Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
glavas

Default cheap fg turbo utes.

anyone else see how cheap xr6t utes are going for? i picked one up with lux pack for $35990 i dont think they have ever been this cheap.

glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: cheap fg turbo utes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
anyone else see how cheap xr6t utes are going for? i picked one up with lux pack for $35990 i dont think they have ever been this cheap.
The Ford deals at the moment are awesome! Nice purchase buddy. What colour?
I got my brand spanker FG Ute 3 weeks ago and haven't stopped grinning
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
glavas

Default Re: cheap fg turbo utes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeTwiceXR6
The Ford deals at the moment are awesome! Nice purchase buddy. What colour?
I got my brand spanker FG Ute 3 weeks ago and haven't stopped grinning

I got sunburst!!! I dont no why falcons are not selling to well the fg is a hell of a car and so cheap.
Old 17-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: cheap fg turbo utes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
I got sunburst!!! I dont no why falcons are not selling to well the fg is a hell of a car and so cheap.
I 100% agree on the whole sales thing. It greatly disappoints me that the FG doesn't sell better. The FG XR6T blows the doors off a top of the range HSV, and yet the sales don't reflect this. At the moment, an SV6 ute would set you back the same price that Ford have the XR6T ute at right now.
The main thing that you should do though is enjoy your new beast buddy. Drive safe and look after that beautiful new Sunburst paint
Old 18-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grabbed one last month, they only had a limited number was what i was told and its all gone, only way you can get one is what the dealer has in stock (no custom order, colour, transmission etc)
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #6
Hally

Does amyone know a dealer in Melbourne that has a manual XR6T ute that I can test drive?

I called a couple of dealers yesterday and got the 'don't have one as a demo' spiel. I drove a Holden SSV Redline (Auto) on Friday but really want to get into a manual again and I really like the Ford. Just want to drive one first.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: cheap fg turbo utes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally
Does amyone know a dealer in Melbourne that has a manual XR6T ute that I can test drive?

I called a couple of dealers yesterday and got the 'don't have one as a demo' spiel. I drove a Holden SSV Redline (Auto) on Friday but really want to get into a manual again and I really like the Ford. Just want to drive one first.
My advice and experience tells me that you will have better luck getting a test drive if you go to a dealership in person, show a genuine interest in a particular new "toy", and then ask for a test drive. I'm not saying that you aren't genuine, but I would imagine that every Ford or Holden dealership would get phone calls everyday from "faceless" people that want to test drive a new FPV, XR6T, SS, HSV.
If you go to a dealership, speak with a new car salesman, show a genuine interest, then the dealership can place a face for your request to test drive a +$35000 car. I'm sure you will have more luck doing it this way my friend and I hope my reply isn't taken as being direct or rude.

MR 5.0, have you landed yourself in your new beast yet?
Old 18-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

I remember when the first VE SSs were being delivered, the dealerships refused to give test drives
insisting that genuine buyer knew what the car was like. Now I know that this is not the same situation
but some dealerships seem to make a point of weeding out perceived joy riders with no interest in buying..
I've found that fronting up and showing that you are genuine and ready to buy then and there always helps.
jpd80 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
Hally

StrikeTwice,

No issue with your comments at all.

With the two dealers that I spoke to, I called specific salespersons due to colleagues and a friend recently buying new Ford's from each of the dealer in question. Basically their response was 'I have an auto you can drive', which is not what I want (one of my good mates has a XR6T with ZF that I drive often so know what that feels like).

Just hoping to use the FF spy network to see if anyone is aware of a dealer who has one available to look at. In hinsight, I would be happy to drive a N/A version as I presume clutch feel and gearbox shift would be the same between the two. I am on the plump side and just want to make sure I feel comfie driving it.

Out of curiousity, what do you think of this pricing?

VE11 - less than 100km's on the speedo
SSV Redline - Auto (Black in colour)
20 inch HSV wheels (one of the options, cant remember the name)
Mats
Register 31/8/2011, but May 2011 build
$42,000 drive away

Cheers,

Hally
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #10
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I bought one of these SVP XR6 Turbo utes too... way cheap, only a few grand more then my 2008 FG XR6 5 speed was, and it had no luxury pack!

Theres some cheap SS V's around at the moment too, i reckon offer them $39,990 and do a deal!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally
StrikeTwice,

No issue with your comments at all.

With the two dealers that I spoke to, I called specific salespersons due to colleagues and a friend recently buying new Ford's from each of the dealer in question. Basically their response was 'I have an auto you can drive', which is not what I want (one of my good mates has a XR6T with ZF that I drive often so know what that feels like).

Just hoping to use the FF spy network to see if anyone is aware of a dealer who has one available to look at. In hinsight, I would be happy to drive a N/A version as I presume clutch feel and gearbox shift would be the same between the two. I am on the plump side and just want to make sure I feel comfie driving it.

Out of curiousity, what do you think of this pricing?

VE11 - less than 100km's on the speedo
SSV Redline - Auto (Black in colour)
20 inch HSV wheels (one of the options, cant remember the name)
Mats
Register 31/8/2011, but May 2011 build
$42,000 drive away

Cheers,

Hally
No dramas buddy
Another suggestion would be to try finding a used one that you could take for a test drive.
The SSV sedans look good. 20 inch rims would be awesome too.
Old 18-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #12
glavas

i was not even in the market i just saw the price in the paper and just could not turn down a bargin like that. i could have got two for the pric i paid for my maloo
Old 18-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeTwiceXR6
At the moment, an SV6 ute would set you back the same price that Ford have the XR6T ute at right now.
Nope, SV6 utes are going out the door at 32,990 religiously at the moment.... SS can be found at 36,990 without much looking and SSV under 40k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
I bought one of these SVP XR6 Turbo utes too...
I've seen a few people mention "SVP" what the hell is SVP? What does it stand for? No website I can find, other than forum posts here, refer to these utes as "SVP"?
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Special Vehicle Pack

@ Glavas, it seems someone hasnt told that to the people trying to sell 2008 & 2009 XR6T utes on carsales....
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post