Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
provked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default would you blike buy a car on the wovr? ( written off vehicle register)

the reason i ask is i have a 2010 territory i built up for my wife, a TX AWD 6 speed with 15,000 kms, and i was planning on it to be car for ever, or untill its worth nothing anyway, only prob i been offered a 2011 titanium diesel as a repairabe wright off, for a way too good price to pass up. now the tricky bit of selling my one with is on the registrer, of course i would sell for a couple of g under the going rate.

if someone was to show you detailed photos and a full diary of repairs would you buy? by the way is was ex government, and had l/f suspension and drive shaft damage, needed a new guard and l/h door and a small/med repair to l/h front pillar. nothing major really.
Thanks, just dont know if i should wqaste my time and money trying to sell it, just a new titaniam would look good in my shed!!

EL XR8 daily

67 XR fairmont, the toy!!
provked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
nstg8a

Default Re: would you blike buy a car on the wovr? ( written off vehicle register)

personally, i would, especially if i can see photos of the damage and repair.

but...

the discount would have to be significantly more than 'a couple of g under the going rate'.

being on the wovr is a label for ever, it will always be more difficult to onsell.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: would you blike buy a car on the wovr? ( written off vehicle register)

Yes...

Depending on damage, price, cost to repair.

Seen a AU XR6 ST get wriiten off for no more then a smashed sunroof...

wish i had the cash...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
provked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was thinking 24g considering the kms being so low and most others are 27g plus and also 50to 60,000kms.

EL XR8 daily

Old 28-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
provked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i should say the tewrritory i wsh to sell have been repaired,for 6 months now and has been driven daily so it is fully repaired im just wondering how hard it will be to on sell now,

EL XR8 daily

Old 29-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Professional repair, or a backyard repair would make a world of difference.
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
Kryton

Being on the WOVR will remove about 90% of potential buyers.
3k less than an undamaged vehicle isnt going to cut it either.
Id rather pay the 3k extra and buy something that hasnt been damaged and god knows what to have been fixed.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #8
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

If it was a 2011 Titanium diesel that has been written off, obviously it was a big hit. I wouldn't touch it with a 12 foot pole but that is just me.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #9
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would consider it if cheap enough because its a Territory. If it were a 370z or something less "practical" then definately not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by provked
i was thinking 24g considering the kms being so low and most others are 27g plus and also 50to 60,000kms.
Would need to be cheaper for me, sorry
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

If you were to purchase the territory and keep it for many years, I doubt being a repaired write off
would bother you but if you like to keep your vehicles updated, stay away from it, you'll find it hard to sell..
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
If it was a 2011 Titanium diesel that has been written off, obviously it was a big hit. I wouldn't touch it with a 12 foot pole but that is just me.
Not really its just an economic desigion by the insurance company

I would look at it on a case by case basis,

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You would have to sell the 2010 Terri for around 10k less than market value. Even with low ks, it still is damaged goods.

Remember a 2010 Terri would still come with warranty, yours being a write off will not.

You are better off keeping the 2010 Terri.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Remember those on this forum are a bit more pedantic than the general market. I don't think you'd have too much trouble selling, just test the market.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

living down south and knowing how Vic roads works , i don`t think i`d bother unless there was no structural damage, you hear horror stories of professional beaters putting cars back together and them getting knocked back for the most minimal of structural flaws, not worth the headaches imo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you also need to consider how a potential buyer is going to insure their 'new' car that is listed on the WOVR. Is it insurable at all? For what amount? Premium cost? Sounds like a lot of hassle to me.
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax
Remember those on this forum are a bit more pedantic than the general market. I don't think you'd have too much trouble selling, just test the market.
A very good point. We are far from an unbiased sample
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
provked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks all for the imput, just to clarify i repaired this car personally for my wife, i have approx 15 years in the trade and not one corner was cut, it passed the VIV inspection with no problems at all, and at one of the stricter places too,

as for the 2011 titanium, its not a simple insurance wright off, it is/was owned by a company which have a much lesser value to them than say an insurance company would, so it have been written off because of the lesser value, in my opinion i could repair this car in under a day,

my biggest concern is trying to sell my 2010 tx now, is it worth spending 150 bucks to sell it and get nothing i guess there is only one way to find out.

as for insurance premiums and value my 2010 is full comp insured for 38,500 and the premium is less than than old BA wagon.

guess the next biggest thing do is advertise, as being on the wovr and disclose everythin( whitc i would prefer) or just let them work it out them selves,

thanks for the input guys keep an eye out it will prob be for sale soon, cos i really like the idea of the new territory in my driveway!!

EL XR8 daily

Old 29-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by provked

guess the next biggest thing do is advertise, as being on the wovr and disclose everythin( whitc i would prefer) or just let them work it out them selves,
you have no choice about disclosure, by law you must tell potential buyers that it is a repaired write off.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #19
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, in Victoria it is law to disclose the WOVR to potential buyers. I have found many a cheap car in Northern suburbs only to do a check and find it's on WOVR.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post