Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default 2015 Lincoln MKC

Quote:
The Lincoln MKZ is a Ford Fusion in a totally new suit. The Lincoln MKC (the C is for Crossover!) is a Ford Escape with an incredibly well tailored body and a brand new 275 horsepower 2.3 liter EcoBoost engine. But will it drive like a car that can attract a premium price?

Meant as a competitor to wee little crossovers like the Audi Q5, Mercedes GLK, and others, the MKC is the second vehicle in the plan to save Lincoln. Small luxury crossovers are a hot segment, so good on Lincoln for making sure they have something to offer. And it has to be said, the MKC is a very attractive little crossover.

I think the MKZ was kind of hard to swallow because the Fusion is such a gorgeous car in its own right that it's hard to improve its design. The Escape, while not ugly, is a bit more average than the Fusion. The MKC's application of Lincoln's split wing grille and the especially the rear end treatment, it's a tight little number.

Looks good to me.

Inside we have a very MKZ-esque interior, which means a big screen for MyLincolnFordTouch, push button gearshift, slightly more premium materials, and some carryover bits. They don't have a floating center console like the MKZ does and hopefully some of the plastics are a bit softer this time.P

Under the hood, Lincoln will debut the new EcoBoost 2.3 liter four cylinder, which was 275 horsepower and 300 pound feet of torque. Standard power comes from the 2.0 EcoBoost that makes 240 horsepower and is already in the Escape.

The MKZ is also attractive, so it'll be interesting to see how the MKC drives. The issue I had with the MKZ was that it drove basically the same as the Fusion, which is to say it was nice, but it didn't feel like an expensive luxury product. Jim Farley, the champion of Lincoln's comback plan, says that the MKC will "change the way people think about Lincoln."

Hopefully it does, because that sounds a hell of a lot like what people said when the MKZ came out.
http://jalopnik.com/2015-lincoln-mkc...-it-1463564197
Front isn't what I would call attractive but the rest of the package is reasonably nice.

Old 14-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2015 Lincoln MKC

Fusion is Mondeo..so, this could come here as SUV between Kuga and Edge ??
Old 14-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Isn't it already a re-hashed Kuga/Escape?

I have to say it's the only Lincoln I like the look of. All the others look pox mostly because of the grille, but it looks pretty good on this thing.

It will be interesting to see how the 2.3 goes in the Mustang and the Focus RS.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a sit in a kuga titanium a couple of weeks ago , and just for comparison, it was pretty nice job on the interior,although i took off a point , because the bolstered seats seemed a little snug for my wide girth,
but i think i actually like the kugas interior a tad better by the photos, though it might be different in the flesh,
looks are a subjective thing anyway and i'm not really a fan of the lincoln grille ........ but i own an Au what do i know .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Isn't it already a re-hashed Kuga/Escape?

I have to say it's the only Lincoln I like the look of. All the others look pox mostly because of the grille, but it looks pretty good on this thing.

It will be interesting to see how the 2.3 goes in the Mustang and the Focus RS.
I think it needs more body height to look in proportion. On the MKC it looks normal. When it first debuted it was like a melted wax face
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The only nice looking Lincoln, the stupid grille kinda fits in on this thing for some reason.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love the push button transmission.
Only taken 50 years to revive it
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
69XWGT

They're going to stop building the Terry and build this dog ugly thing.

Ford NA really have lost the plot
69XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I dont mind it, its a flashy kuga yeah? Its just to small...they hve a grown up version?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #10
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69XWGT View Post
They're going to stop building the Terry and build this dog ugly thing.

Ford NA really have lost the plot
How do you figure that? Between the USA, Canada and China this thing will sell more units in a week than a Terry does in a month. Not to mention the fact the it's based on a platform that underpins and is amortised across how many vehicles, as opposed to an orphan platform that was really just like grandpa's old axe.

If losing the plot = a profitable Ford Motor Co, set the loonies free I say.

For the record, it looks a bit like the q5 IMO (rear quarter window, d pillar, clamshell tailgate), but that's a whole lot better than looking like a Kuga when Lincoln are trying to separate themselves as much as possible from their Ford donor cars.

I think they've done a decent job on this one.
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
69XWGT

So the rest of the world has to swallow the One Ford policy but the septics can have dogshit ugly Lincolns
69XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
So the rest of the world has to swallow the One Ford policy but the septics can have dogshit ugly Lincolns
One Ford applies to everyone but the USA
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Thats a laugh, the US has probably seen more change as a result of One Ford than any of their other markets.

They brought over the Fiesta to have a proper small car to sell.
They dropped the ancient Mk1 based Focus to bring online the global Focus with roots still in the Euro Mk2
The CD3 based Fusion was dropped in favour of the global Fusion/Mondeo with roots still in the Euro EUCD platform
D4 Taurus will make way for the CD4 based Taurus, see above
E series van is being phased out in favour of the global Transit
Escape was replaced with the global Escape/Kuga, with roots still in the previous Euro Kuga
Edge will be replaced with a global model shared with the Galaxy on CD4

Oh but the global Ranger didnt go on sale to protect F series and Ford wont develop anything RWD other than the Mustang.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
If you haven't noticed, Ford US have lost some models, and those that are still going have move to shared platforms. (except the mustang).

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
One Ford applies to everyone but the USA
USA has chnged more under One Ford than anywhere else. Except for F trucks and Mustang,
everything else is going to one Ford global platforms.

Fiesta, Focus, Fusion Escape, C-Max, Transit Connect - all originate from Ford Europe
Taurus/Explorer Flex all based on either Mazda or Volvo platforms
E-Series van is about to be replaced by transit - another European based design

American could be mistaken for thinking tht Ford USA had been reloaced by Ford Europe
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #16
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

That thing looks great IMO.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I quite like it too, something a bit different in the SUV stakes.
Old 16-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #18
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

I think it would do quite well here too...the Lexus RX range seems to do alright.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #19
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
I think it would do quite well here too...the Lexus RX range seems to do alright.
This is a size down on Lexus RX, it's Kuga based but widened by about 25mm.

In the USA, Lincoln MKX (Edge based) and Cadillac SRX ( LWB captiva) both compete with the Lexus RX
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

First impressions are ...not bad. I just wish it retained the Concept MKC's smaller headlights and smoother/rounded rear quarter windows.

Interior seems pleasant enough, although on first impressions there could be room for improvement.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post