Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default QLD Flood emergency

Do we have any members affected by this disaster on AFF?
Theodore a little town west of Bundaberg has set a record albeit not a good one. The whole town was evacuated via chopper.
A mate had his car ruined by flood water in Bundy
Fairbairn Dam was at 140%~ so nearby Emerald is looking down the barrel of having all but the town centre under water.
At work we are already feeling the effects of the fruit and veg with supply levels falling and it will only get worse.
Sunshine State, Sunshine what?
I hope everyone gets out unscathed.

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where abouts are you?

Had no run in Brissie today, even saw the sun for about 1.5 mins.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Yeah im in Bris aswell mate, i was just watching the news and some of the rainfall and dam levels really shocked me, i feel for the people out west.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 29-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

You guys have had alot of rain up there that's for sure, worst thing is the wet season is only just beginning
Old 29-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #5
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
You guys have had alot of rain up there that's for sure, worst thing is the wet season is only just beginning
Unfortunately you are right, too early to breathe a sigh of relief yet.

Best wishes to all those that are flood affected, hope you all get through it ok.
Old 29-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
efi65

so far home is all right but gayndah is flooding bad and a few people have been air lifted out, mate down the road from me lost everything he own's , he is staying at my place till water goes down, gayndah has no drinking water despite what the news says, the pumps are fried, another mate in bundaberg has lost all his cars, he got a high set house and the water is at the second top step, and the water hasn't peaked yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got another couple of metre's to go . at paradise dam there is over 5 metre's of water flowing over the wall, if get any more heavy rain tonight i will loose stuff in the shed,
efi65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by efi65
so far home is all right but gayndah is flooding bad and a few people have been air lifted out, mate down the road from me lost everything he own's , he is staying at my place till water goes down, gayndah has no drinking water despite what the news says, the pumps are fried, another mate in bundaberg has lost all his cars, he got a high set house and the water is at the second top step, and the water hasn't peaked yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got another couple of metre's to go . at paradise dam there is over 5 metre's of water flowing over the wall, if get any more heavy rain tonight i will loose stuff in the shed,
Hope they get out ok mate, keep us informed.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 29-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #8
efi65

the worst thing is im flooded out from home, ive got some wicked photo's from mate's and from mum and dad, me mate down the road rang me and asked if he could break into my joint as his was flooded out, he told me he put everything up high in the shed so i wont loose anything(hopefully) mum sent me a video of the flooding round mingo crossing its at the back water's of paradise dam, the bridge there is seven metre's above the full mark and it is completely under water the kiosk is under water, so much water , and all that and more from further west is still yet to come, we might be in a bad way round home but gee my heart goes out to the poor people at bundy they have all that to come yet....
Old 29-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Aunty and uncle were evac'd from their farm at Theodore, not only was their house basically destroyed, they're cotton crops were all lost too. They're in good spirits though.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Aunty and uncle were evac'd from their farm at Theodore, not only was their house basically destroyed, they're cotton crops were all lost too. They're in good spirits though.
Very sad and soul destroying to be in such a situation, good to hear they have their head's high, I feel very sorry for such people.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bit soggy here but most of the cut roads are open again. Lucky to be near the ocean for a change.

Bundy is a real mess.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #12
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Gut wrenching stuff isn't it. You the photos and the footage on the news you just wanna do something to try and help them.

Might go down to one of the banks tomorrow and make a donation.
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #13
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

keep your heads up guys and be safe

hope that you dont have to suffer to much

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #14
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we live in stanthorpe been lucky here highest in many years but not in any houses here.In warwich it has been different highest since 1974 even into the main part of town no way in or out. There is alot of water going to get to dalby in the next few days as the river though warwick goes there.

i feel for all the people of the flooded towns as many can not get insurance for flooding as theyy are in flood prone areas and the insurance companies wont look at them.

Ian
Old 29-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #15
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's sad to hear all the stories of how people have been affected by all this rain. I'm hoping that this comes to and end real soon, and the clean up can begin
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #16
Turboconvert

I live in dalby and was pleased to be able to get out today to my sisters. She and her husband were also stuck her in dalby for the past three days. They have been itching to get home on the north side of brissy. Dalby is not by far the worse hit town. But still somewhat difficult. The water treatment works place has sucome to the flood waters and as such only two days of drinking water left. So now the town has been placed on level 6 water consictions.

Few people have been evacuated to higher ground (ie the showgrounds or one of the primary schools on the far opposite side of the town). Many farmers around here alone with have lost their crop. I really do feel sorry for those whose homes have been inundated. My prayers and thoughts also go out to the emergency personal who are spending hours and hours away from family and loved ones, getting very little sleep and not a lot of thanks.

Bf xr6 turbo sedan, 6 SP auto, Leather/suede interior
Turboconvert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #17
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by uteaddict
I live in dalby and was pleased to be able to get out today to my sisters. She and her husband were also stuck her in dalby for the past three days. They have been itching to get home on the north side of brissy. Dalby is not by far the worse hit town. But still somewhat difficult. The water treatment works place has sucome to the flood waters and as such only two days of drinking water left. So now the town has been placed on level 6 water consictions.

Few people have been evacuated to higher ground (ie the showgrounds or one of the primary schools on the far opposite side of the town). Many farmers around here alone with have lost their crop. I really do feel sorry for those whose homes have been inundated. My prayers and thoughts also go out to the emergency personal who are spending hours and hours away from family and loved ones, getting very little sleep and not a lot of thanks.
I have a workmate that lives on the northside that is in Dalby atm.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 31-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #18
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

See how we go mate. I know there are a few members with me here in Rockhampton.
Old 31-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #19
efi65

well got the news from the nieghbours my place was safe the waters edge came to my back fence so everything safe, but heart goes out to the people who did loose in the flood