Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Playing with a GT (the fully monty unobtanium one) next week

Through the Supercar Club I am expecting to have at my disposal this little beauty next week.

My last drive from them was a Porsche 911 GT3 which was everything I expected and more. Did Spurs, Mt Beauty, Hotham etc. etc.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 911_GT3_Hotham3.jpg (46.9 KB, 48 views)
Old 27-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Lucky sod.
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG66ME
Lucky sod.
2nd that.
I bet the 1st words that came to mind weren't that colourless.
I know mine weren't.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Transfiguring R

Hey, mcnews, I'm a Perth resident also, south of the river. Any chance you could take me for a spin?

Oh, I can show you where there is a really good strip that you may not know about, too.
Transfiguring R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Not in Perth any more, but even if I was the answer would be no :-)
Old 27-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
Transfiguring R

Hahaha. Didn't think so.

Enjoy it!
Old 27-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats, can you let us know how it all goes and what your thoughts are? Will be interesting to see how it compares to the GT 3 and other cars in the supercar club

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

That Ford GT, makes the GT3 look... sissy.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Very lucky man you are!!!..

Have hinted to the Boss that i want a bathurst membership for my 30th birthday.. That gives her 4 years to save
Old 27-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #10
mcnews
Trev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
That Ford GT, makes the GT3 look... sissy.
Only to people that have a problem with the size of their manhood and with no real understanding of sports cars and thus should properly stick to tarted up taxis.
Old 27-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #11
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Only to people that have a problem with the size of their manhood and with no real understanding of sports cars and thus should properly stick to tarted up taxis.

Nah that not accurate.

There is pedigree behind the GT40 legend that is the equal to most things Porsche. If you were buying a car that would be different but to most there is nothing Taxi about a GT40.

There is a sense of occasion about the GT that the superior Porsche doesn't have and most likely never will.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
mcnews
Trev

I was not comparing this GT to a tarted up taxi, it is a supercar built from the ground up to be one and it succeeded. I was comparing Australian GTs to tarted up taxis. I don't really know how you could confuse that one, the bloke with a tarted up taxi commented that the Porsche looked sissy which personally I find quite laughable as that Porsche is a stripped down lightweight powerhouse with a tactile feel at the wheel that is probably not surpassed by anything on the market.
Old 27-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #13
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

You're a lucky man.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #14
HSE2

Quote:
I was not comparing this GT to a tarted up taxi, it is a supercar built from the ground up to be one and it succeeded. I was comparing Australian GTs to tarted up taxis. I don't really know how you could confuse that one.

That s easy

I didn't. I don't know why you would mention such a term when clearly this thread and picture has no reference to an Australian GT at all.

If both cars were parked side by side most people would overlook the Porsche and marvel at the purpose built GT as it screams supercar in any language.

I certainly wouldn't call the GT3 sissy but I understood the posters sentiment more than I understood yours. The Porsche looks like any other Porsche while the GT looks like no other.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'

Last edited by HSE2; 27-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 27-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #15
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:

Geeeeez, remind me to never post up my own opinion in any of your threads!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Geeeeez, remind me to never post up my own opinion in any of your threads!

I had that reaction as well. I toned down my reply as it’s not worth wrecking a thread. I don't think he realises how his comments read.

You get that with the written word. Move on
Old 27-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #17
mcnews
Trev

Maybe I over reacted, but I do laugh when tarted up taxi owners (me included) call a Porsche sissy.

The GT3 is more animal and more alive than just about any car you can buy and sounds just unbelievable when you sink the boot in, has valves that open up and let the full war cry bellow from the pipes above about 4000rpm, absolutely sensational. A truly unbelievable package that is so polished yet so epic that words are just not enough to describe the sheer brilliance of the car.
Old 27-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
Transfiguring R

Any chance you'll write up a little comparison once you've handed the GT back then, mcnews?
Old 27-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #19
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you write this up just to brag? obviously you did.

I would too!

so jealous!!!

What does the supercar club cost?
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
mcnews
Trev

To have a bit of a laugh maybe, lol.

Details on club here - www.supercarclub.com.au

I might take the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera next, then the 911 Turbo, then the Aston Martin.

They are adding a Vermillion Fire XY GTHO Phase III to the fleet later this year too.
Old 27-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #21
Rob
Living the dream

Do your points reset at all? Or do you have to pay the whole amount again?

Still a cheap way to experience supercar ownership.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
ltd
Force Fed Fords

McNews, you are one lucky son of a _____!!!!!!!!!
Besides a DB9 that is my dream car.
Let us know what you think.

Quote: