Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-02-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Just picked up new diesel wagon

I collected a new Sea Grey TDCi wagon last Thursday. It was the runout model so doesn't have the latest diesel and Powershift box. I checked the specs on ETIS and it was built on 23 August, which is 3-4 months after they changed to the new powertrain in Europe. They must have stockpiled the previous diesel and auto especially for NZ! Looks good in sea grey but I still prefer how the Mondeo looks in black.

I took it for a 250 km round trip on back roads south of Auckland, as I didn't want to do the initial kms in city traffic. It runs really well and is a much better drive than the petrol which I've had for the last 2 years. I like the way it drops down to 5th when accelerating out of corners, much better than having to use the Tiptronic mode in the petrol to get any power. Average fuel consumption was 6.7 l/100km - I'd be lucky to get much under 10 in the petrol on the same roads.

There are lots of minor improvements from my 07 build wagon. It has voice control and Bluetooth to keep me amused while waiting at traffic lights!

Old 19-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I posted on another thread about pictures, you going to put some up?

Enjoy it as well, I hope it brings you many safe kilometres.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
scribbly

I was just in NZ and as a passenger I was able to look at a white Mondeo wagon while going along the highway towards Hamilton. It has very nice lines.
In any case I intend to get the new diesel Territory and the existing car will go the missus.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, the wagon looks good in white and I did consider it. But the old model has black door handles and a lot of black around the windows and just looks cheap. The new base model has fully colour matched door handles and mirrors and looks far better, plus has alloy wheels as standard. But the TDCi Zetec wagon is over $50k and even with a discount would have cost $10k more than mine.