Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-05-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
Coupes and More
Formerly HAMFIST

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The work he does and the quality for his age is inspiring. keeps me always looking at his thread and a lot of people seem to get a better understanding on how to do things and what can be saved by his photo full threads 
Default whats the story behing all the XYs and valiants on the rack at U-PULL-IT lonsdale?

whats the story behing all the XYs and valiants on the rack at U-PULL-IT lonsdale? for as long as i have been going to u-pull-it lonsdale in SA there has been a whole pile of xys xws xbs and valiants in there on a rack 2cars high. i would love to know the story behind them and what is happening with them? and why won't the owners sell them?

Coupes and More is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #2
Coupes and More
Formerly HAMFIST

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The work he does and the quality for his age is inspiring. keeps me always looking at his thread and a lot of people seem to get a better understanding on how to do things and what can be saved by his photo full threads 

well ill kick this of with all i kno. so far all i know is that the bloke who runs and owns the u-pull-it yards both north and south in his southern yard there are a whole pile of x-series fords along with valiants out in the open along with a heaps of hard to get bits on the racks aswell next to the cars, ive herd that he doesnt sell the cars but i have seen someone getting one so who knows but apparently these cars witch are pritty good in many respects are the crappy ones and hes saposidly to have a huge pile of smic ones in a black out warehouse in lonsdale somewere all id like to know is what is he doing with them and what is the truth behind it all. all of this is stuff ive heard from people so i carn't garente weather or not its true
Coupes and More is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMFIST
well ill kick this of with all i kno. so far all i know is that the bloke who runs and owns the u-pull-it yards both north and south in his southern yard there are a whole pile of x-series fords along with valiants out in the open along with a heaps of hard to get bits on the racks aswell next to the cars, ive herd that he doesnt sell the cars but i have seen someone getting one so who knows but apparently these cars witch are pritty good in many respects are the crappy ones and hes saposidly to have a huge pile of smic ones in a black out warehouse in lonsdale somewere all id like to know is what is he doing with them and what is the truth behind it all. all of this is stuff ive heard from people so i carn't garente weather or not its true
Why not ask the guy that owns them? Anything else is just more "stuff I've heard from people so I can't guarantee whether or not its true"
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your spot on, they are the owner of U-pull's own vehicles. He wont sell or wreck any of them and yes he has another shed with his better cars.

Makes a fortune too.
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #5
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've always had a good look while at U-pull it thinking someones a lucky bastard, its obvious it was the owners cars otherwise they'd be out in the yard. Then who would be that stupid to put cars like that out knowing what they are. The sight of them all up there on them racks reminds me of them photo's of them barnyard finds
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #6
HP-0351
1409hp 1190lb.ft 18psi...

anyone got pics?

The Daily 2003 BA GT Falcon http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367185

The Weekender: 1971 Twin Turbo XY Falcon
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....=twin+turbo+xy
HP-0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #7
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

If you owned a wrecking yard and someone bought in an XY of any description, you probably wouldn't let people strip parts from it. At the same time though....lucky you-know-what..
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly. That's why they're there.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I know of a guy up here in Cairns who owns a yard which sells old spares from X-series, etc etc. Bloke owns a genuine XW GT...

Has a whole bunch of shells apprently and won't part with any of them!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
CHARGED TERRA
TARMAC EATER & HSV BEATER

Thats all i got. LOL

CHARGED TERRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love u-pullit its like my favorite place in the whole wide world.

Well after sex...
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #12
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Where is this PLACE called sex?? lol :

Previously:
2009 Ford Focus - "The Bubble Car"
2002 Ford Futura Wagon - "The Big White Wagon"
1996 Ford Falcon - "Ophelia"
1975 Jaguar XJ6 - "The Beast"
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2fairmont
I love u-pullit its like my favorite place in the whole wide world.

Well after sex...
lol the amount Ive saved at that place is phenomenal. For example after ringing around a bunch of wreckers for my hyundai's master control switch the cheapest price was $130. Went to U-pull it and as I was walking after not finding the model there, the forklift drives out with the exact car I was chasing. Pulled it out and got it for 10 bucks as well as a top set of wheels and tires non re treads for $80
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post