Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Good Ford experience!

Posting this after having an issue with my FG and going for a drive with the road tester he pin pointed that my ZF was gone straight away (faulty heat exchanger). Within about 5 mins of being back at the dealership warranty had been called and new ZF and other parts ordered on the spot despite my car now being obviously lowered, tuned, i/c pipes etc. There was a free loan car set up for me on the spot for troubles. Then they rang me up a day later to let me know they want to replace my diff bushes under warranty too! They stayed in contact with me through the past week and picked her up today with no issues. I've worked in car dealerships and have avoided going to Ford at all costs and never expected such professionalism from the team especially after reading so many complaints here. So there ya go lads...a good Ford service experience

Essendon Ford.

FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
hawker

Default Re: Good Ford experience!

Thanks for posting mate, it's always good to hear the good stories.

I also had a win today, looked like I was going to be up for a bit of work on the Territory, but after chatting to them and saying look I just came out of warranty, this is pretty crap they agreed and rang Ford and sorted it. Only out of pocket for the initial service. Was looking at close to $2500 worth of work!
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I hope they told Ford your car was modded... They might have this "Warranty Claim" rejected if Ford reads this thread.

:( Id delete the dealers name if I were you.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #4
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Do any of those mods have anything to do with the cause of the fault?
If it has been identified as a faulty heat exchanger, what difference does it make if it is lowered, tuned, etc?
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
Do any of those mods have anything to do with the cause of the fault?
If it has been identified as a faulty heat exchanger, what difference does it make if it is lowered, tuned, etc?
Lots...
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old girl took her BA XR6 back to the ford dealer she got it from and asked why the paint was peeling off and what she could do about it, their reply was it was apaint defect and they contacted ford. Ford booked the car in for full respray and she got given an FG XR6 to drive till fixed. She had the FG for an hour before she was back at the dealer looking at a new FG XR6 she didnt want the old car back LOL. Cant complain about that for servise.
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

more happy ford service threads this week, very good to hear.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post