Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default RG

Good morning

Just a quick note to advise that RG has stepped down from his moderation role effective from today.

I'd like to thank him for his efforts during the time he has filled the role and we will advise a replacement as soon as we have been through the selection process.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Damn shame, you always knew where you stood with Russell.

Thanks for your time and efforts mate, probably a good time to reflect on the unsung and unrewarded efforts that all the admin and mods put into the forums. As humans we all trip and fall but these guys are here to pick us up and put us back on the tracks time and again.

Daniel
Old 12-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Not a personal friend of Russell but his presence was definetly notable here in AFF, both as a competent moderator and general mate to those around him.
Good luck and hope to still see you kickin' around here RG.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

I do hope you ARE hanging about RG....

I have a very short list of posters I enjoy reading consistently. Many mods take quite an aloof posture in their neutrality and are unprepared to delve into spirited discussion, but your contributions on both fronts are equally appreciated.

And you're often the first to delve into threads with the lockwood and ive never seen one that didnt deserve it

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Thanks for the heads up Russell and thanks to RG with his input on the forums, always been on the ball and handled his duty very well.
Hope your still around mate.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

BIG Thanks RG for your efforts Always thought you did a STELLA job.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats RG for being a great mod as well as his great input into these forums!

Cheers, Anthony
Old 12-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
BIG Thanks RG for your efforts Always thought you did a STELLA job.
Sure did, and this forum is now the lesser for it.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a result of some posting activity a couple days ago. Very very ordinary.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

russ you will be missed as a mod here on aff

i really do hope that you stick around and haveas much input as you have done in the past

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #10
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSG6ET
Sure did, and this forum is now the lesser for it.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a result of some posting activity a couple days ago. Very very ordinary.

Assumptions really are....well assumptions.

Much goes on behind closed doors on forums, the Admin have to make very hard calls at times. One thing i will say in all honesty is they are quite reasonable and fair, major decisions are a democratic process and not the doing of any individual.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

As mentioned by Russ above. I would also like to add my thanx for his assistance during his time with the admin / moderation team.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #12
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Sorry to see Russ go as a mod as he has helped me settle in around here and has been a big help ..... as I amsure he will continue to be.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Thanks for the kind words guys, it really does mean a lot. Nick is right in saying that there are things that go on behind closed doors and I don't feel it appropriate for anyone but the admin team to make comment on that as they are the only ones that truly know what goes on, if anything. I don't quite understand what you are saying later in your post Nick as the thread is about me stepping down, not a hard call by admin...

I will still pop in from time to time but I dare say that I will not be as active as I once was. I have made many friends in my time here ( and a few enemies lol) and have had some great times. Thank you to all of you who made things so enjoyable and supported me, it really did make a difference.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Such a shame Russ i always thought and still do think you are genuine on here mate. Hope you stick around.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Thanks for the kind words guys, it really does mean a lot. Nick is right in saying that there are things that go on behind closed doors and I don't feel it appropriate for anyone but the admin team to make comment on that as they are the only ones that truly know what goes on, if anything. I don't quite understand what you are saying later in your post Nick as the thread is about me stepping down, not a hard call by admin...

I will still pop in from time to time but I dare say that I will not be as active as I once was. I have made many friends in my time here ( and a few enemies lol) and have had some great times. Thank you to all of you who made things so enjoyable and supported me, it really did make a difference.
Very humble and well said Russ, you will be missed by many.

Daniel
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG

All the best Russ, hope you don't dissapear, the forums need strong individuals prepared to show reason and stand by their convictions.
Strong, intelligent, robust debate is Healthy.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

no need for me to say anything . post deletyed by me .
Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #18
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
All the best Russ, hope you don't dissapear, the forums need strong individuals prepared to show reason and stand by their convictions.
Strong, intelligent, robust debate is Healthy.
Cheers Norm, it seems we may have a bit in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
no need for me to say anything . post deletyed by me .
What an odd thing to say, if you want to say something you can mate. I hold nothing against people that have issue with me, if you do that is.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #19
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

A bit sad really.....
Thanks for the efforts RG.
The forum is all the better for your input.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG

I was trying to clear up a possible missconception, never mind.

Thanks for all the help and time you have given the forum, i hope to catch up with you for the next Warlord vs Mafia round at Heathcote.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:41 PM   #21
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Thank you to all of you who made things so enjoyable and supported me, it really did make a difference.
My pleasure.

Oo\===/oO
Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I was trying to clear up a possible missconception, never mind.

Thanks for all the help and time you have given the forum, i hope to catch up with you for the next Warlord vs Mafia round at Heathcote.
A Warlord without a Windsor is like a Clevo Mafioso without a cardigan.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #23
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Cheers Norm, it seems we may have a bit in common.

What an odd thing to say, if you want to say something you can mate. I hold nothing against people that have issue with me, if you do that is.

nah mate . to be honest i posted a negative post then quickly deleted it , as i'd read it i realised it was not true .
i know you put a lot of time and effort as a moderator here . cheers.
simply put. i dont have an issue with you over all , at all. cheers frank.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #24
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
nah mate . to be honest i posted a negative post then quickly deleted it , as i'd read it i realised it was not true .
i know you put a lot of time and effort as a moderator here . cheers.
simply put. i dont have an issue with you over all , at all. cheers frank.
Thank you Frank.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #25
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
A Warlord without a Windsor
Much like a certain RedAUXR8...though it's hardly a warlord, but it is missing a Windsor.

Oo\===/oO
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #26
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Well all the best mate, I liked reading your comedic remark's and fun and larakin personality around here, this place need's more like you, hope to still hear from you around the trap's.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

PM will be sent.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #28
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

All the best RG

Make sure you pop in with your usual humorous banter

Old 26-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #29
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

sad to hear you're stepping down RG. thanks for all the hard work you've done for AFF over the years mate.

don't be a stranger now.
Old 26-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #30
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan b
sad to hear you're stepping down RG. thanks for all the hard work you've done for AFF over the years mate.

don't be a stranger now.

To be honest i think I've seen more post's from RG since he stepped down as a MOD then while he was a MOD

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Closed Thread