Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 
Default VFACTS May 2010

Figures won't be out for a few more days. I think this months sales could be interesting. I'm expecting Ford to outsell GMHolden for locally made vehicles for the 2nd month in a row. Lets see!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
fordv8!

hope your on the money again!
fordv8! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some very good deals Aussie wide at the moment at Ford, which should hopefully see a big volume push. I am also curious to see how the Hybrid Camry goes this month.

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...YPage&site=FOA

Last edited by Brazen; 01-06-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Some very good deals Aussie wide at the moment at Ford, which should hopefully see a big volume push. I am also curious to see how the Hybrid Camry goes this month.

You'd assume it will be poor like the other months but they have been pushing 2.1% interest loans so will have to see.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
You'd assume it will be poor like the other months but they have been pushing 2.1% interest loans so will have to see.
It will certainly be interesting...
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Be interesting to see sales results for the Falcon ute in May with Ford offering 5 year warranty on the ute.

It would be great to see Ford really push the Falcon ute. get it averaging over 1000 units a month. Its one of the few segments in the market where one product (Falcon 1 tonner cab-chassis) totally outclasses all the others.

It would be good to see some more focus on cab-chassis versions, ads showing it doing tough work, maybe making it standard with a little extra ground clearance (Fords own research released with the RTV showed the biggest complaints owners had was the lack of ground clearance on the base model Falcon ute, and im sure it also puts off prospective buyers to even look at it as it doesnt look "work-ready").
Old 01-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Dont forget the best deal on that (the 33K drive away XR6) are Demo's & have already been account as sales for prior months.. This wont help May's number
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Dont forget the best deal on that (the 33K drive away XR6) are Demo's & have already been account as sales for prior months.. This wont help May's number
Careful, Demos can be new cars that have been registered by the dealer with barely any Klms on the clock....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Careful, Demos can be new cars that have been registered by the dealer with barely any Klms on the clock....
That is what I mean.. These ones are not count in May, if sold in May, there were counting in a month there were registed in.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
That is what I mean.. These ones are not count in May, if sold in May, there were counting in a month there were registed in.
No, they could have been registered early in May or even a few days before sale....
It's a known sales ploy for moving certain stock, new cars magically become just registered demos...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The dealer we bought the Fiesta from has demo XR6s out the front with big $30,990 driveaway stickers on the doors, and Territory for $32,990. Choice of colours and they are basically brand new (delivery kms). Im pretty sure these are the same ones that were part of the huge demo thing Ford dealers did by registering heaps of brand new Falcons in late April but who knows they could be newer ones.

I honestly cannot get over how cheap it is to buy a new Falcon nowadays, if they had a wagon I would of bought it. Im now seriously considering a Territory due to simply how cheap they are. Holden arnt budging on SV6 Sportwagon prices, even though I have reminded them of the new Commodore model coming out in only a few months - I have waited this long for a car including waiting for the lame SIDI update so Il probably just wait a bit longer to see what its like.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #12
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:

There were 'demos' that were not still registered.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #13
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Be interesting to see sales results for the Falcon ute in May with Ford offering 5 year warranty on the ute.

It would be great to see Ford really push the Falcon ute. get it averaging over 1000 units a month. Its one of the few segments in the market where one product (Falcon 1 tonner cab-chassis) totally outclasses all the others.

It would be good to see some more focus on cab-chassis versions, ads showing it doing tough work, maybe making it standard with a little extra ground clearance (Fords own research released with the RTV showed the biggest complaints owners had was the lack of ground clearance on the base model Falcon ute, and im sure it also puts off prospective buyers to even look at it as it doesnt look "work-ready").
The 5 year warranty was the final push into getting me to buy the dealers demo ute
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #14
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Will be very interesting indeed, hopefully it is a strong month.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
I think it's a great sign to see Ford put 5yr warranty on Falcon, Ute & Territory! Plenty of confidence in their vehicles which they should have going by industry leading TGW results.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where can I see these TGW results??
Old 02-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #17
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
I think it's a great sign to see Ford put 5yr warranty on Falcon, Ute & Territory! Plenty of confidence in their vehicles which they should have going by industry leading TGW results.

Think it was commercial vehicles and terri that got the 5 years. Falcon sedan doesn't seem to get it.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Vehicle sales hit new highs

Looks like the Falcon is getting back on track, would this be the result of heaps of Demo's being registered by dealers?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #19
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow Falcon really closing the gap, only 641 difference now, Falcon sedan would have comfortably outsold the Commodore Sedan...

1Holden Commodore3,899

2Toyota Hilux3,665

3Ford Falcon3,258

Old 03-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #20
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Go you good thing, more to do with EOFY sales? I failed in convincing my mum to buy a G6ET instead of the C class.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehicle sales hit new highs
Despite fairly stable petrol prices this year, sales of hybrid cars more than quadrupled in May from the same time a year ago: in May 2009 51 left showrooms, last month it 237 hybrids were bought, aided by the latest entrant, the Toyota Hybrid Camry.
...and they say you can't polish a ****? How'd they make that result sound good?
Old 03-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #22
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mondeo sales ???
Old 03-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #23
R-Design
Guess Who's Back?

Oooops....
Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #24
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss315
...and they say you can't polish a ****? How'd they make that result sound good?
Yeah but you can roll them in glitter.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #25
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yay Falcon in top three, great result!! add ute sales in there and it would be no.2 Remember that still includes Falcon wagon, so it might not necessarily be the slam dunk in sedan sales against Commodore. I wonder how many businesses are buying up Falcon wagons to tide them over for the next few years.

Gee Camry Hybrid has got shocking sales. Suprised, I would of thought fleets would gobble it up.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #26
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

IMO there might be a reluctance for the hybrids. I mean they are fairly well proven but maybe to complicated for its own good.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #27
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
IMO there might be a reluctance for the hybrids. I mean they are fairly well proven but maybe to complicated for its own good.

I also think the fleet market has fundamentally shifted to the Corolla and Cruze type vehicle and they are not going back. And total cost of ownership is just as important as the fuel economy. Thats why I think as much as Falcon and Commodore improve their fuel economy, they are nowadays competing with cars a lot cheaper and with good resale.

I mean a Camry Hybrid uses as much fuel as a Yaris and it still not getting the numbers.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #28
Deco28

i30 dropped off this month.
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #29
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Yay Falcon in top three, great result!! add ute sales in there and it would be no.2 Remember that still includes Falcon wagon, so it might not necessarily be the slam dunk in sedan sales against Commodore. I wonder how many businesses are buying up Falcon wagons to tide them over for the next few years.

Gee Camry Hybrid has got shocking sales. Suprised, I would of thought fleets would gobble it up.
Nup, even the fleets realise they're a piece of electric poo.

Quote: