Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
seduced_xr
BF XR6

Default not paying a fine?

quick question.. in WA if it matters.

if you were to get a fine and have missed the due date by about 3 weeks, what is the next step? it says on the back of the fine payment will not be accepted after the due date

seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 04:27 AM   #2
SVD

basically what happens then is...they send you another fine on top of the first one saying, you didn't pay the first fine so here it is again plus another like $80+ because you failed to pay and we like moneyz
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmmmm
And here was i thinking that a summons to appear in court would be sent instead for defaulting on a fine.....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can run.... but you can't hide......
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #5
Futura_2nv

i hear mexico is nice this time of year :P
Futura_2nv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Best thing to do is just to ring them up and organize payment. If you do not intend to pay I would say your states sheriffs will one day come knocking on your door.
Old 28-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Hmmmm
And here was i thinking that a summons to appear in court would be sent instead for defaulting on a fine.....
They'll usually send you a reminder of some sort first, but as stated, they'll add more to the fine to "remind" you to pay it. At least here in SA. I can't really see any Government body organising a summons and going through all that for one missed payment, they always tend to give reminders just in case someone genuinely forgot.

That being said, if it really has been three weeks, I'm sure you SHOULD have at least received some sort of reminder by now. I'd contact the administering office (council/police etc - you haven't stated what the fine is so I'm not sure) and have a little discussion with them as to where its at & what your options are.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Not sure about WA, but here in the Revenue State it would get sent to the SDRO (State Debt Recovery Office) who would then send you a letter with words to the effect of Pay up or we tell the RTA to cancel your rego, license, passport, medicare card, football membership and take your firstborn son!
Old 28-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #9
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In WA, the fine if not paid, and I'm assuming it is some form of traffic infringement, the matter is forwarded to the Fines Enforcement Agency for follow up.

As SVD has indicated, a further penalty (agencies costs) are added on top of the original penalty.

As far as I know, should the fine then not be paid, a licence suspension can be imposed until the matter has been satisfied.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
Kryton

was the fine sent to you in the mail?
If it was, you could ring them up, say that you have just got this TODAY, but it is already 3 weeks over due - what can i do about it?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I'd imagine you would have gotten a reminder already?

As someone said, it'll be the fine + X amount of money.

I recently had this as I forgot to pay some parking fines...What would have been $135 for a total of 3 fines ended up being $350+

PAY YA BLOODY FINES!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so how do people managed to get away with hundreds $$ of fines? even if they are at a fixed address?
Old 28-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
so how do people managed to get away with hundreds $$ of fines? even if they are at a fixed address?
Fines outstanding by any chance - the Sheriff and his merry men are on their way.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
peeds13
XC AMS

The first notice is $10 on top of what you owe. Then you get another that is $100 on top of the others. Then you get a notice of suspension, its like another 30 days. Then after that your licence is suspended under fines suspension.
peeds13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #15
seduced_xr
BF XR6

thanks guys, its not my fine its dads, been sitting on the table for weeks.. he thinks its mums fine but its clearly him in the photo so thats why it hasnt been paid.
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post