Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bluecare Car Warranty?

How do i go about claiming something on warranty? I have been told by my mechanic that the ball joints on both sides need to be replaced (AU XR8) and that I need to check my diff/uni joints,etc

I got a BLUECARE car warranty when i got it as the dealer clearly knew the car had been a bit of a thrashmobile when i got it. (Diff or transmission clunk, vibration under hard acceleration, melted/burnt rubber on my exhaust pipes from burnouts,etc....

Anyway, do i have to go to a Ford dealer to get warranty work done? Or can it be done by any workshop who does warranty work?

Also, how do i "claim" warranty on things that need to be replaced/fixed?

redauxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

when you got your warranty you should have got a booklet with it outlining all the restrictions of which you are asking for.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by redauxr8
Anyway, do i have to go to a Ford dealer to get warranty work done? Or can it be done by any workshop who does warranty work?

Also, how do i "claim" warranty on things that need to be replaced/fixed?
I think you should call the people who will be paying the claim first. I have had some extended warranty work done, and the fine print says that the company providing the coverage generally have first opportunity to handle the repair.

They will send you to a place, the place will assess the car, then they will contact the warranty company to get the OK for the repair.

Ball joints sounds like a wear and tear repair. You may find that it won't be covered.

Good luck.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive got a 4 star cover warranty, it says it replaces basically everything that fails/wears/breaks except for paint/panels,etc
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
ChemicalHorizon

Humm, the 5 star one did "basically everything" so i would check what the 4 star one does actually cover.

I believe its underwritten by Swan? Insurance. Basically its just another insurance policy on the car
ChemicalHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
redauxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalHorizon
Humm, the 5 star one did "basically everything" so i would check what the 4 star one does actually cover.

I believe its underwritten by Swan? Insurance. Basically its just another insurance policy on the car
I have checked the 4 star, thats why i said it covered "basically" everything... Diff, tranny, uni joints, the engine and internals, ball joints, suspension,etc the only things it didnt cover was the cat converters, failure due to bad fuel,etc and a couple of other small things....