Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Service from hell.

My XR8 ute was due for a WOF so figured they might as well change the oil whilst on the hoist,all good and the bloke proceeds to drive it into the workshop and onto the hoist then there's a horrible sound cant explain the sound but was not pleasant :raised eye he had left one of the arms out and driven into the thing,when i arrived at the front of the ute the bumper had pinged off on the right hand side,didnt look to good at that stage and i imagined it would have bust clips etc,paint was okish with just a gouge along the side,after much apologies from the bloke and a promise to fix it he moved the ute forward then as the thing is so low drove it up onto the squares so he could put the hoist arms underneath,he started to lift the hoist then Crack the silly pr$ck tried to lift it up with the arms under the side skirts.:evil idea said side skirt flew to pieces.After all that the thing got its service (closely watched his every move ) and outta there,Panel Beater has ordered the parts and its to be fixed at there expense,if there's a plus side its that there was plenty of stone chips on the bumper so a respray of the whole thing will sort them.Havent got a pic of the side skirts as we took it off and i left it with them,bumper went back on fine and once painted will be as good as new.

Old 19-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Service from hell.

Id change the bumper retaining clip on that side - they arent too strong a part of the car - I found that out when I had my minor bingle.

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

WTF is WOF....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Service from hell??? and yet the guy is replacing the side skirts?? Sound like a mistake was made and the guy is fixing it! Sorry but it really isn't a service from hell. Sounds like you got a nice guy who made a mistake and is fixing it.
Old 19-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Service from hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
WTF is WOF....

Warrant Of Fitness, or something like that.

Kiwi thing.

Same as our roadworthy.

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wots a WOF ?

I'm with Geez Louise with this one, sorry to see your ute was damaged, but it's being fixed at the workshops expense, so hopefully all will be well.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
Zero_PSI
Banned

Yeah. The guy seems pretty legitimate. I'd go back to him.

Not many workshops are quick to take responsibility these days.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #8
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Service from hell??? and yet the guy is replacing the side skirts?? Sound like a mistake was made and the guy is fixing it! Sorry but it really isn't a service from hell. Sounds like you got a nice guy who made a mistake and is fixing it.
"Yet the guy is replacing the side skirts"?would have thought thats the least he could do eh.A bit much after leaving a hoist arm out and driving my ute into the thing.That aside i will go back as ive been going there for years without problems.Possibly the thread title a bit strong but all things considered does anyone expect to get a skirt and bumper shagged just to get an oil change?
Old 19-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, sucks, but at least they're fixing it.
A workmate took his four year old Nissan Patrol to a dealership in Rockhampton who shall remain nameless (nice Chryslers in the courtyard though ) and when he returned, the drivers side window was shattered! He was about t depart for the Finke Rally the next day, and wasn't pleased. Especially when they told him "It just broke...not our fault. We closed the door and it just shattered".
No way would they fix it, flat refusing to take any responsability, so he had a cold old trip to the Finke.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_PSI
Yeah. The guy seems pretty legitimate. I'd go back to him.

Not many workshops are quick to take responsibility these days.
Pretty hard for them not to when i was there when it happened eh.For sure the guy was having a bad day but hey,my comment after he knocked the bumper off was "mate i came here for an oil change not to have my car shagged",not like i was going to say nothing eh,then the side skirts buggered still seems like the service from hell to me.As i said earlier will go back as the bloke that owns the place is a mate of mine,its a motorcycle/car outfit and ive dealt with them for years re bike stuff and of late started taking our cars there.I made bloody sure the sump plug was done up tight before he lowered it i can tell ya,
Old 19-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #11
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6
Warrant Of Fitness, or something like that.

Kiwi thing.

Same as our roadworthy.
Yep,xactly.We have to get them every 6 months down here.$40.
Old 19-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Could have been worse, I know of a person that took their vehicle in for a service and the vehicle fell of the hoist at height, and the company tried their hardest to not come to the party, eventually they did.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #13
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Maybe not the service from hell, but careless - YES and unlucky - YES.. Professional - Not terribly.

That would be my last trip there if it was me. And so they should pay for the repairs.
You go for a service and a WOF and leave with car damage.. Not good.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #14
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Yeah does happen ...... mine during a tune up .... What can you do as long as the person responsible does the right thing.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Could have been worse, I know of a person that took their vehicle in for a service and the vehicle fell of the hoist at height, and the company tried their hardest to not come to the party, eventually they did.
Really,sounds like you guys over the ditch have your problems with this stuff,reading some of the replies has almost made me think i am lucky to have had this happen where it did I was well ****ed off when i finally got out of there,it was a simple oil change eh.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #16
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Yeah does happen ...... mine during a tune up .... What can you do as long as the person responsible does the right thing.

Oh no not the Landau..
Old 19-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
THE CADBURY KID

You are unlucky the guy who did the damage is as useless as tits on a bull,very lucky they are paying for it.
Learn a lesson and dont go back.
You are lucky these days to even get someone who is qualified to work on your car because you dont need to do an apprenticeship to get mechanic papers you only need to work around them for a few years and boom"here are your papers sir"
So the government makes it easier for the busted **** mechanics to get their fingers in some pies too...
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #18
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Maybe not the service from hell, but careless - YES and unlucky - YES.. Professional - Not terribly.

