Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
btf-ford
Starter Motor

Default Sagging roof headlining

hi. the roof lining on my ford Festive has began to sag.

The lining design is suspended and not a fabric glued to the roof. Held up by a wire rod.

I am not sure if a clip has come loose or what ever. Any information on how the roof lining is held up and any tips in having it repaired.

I have tried doing a search but without luck. It seems as if the support rod has popped out or a gust of wind got under the liner and popped it.

I have tied to search information on how the liner is held up and any installation tips but without success,

Thanks in advance

Last edited by btf-ford; 15-11-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: More information
btf-ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: Sagging roof headlining

Model? Year? Festiva or Fiesta?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Hi, not sure what year model you have but I came across this which I thought might be useful for you, http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../message/14071 if you're confident tackling the job yourself then hopefully it might get you out of trouble, if not I would suggest trying a motor vehicle upholsterer / trimmer and getting a quote from them to repair it for you
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69 View Post
Model? Year? Festiva or Fiesta?
He does say Festiva (Festive actually )
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
He does say Festiva (Festive actually )
Yes, wasn't sure what a Festive was.... It is almost Xmas tho
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
btf-ford
Starter Motor

Yes it is a 1997 ford festiva (sorry typo before) i looked at the link provided a above, thanks.

It was not that clear. I m wondering if he plastic clips that hold one roof lining wire has come out. I am it sure as I wold have o remove he whole liner to look at it. I was oping someone it give me a heads up description as to how he liner is connected and what to look for. I can get at the wire and the clips by removing the door seal that holds the liner in place but I am to sure what I am looking for. I can only partially access the clips and the wire but not sure were and how they connect to the car. I can try and look at one next time I am at the wreckers.

Is there any diagrams or phosphor showing how the lining is connected? Thanks again

Last edited by btf-ford; 16-11-2012 at 08:06 PM.
btf-ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post