Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Default Maccas Armed Robbers? Where Next?

Quote:
The manager of a McDonald's restaurant in Melbourne's southeast fears her outlet could be the next target for a gang of robbers who are holding up the fast food stores.

A third McDonald's restaurant, in Cranbourne, was robbed overnight by three men wielding weapons.

In the previous two brazen hold-ups in the area, only two men had carried out the robberies armed with an axe and a machete.

The manager of one store in the area, who wished to remain unidentified, fears her restaurant could be hit next.

"We're doing the best we can but we just hope they catch these guys," she said.

"We could be next tonight, being in the area, I wouldn't be surprised."

The restaurant, which usually stays open until midnight, will be closing much earlier on Wednesday while the bandits remain at large.

"It's scary, thank God until now nobody has been hurt, which is good," she said.

She said she worked for an owner/operator who is holding a staff meeting to discuss security issues.
Above quote was taken from... http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...maccas-manager

Just a little curious, where can these scrawny maggot parasites strike next?

They are too stupid too spread out, they have added a 3rd loser into the gang.

Surely, someone can predict their next move and possibly even figure out where they are based.

Any criminal profilers out there? What can we do to help?

My son works at Maccas in Sth. East Suburbse and I don't feel entirely comfortable about it either.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
glavas

i really wish we were much tougher on crime. life sentence to everyone or even death for law breakers. would be a much nicer place to live.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
i really wish we were much tougher on crime. life sentence to everyone or even death for law breakers. would be a much nicer place to live.
Hallelujah ,rep points coming your way M8
Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

The 24 hour maccas here only serve by means of the drive thru during late hours...Smart move.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

What sort of society have we become. Kids being terrorised at there first job. Thats a very traumatic thing to go through for anyone, let alone a 16 yr old (as most maccas staff are)
bring back public stoning
Old 05-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

One Local Maccas around here wont let you in after a certain time, and while Drivethrough is 24hours, it has about 4" of perspex covering the drive through pick-up window and a tray that they use to slide out food and money in. Aswell as several cameras right on it so no one can so much as get a hand through the window.
Not sure whether its bullet proof but short of a jackhammer you wouldn't be getting through.

It is odd though, as the Police regularly patrol through Maccas.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can be assured that the "embona" taskforce will be staking out a few outlets in the next few days as the pattern looks very similar after only 3 hits. The police probably already know who they are looking for and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

As soon as i heard the helicopter last night i knew the local one had been hit.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #8
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

dark sedan (if i heard right) NSW rego, just heard on the radio to look out for.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
Barry_v
rocknrolla

smarter than robbing a servo i guess, best they get out of them is ~$100 cash float and a few ciggies. Maccas would have a bigger cash float that comes with a coke and fries.

the way you girls carry on about 'today's society' you'd think armed robbery was invented last week
Old 05-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #10
3vXT

It's a bloody outrage is what it is!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
yeah just like north korea. awesome place to live.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

I doubt they'll be hitting another McDonalds after this article. That's ofcourse assuming they have a brain. Which they probably don't cause I mean...c'mon...
Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #13
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe its this bloke..?

http://www.insightmrktg.com/2009/01/...he-hamburglar/

Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Old 05-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #15
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
the way you girls carry on about 'today's society' you'd think armed robbery was invented last week
Back in the day, before i met my missus and had kids i used to associate with some HARD Blokes, not that im proud of it but growing up in Elizabeth made you hard, that or a victim...
Back then the golden rule was to never pick on people less well equipped than yourself.

Criminals of today have no morals, and by morals i mean they pick on kids and women...yes society has changed, so have the plastic gangsters.

Bring back Choppers law i say...now where did i put that blow torch

Edit...classic Norm
Old 05-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #16
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Aha just goes to show how good the food is...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
Old 05-01-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Back in the day, before i met my missus and had kids i used to associate with some HARD Blokes, not that im proud of it but growing up in Elizabeth made you hard, that or a victim...
Back then the golden rule was to never pick on people less well equipped than yourself.

Criminals of today have no morals, and by morals i mean they pick on kids and women...yes society has changed, so have the plastic gangsters.

Edit...classic Norm
So Rape, Murder, Bank Robberies didnt exist until this generation of kids? Up until then it was all one on one epic kung fu battles? Clearly gangs didnt prey on individuals at the largs, or the british or the birkenhead back when they were real pubs. Those victims must have beaten themselves up, and obviously my eyes were playing up.

I grew up in a hard neighbourhood as well, and there were and still are, only two rules, what you are capable of doing, and what you aren't.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 05-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
So Rape, Murder, Bank Robberies didnt exist until this generation of kids? Up until then it was all one on one epic kung fu battles? Clearly gangs didnt prey on individuals at the largs, or the british or the birkenhead back when they were real pubs. Those victims must have beaten themselves up, and obviously my eyes were playing up.

I grew up in a hard neighbourhood as well, and there were and still are, only two rules, what you are capable of doing, and what you aren't.
Yeah, all of those crimes and places dont really compare to holding up a joint full of kids though does it...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Yeah, all of those crimes and places dont really compare to holding up a joint full of kids though does it...
Prob do the little turds a world of good...

Nation full of skirts is what we are turning into.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #20
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Edit...classic Norm
This is so true! Every night in Sydney you see so called "tough" people terrorising McDonalds carparks and throwing garbage everywhere. They do this because they know they will get little oposition from the teenage staff and the families that eat there. If these scumbags are so tough, go to the local bikie bar and carry on the way the do in the bar carpark. It's too easy to terrorise families and teenage staff though.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #21
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:

You cant seriously believe robbing a maccas is worse than rape and murder.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 05-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #22
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Only today i was driving down Bagsters rd (salisbury North for those playing at home) following a line of cars behind a learner driver instructor.
The vehicle directly behind the instructor was right up his .... so the instructor stopped the car and got out to approach the driver.
Now, the instructor was an overweight bloke of atleast 50yrs of age, didnt get aggressive, just made a point of mentioning the fact that he was trying to teach a kid how to drive.
well, the Meth head freak, proberbly late 30's, bounces out of his car and flies the instructor in the middle of the road...what a hero.

Then he realised where he was and who was watching...right out the front of the footy club.
So what did he do when he knew he was punching above his weight...he got back in his car and blew the horn...Plastic Gangster!
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #23
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can remember avoiding 7/11's and Foodplus in the 80's because of the gang element that would sit in the car parks at night....
I dont think human nature is any worse now than 25 years ago, the difference is the greater opportunities (such as 24hr maccas) we have now to exploit life and exercise stupidity.....

Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #24
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

EDIT: ^^^ haha Food Plus! oh, the 90's were good

If they're dumb enough to continue in such a logical order, there's 2 Macca's on Westerport Highway on the way down towards Frankston, then there's a whole host of stores in that area. But surely these deadbeats are looking at the media and basking in the fear they're causing for Maccas staff. And if they're reading the reports and decide to strike again then they clearly have bigger balls than brains. Even doing the Cranbourne store after the cops are on the case from the first 2 efforts has me stuffed, these guys are clearly desperate. It's like the servo robbery sprees of times past but now they have become just a little harder to get at, leaving the 24hr Maccas with young'ns behind the counter as the next softest target for the drug money

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild

Last edited by jamesson1980; 05-01-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #25
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
You cant seriously believe robbing a maccas is worse than rape and murder.
Never said that, just curious as to why you would mention those crimes and places in regards to some weak ..... who wouldnt have the nouse to set up a bank job.
I would take a guess that those crimes in those places may have been commited by adults on adults...unless the Birkenhead was a former kindergarten.

We had our share of rapes and murders...bodies in plastic containers too.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #26
sleek7

Would have thought that by now if 3 were hit all in the same area, maybe station a few pairs of undercover cops around other maccas places overnight? Might not come that night, but then again they might..
Old 05-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #27
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek7
Would have thought that by now if 3 were hit all in the same area, maybe station a few pairs of undercover cops around other maccas places overnight? Might not come that night, but then again they might..
What a great idea!

Old 05-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #28
Molloy
Captain beat down

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR
Lol hahahahahaha

Molloy's Build thread
Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #29
glavas

Quote:
yeah just like north korea. awesome place to live.
I think you will find there's a difference between a tuff on crime society and a regime That represses the rights of it's people.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #30
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

wow food plus, remember their slurpies? "Slush Puppies" grape flavour hmmm...

back on topic, who's gonna go stake out a couple of maccas tonight in the area?
Closed Thread