That would be my last trip there if it was me. And so they should pay for the repairs.
You go for a service and a WOF and leave with car damage.. Not good.
Finally,was a bit like amateur hour to me,i dont have a whole lotta cash and my car/bikes are pretty important to me A i love cars B because i love em i tend to look after them very well.To spend hard earned on an oil change etc then stand there and watch the carnage i stand by my thread title.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau

You sir are a better man than me,that sucks.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #20
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE02
You are unlucky the guy who did the damage is as useless as tits on a bull,very lucky they are paying for it.
Learn a lesson and dont go back.
You are lucky these days to even get someone who is qualified to work on your car because you dont need to do an apprenticeship to get mechanic papers you only need to work around them for a few years and boom"here are your papers sir"
So the government makes it easier for the busted **** mechanics to get their fingers in some pies too...
Huh? Everyone stuffs up .... some more than others but it is their attitude AFTER the event that would make me decided if I go back.

The phone call I got from the mechanic would have been a very hard one for him to make. I think I got there in 3 minutes ..... and it was 5 kms away Mine rolled out his workshop collecting the side wall as it went with the door open. Needless to say, the door was nearly touching the front 1/4

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

As bad as it was that it happened, you have to sit back and look at the posistives that will come from it, like you have said a new re-sprayed front bar getting rid of existing stonechip's etc.

I was involved in a accident not to long ago that was no fault of my own, sure I was annoyed and upset at 1'st but the guy was so sorry and admitted fault and was quite good, so I seen no point in making a bad situation worse, it happened, move on I thought to myself plus now I get a new front bar re-sprayed getting rid of all stone chip's that was the car's worst part, at the end of the day I am happy that it happened to be honest, all is fixed at no cost to me.
Old 19-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #22
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
As bad as it was that it happened, you have to sit back and look at the posistives that will come from it, like you have said a new re-sprayed front bar getting rid of existing stonechip's etc.

I was involved in a accident not to long ago that was no fault of my own, sure I was annoyed and upset at 1'st but the guy was so sorry and admitted fault and was quite good, so I seen no point in making a bad situation worse, it happened, move on I thought to myself plus now I get a new front bar re-sprayed getting rid of all stone chip's that was the car's worst part, at the end of the day I am happy that it happened to be honest, all is fixed at no cost to me.
Jeez you guys almost have me feeling sorry for the guy Some valid points made i guess.May well be a tad guilty of being a bit precious about my Falcon maybe but jesus H not what i had in mind when i took it if for a "service".Guess i have to agree with those that posted "least there fixing it",still doesnt quite feel right to say though.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I think more than anything in these kind of situations its the added hassle and inconvenience of having to get the car fixed..

That you will be without the car a few days to a week, that you have to arrange to get it booked into your panel shop etc and then if its your main form of transport, theres the hassles of alternative transport etc.. Its the same if you have an accident thats not your fault, you still have the hassle to deal with etc and have to be without your car etc...

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #24
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98TLS
Jeez you guys almost have me feeling sorry for the guy Some valid points made i guess.May well be a tad guilty of being a bit precious about my Falcon maybe but jesus H not what i had in mind when i took it if for a "service".Guess i have to agree with those that posted "least there fixing it",still doesnt quite feel right to say though.
In time when it's all done and fixed mate, you will look back on it as a memory.
My only other sugestion is make sure the re-spray is good and the orange peel matches the rest of the vehicle/panel's, so that you can't tell it has been re-sprayed, do you get a choice of repairer ?.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #25
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

MOST workshops dont accept ANY liability (they usually have it on a sign) for damage caused as a result of them driving your cars... 10 points to them for coming to the party

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
In time when it's all done and fixed mate, you will look back on it as a memory.
My only other sugestion is make sure the re-spray is good and the orange peel matches the rest of the vehicle/panel's, so that you can't tell it has been re-sprayed, do you get a choice of repairer ?.
Yep i do,thankfully they referred me to the same place ive gone to for years with my bikes,if they can do this (re pic) they will have no problem with the paint on the Falcon.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #27
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Look's good, if both parties are happy then all is good.

And if you still go back to the business as you say you want to cause it's a friend and you have been going there for yr's, you will probably find that they will take extra care with your vehicle as of this little incident.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #28
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr
Wots a WOF ?

I'm with Geez Louise with this one, sorry to see your ute was damaged, but it's being fixed at the workshops expense, so hopefully all will be well.
Yep over here in Nz a WOF is a Warrant Of Fitness,its a thorough examination of the car that is required every 6 months or if it is a newish car its every year.
HSVKILLA is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #29
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

What does a WOF cost if you have to get it done every 6 months ?.
And is it policed ?.
Old 19-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #30
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Look's good, if both parties are happy then all is good.

And if you still go back to the business as you say you want to cause it's a friend and you have been going there for yr's, you will probably find that they will take extra care with your vehicle as of this little incident.
No doubt,Mark (bloke that owns the place) was away on holiday which was a tad unfortunate as end of the day its him thats paying,am going to hang off getting it fixed until hes back and has been informed,just seems the right thing to do.