 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #24
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Ford customer service leaves alot to be desired,the way they handled this issue is a one off last ditch effort,what about over the last 10 years when they couldnt care less what customers think.
I think one eyed ford people can see through the miles of poo and disrespect ford have shown to its customers over the years and see one shining little torchlight and they cling to it with dear life!
Old 17-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #25
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Ford customer service leaves alot to be desired,the way they handled this issue is a one off last ditch effort,what about over the last 10 years when they couldnt care less what customers think.
I think one eyed ford people can see through the miles of poo and disrespect ford have shown to its customers over the years and see one shining little torchlight and they cling to it with dear life!
Bah! I've had nothing but GREAT customer service over the last 11 years starting with my BA XR8, my G6E's and now my GTF. They have always come to the party with warranty claims and I've always been given a courtesy car if the issue takes additional time. Always kept up to date on the progress of issues, fitting me in on short notice and making my car priority if its a warranty claim! Fantastic from Ford! They even warranted things I didnt even think they would and even when warranty ran out, they still did work on the car as it happened straight after the end of warranty.

I'll admit I never owned a terri with the ball joint issue but I have no reason to think otherwise that I'd have been given the same level of service that I've been given for my other cars!

I've learnt that dealerships employ people. If you want in with a sense of entitlement, you might be disappointed. You treat people like people, they will go the extra mile for you.

And calling it a last ditched effort is a little silly. They are closing Falcon production and not leaving Australia. I guess haters will always hate.
8 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #26
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Theres a good reason the falcon isnt being made anymore...
Its not because ford are as awesome as you think,you may have had a good run but alot of others havent...
Not treating people like people is the exact reason the falcon isnt being made anymore,ford treated customers as cash machines and paid the toll!
Old 17-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #27
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Give it a rest all please. Enough of the Ford bashing, we have Dowling for that. Step back and look at this objectively. It's a minor issue, and it's being handled appropriately. End of story. If I was a owner I'd be content. Odd it has happened specifically to the GTF? It isn't like they're different to previous Miami equipped cars as far as the grommets concerned?

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 17-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #28
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Give it a rest all please. Enough of the Ford bashing, we have Dowling for that. Step back and look at this objectively. It's a minor issue, and it's being handled appropriately. End of story. If I was a owner I'd be content. Odd it has happened specifically to the GTF? It isn't like they're different to previous Miami equipped cars as far as the grommets concerned?
Im only bringing issues to light others are scared to,its not bashing at all,is what im saying untrue?
Old 17-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #29
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Theres a good reason the falcon isnt being made anymore...
Its not because ford are as awesome as you think,you may have had a good run but alot of others havent...
Not treating people like people is the exact reason the falcon isnt being made anymore,ford treated customers as cash machines and paid the toll!
Not sure if you've owned a Euro but I had the displeasure of owning an Audi TT and a Peugeot 206cc. Bought them for my sister but I maintained them. You have no idea what being treated like a cash machine is until you own one of them.

The TT had just run out of warranty and had the speedo die which was recalled in Euro and USA, but in Australia, it was $4500 to repair! They did me a special for, wait for it, $3000. The indicator clicking noise one day started sounding for no apparent reason. Took it to Audi. They said it was a faulty Hazard switch. Replaced it for $500. On the drive home, same noise. Its the stalk now and another $250. I asked why not refund me on the hazard switch, "but we have already installed that on your car". I sold the car the next day. Rubbish.

The Pug was the same. 2 weeks into ownership, the roof starts to rattle. Dealers says, its normal. A friend who had the same car never heard a single sound from her car but our car rattled till the day I sold it! Pure rubbish! And the rear rotors need to be changed every 20,000kms as per log book! What a joke!

Funny, they arent going out of business in Australia though... Their customer service was TERRIBLE! All while charging me over $800 a service on the TT and $500 for the Pug.

Quote:
Im only bringing issues to light others are scared to,its not bashing at all,is what im saying untrue?
Yes! Take your hate somewhere else. Ford havent done anything wrong by me!
4 users like this post:
Old 17-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #30
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the owners are content pepe just seems to be the others that are outraged they weren't notified.

Current Rides
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread