Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Lightbulb Early July VFACTS article

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226440473179

"The official total is likely to be around 945 cars, only slightly better than the dismal 931 in January, although confirmation will not come until Friday with the monthly new-car sales results from VFacts."

Despite the down-beat tone of the article, its all relative these days. I have no doubt the Falcon outsold the Maxima, Liberty, Aurion and Mazda6.

turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Falcman0o7
Banned

Default Re: Early July VFACTS article

But will the falcon out sell skoda?
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The numbers in that article cant be right. There was no tsunami or meteorite or european supply issues or thai floods or earthquake etc etc etc in the month of July to restrict Falcon supplies.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226440473179 I have no doubt the Falcon outsold the Maxima, Liberty, Aurion and Mazda6.
Two of the four cars you list aren't in the same class. Liberty and Mazda 6 are medium size, might as well add Mondeo if you are going to add them.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Bossxr8
Peter Car

To be expected, there were 7 down days last month, plus a PDO.

But in saying that they didn't exactly have much in the way of orders for Falcon.

Post EOFY comedown.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
BroadyFord

And the sad part is is that this won't be the lowest number we'll see for Falcon this year :(

How the hell can they continue like this until the 2014 upgrade?

Last edited by BroadyFord; 01-08-2012 at 05:46 PM.
BroadyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

i have travelled past Coffey Ford in Dandenong by train every day for the past ten or so years and I have never seen them with so few car in stock.
They used to ave dozens of Flcons out back with Fcus's and Festa's etc but now there are NO falcons and maybe a handful of the others. WTF is going on you can't sell what you haven't got. I find this unbelieveable that a Ford dealer the size of Coffey having no stock to sell to the propestive buyer.

I have my new FG xr6 on order and hope to pick it up mid August but unfortunatley can not see a future in Ford manufactoring in Australia when the dealers won't even stock the product they are meant to be selling.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
i have travelled past Coffey Ford in Dandenong by train every day for the past ten or so years and I have never seen them with so few car in stock.
They used to ave dozens of Flcons out back with Fcus's and Festa's etc but now there are NO falcons and maybe a handful of the others. WTF is going on you can't sell what you haven't got. I find this unbelieveable that a Ford dealer the size of Coffey having no stock to sell to the propestive buyer.

I have my new FG xr6 on order and hope to pick it up mid August but unfortunatley can not see a future in Ford manufactoring in Australia when the dealers won't even stock the product they are meant to be selling.
Ford appear to be deliberatly with holding stock of locally made vehicles, might be one of Grazianos tricks to bring on the demise.

Try buying anything with an LPi engine in it.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If thats the case wouldnt the dealers be screaming from the rooftops?
Whats the point of owning a dealership if your car supplier holds back supply?
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
1TUFFUTE
Banned

yeah as soon as we start talking about this sort of thing i really drop my head. Surely it cant be so bad as to resolve to these sorts of tactics...if indeed they are...sad times
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:

its the same at the dealer I deal with. last time I was there there wasnt a falcon in site other than a couple of FPV's.
AU III XR8 red ute
anto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm blown away by how many clowns bought a Colorado. Close to the bottom of the class IMO. They must be giving them away.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Re Colorado.
Proves advertising works!

Doesnt mean to see it is the best or 2nd or 3rd best ute (in performance and ability)just shows advertising works.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
I'm blown away by how many clowns bought a Colorado. Close to the bottom of the class IMO. They must be giving them away.

Holden said a few months back they had quite a few thousand back orders. They are probably just clearing the backlog after getting a decent supply for the month.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #15
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
If thats the case wouldnt the dealers be screaming from the rooftops?
Whats the point of owning a dealership if your car supplier holds back supply?
They are. My local dealership constantly complains to our Union rep every time he goes in there. They want to know what the hell is going on with supplies cause they can't get the stuff they want, like LPi powered cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith
Just proves Holden can stick a badge on a **** and it will still sell.

Recent road test I read called it a generation behind the Ranger and Amarok. But that shiny lion on the front just sucks the mindless sheep in in droves. Probably because they are stupid enough to think its aussie made.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Because they advertise it, and the salesmen push it.

How many stories have we read about half-heart Ford salesmen that either dont know the product or dont seem to care?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
They are. My local dealership constantly complains to our Union rep every time he goes in there. They want to know what the hell is going on with supplies cause they can't get the stuff they want, like LPi powered cars.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last profit Ford oz reported indicated something like a $280 million loss, but something like $80 million if you took out abnormals. If imports made a profit for them, then theres a good chance that the $80 million loss was made from local manufacturing losing $160 million and imports making $80 million (just guess work). If that was anything like the case, then they might deliberately limit supply of loss making cars (and the Falcon might be the one), to limp home until they stop local manufacturing. Remember, under some of the government grant requirements, 30,000 cars a year is the magical mark to meet to get the assistance. 18000 (maybe profit making) Territorys and use the Falcon to make up the numbers (but just enough to get over the mark).
Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
Archilino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Jefferson Ford in Mentone went one step further and gave half their floorspace to Hyundai, sign of the times sadly.
Archilino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

I hate this time of the month; and it's not because of my wife either.

These numbers are surely depressing. I just hope Ford continues manufacturing in this country.

Let's stay positive though, even if it's not the Falcon, is it out of the question that Broadmeadows would manufacture a global car? Just thinking of the workers really.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #20
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drove past my local Ford Dealer tonight and the yard is full of Toorak Tractors
(4WD's) and Utes (no Aussie made ones) so it seems even secondhand falcons are not wanted there.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #21
robbo/region15

On a positive note,last night @ my station there was a Terri ,all decked out in CFA Stripes,Strobes,etc.It looked awesome!!!Apart from the Mondeos[wagons] in use in our region,they have got at least 5 Terri's recently,way to go State Gov; every lil bit helps!!
robbo/region15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Funny now you guys mention it, I dont think I have ever seen a Ranger add. Ford are known for their good trucks..WTF
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Funny now you guys mention it, I dont think I have ever seen a Ranger add. Ford are known for their good trucks..WTF
Only the past month have I taken an interest in the Ranger. I also dont recall seeing any ads for it. Weird.

Holden, Maccas, Coke - these all prove that QUANTITY of advertising counts!
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #24
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
But will the falcon out sell skoda?
Skoda moved into the top 20 brands last year and has knocked off the French and Volvo so anything's possible! More significant is what is the figure for Mondeo? That's what will replace the Falcon when Ford decides the critical mass has been reached.
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #25
RASER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226440473179

"The official total is likely to be around 945 cars, only slightly better than the dismal 931 in January, although confirmation will not come until Friday with the monthly new-car sales results from VFacts."

Despite the down-beat tone of the article, its all relative these days. I have no doubt the Falcon outsold the Maxima, Liberty, Aurion and Mazda6.
Yeah, the EcoBoost is going to save us......not

Oh for fitting the 2.2/4 diesel into the Falcon and Ute models, they bet the farm on EB and lost

Is it selling less than the 380 Mitsu when it was on its last legs?

The Falcon Car Company, is to become the Territory Car Company....for now!

Graziano "YES, ON MY WATCH" what a failure to take to your grave [mind u not his doing, u are doing fine Bob, all things considered]
RASER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #26
RASER
Banned

Smile Re: Early July VFACTS article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Ford are known for their good trucks..WTF
+1

Yeah!!, esp the F150 that RETAILS for $23k in USA, std. 300HP donk!

BRING IT ON!!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #27
RASER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archilino
Jefferson Ford in Mentone went one step further and gave half their floorspace to Hyundai, sign of the times sadly.
And why not, even though i HATE Korean cars [Japanese hand me downs] the punters want to buy them, so be mad not too focus[sic] on them
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASER
And why not, even though i HATE Korean cars [Japanese hand me downs] the punters want to buy them, so be mad not too focus[sic] on them
You might "hate" them, the average punter sees value for money and buys them. Same with all cars in that segment. And funnily enough, most are used as family cars now, so the era of the large car is passed.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #29
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
Two of the four cars you list aren't in the same class. Liberty and Mazda 6 are medium size, might as well add Mondeo if you are going to add them.
honestly the last time i was up close to a mazda 6 it looked like a large car. Car sizes are all screwed up.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #30
stevz
Banned

Quote:

Recent road test I read called it a generation behind the Ranger and Amarok. But that shiny lion on the front just sucks the mindless sheep in in droves. Probably because they are stupid enough to think its aussie made.
So you completely write off a vehicle which you have never even driven and probably never even sat in as being rubbish, based solely on a journalist's opinion? Funny how you take journo's articles as the be all and end all when the verdict is in your favour, but when they write something you disagree with they are the scum of the earth. Hypocrisy at its finest.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post