Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
SE Ute

Default Ever complained to a company about the driving of one of their employees??

I won't go into details of the incident, don't want to start a road rage debate. But nearly got cleaned up by an angry bloke being an idiot this morning in a sign written company vehicle. Reasonable sized business, must have a few vehicles, see them about a bit. They didn't have a "report my driving" sticker on the back or anything, like Telstra and a few big businesses do.

I'm having a bit of an ethical dilemma here, wondering whether to contact the company and have a whinge. I don't think i'd dob anyone in to the hoon hotline, just because i don't agree with the principle of it, the police should be policing, not the public. Is dobbing someone into their employer any better?? Obviously, if you're being an idiot in a sign written company vehicle, you're obviously not real bright, and are asking for it.

Has anyone ever dobbed someone in?? Did anything come of it?? Has anyone ever been dobbed in, in their company car?? Did you get fired, or get a stern talking too??

Just wondering what might happen..

SE Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Ive definateyl considered dobbing people in, but couldnt be stuffed in the end

But when im in a company vehicle i dont act a idiot for this reason, and ive expected a complaint before (was carry cash and a suspiscios person approached me so i took off quickly and almost run over a pedestrian)

But i say go for it! the guy is dumb enough to do it when he is easily noticed!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
alecrain
'03 BA XT

Cool

I'd report him - who knows maybe one day he'll kill someone.
Being an idiot in your private car is one thing but doing that in a company car (with a company logo) you're representing them, if I was the boss I'd like to know about those incidents.

I've read somewhere here on AFF about a member who almost got run over at a servo by a local pizza delivery boy and drove to the shop and talked to the boss- I think the kid won't be doing that any more.

Beautiful Photography Blog

2003 BA XT
IMPCO SVI - TYPHOON CAI +XR6T snorkel - K&N Panel Filter - DBA Slotties - Tint

1998 Toyota Landcruiser Prado

www.bseries.com.au/alecrain

Quote:
People that drive slower than ME are BAD DRIVERS,
People that drive faster are IDIOTS
alecrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends what the person did, major sideways action, long burnouts then yeah but when I first got my take home work car (old hilux) I was still getting used to driving a manual (only got my p's a couple days before) and there were a couple of accidental burnouts, and the tyres still screetch no matter how slow I go through most roundabouts, not sideways though but Im sure everyone thinks Im being stupid. I also have to really rev the guts off it to get moving in first with a tonne in the back and really give it to it to get up even slight hills. Depends how menial the action was really, but I think most people are not stupid enough to purposefully do stupid crap in a signwritten vehicle.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Karnage
Finger Painter

I'd say report it to the company, After all while they are driving that vehicle they are representing the company. No different to getting bad service, or abused by an employee in a shop
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have reported a driver for driving erratically and was thanked by the owner of the business. I was'nt going to at first but as others have said they are representing the company and next time the end result may have end differently. If i was driving erratically i would expect the same to happen to me. I know of 2 collegues that have been reported and counseled.
I was reported once in my previous position for throwing a burning cigarette out of the window, funny thing was, is that i have never smoked. When the office manager asked for contact details to follow up, the person hung up.
All it takes is one vindictive person to cause a bit of grief, but if they are genuine they should be prepared to leave at least a contact no.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

If a guy driving a work car got into an accident and he was hurt, would he be able to receive work cover...even if it was his fault?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
Scott

I was dropped in once, I still maintain my innocence in the matter. Was an incident with a woman who didn't know how to use a dual lane roundabout and when she crossed the white line to turn right in front of me I tooted her hit the anchors.

She reported me and whilst it went down fine at work, it could have sewn the wrong seed in my employers mind and then I would forever have been the erratic lunatic if I got so much as a low level speeding fine.

If its bad enough for you to dob on someone, do it to the correct authority and don't screw with their employment.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I was cut off by a bus in a very bad way and almost got run into a wall by a bus belonging to a local private bus company.

It was very dangerous. I had the option of following the bus to its next stop and abuse him, or call the company to report him.

I was leaving for a 5 week holiday the following day, so called anyway, seeing as he may have been reported before.

The person on the phone took details and was interested in what I had to say. They said they would call back but never did.

I would call the company just in case the driver has had a pattern of reported bad driving, your call may be the 'last chance' he has just blown.

Cheers
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
xr6fa

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute
I won't go into details of the incident, don't want to start a road rage debate. But nearly got cleaned up by an angry bloke being an idiot this morning in a sign written company vehicle. Reasonable sized business, must have a few vehicles, see them about a bit. They didn't have a "report my driving" sticker on the back or anything, like Telstra and a few big businesses do.

I'm having a bit of an ethical dilemma here, wondering whether to contact the company and have a whinge. I don't think i'd dob anyone in to the hoon hotline, just because i don't agree with the principle of it, the police should be policing, not the public. Is dobbing someone into their employer any better?? Obviously, if you're being an idiot in a sign written company vehicle, you're obviously not real bright, and are asking for it.

Has anyone ever dobbed someone in?? Did anything come of it?? Has anyone ever been dobbed in, in their company car?? Did you get fired, or get a stern talking too??

Dob the basterd in!!!!.
xr6fa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I should. I drive home for lunch every day, and every day I see the same rep for the local Aboriginal mob tail gating within arms reach and jumping in and out of traffic, again within arms reach of other cars. A black BF wagon with the logos all over it, kind of stand outs.. yet complaining I dare say will fall on deaf ears.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:04 AM   #12
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

On Melbourne cup day 2007 their was a trailer from a semi sitting in the middle of the road on the Gold Coast, couldn't believe my eyes. I took a couple of pictures that are on my old phone which I can upload once I find them. I didn't so much complain, I more-so advise the company that a 12m trailer was sitting in the middle of a main road.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #13
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Yep, guilty. I dobbed in a driver that passed me over double white lines. Their small white car was completely over the other side of the road. The government employer rang me back several weeks later and advised that the driver had been reprimanded. A district nurse should know better.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #14
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends on what happened ,but dobbing is a little unaustralian,nobody likes a dobber
XR2DOOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
MAD
Petro-sexual

Driving like an absolute f'wit is more un Australian. I'm sure most members of AFF have a high tolerance for peoples driving styles, so if the thought to dob someone in is there, the driving must have been really bad/dangerous.

The style that ****es me off the most is the tailgating and lane changing that seems to have the attitude that everyone is in HIS way to get home. I really want to run them into a tree sometimes.

I've dobbed a guy in once for some really bad tailgating lane changing, and reported another the police another for some seriously 'affected' driving.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go for it...

I made comments to our transport manager about 2 of our drivers on the road in past.

One got a warning and the other got sacked.

Nothing worse for a company trying to keep a clean image, but having morons tarnishing it for them.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #17
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Well if you owned a company and had a few cars that you let your employees drive, you wouldnt exactly want them flogged around.

So yeah i'd say go for it, like it may of just been a general accident maybe the ute had bald tyres and slipped out on a roundabout, but its up to you to determine it.
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #18
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Go for it. I they're stupid enough to drive like an idiot with a company name all ofer the Car/Truck/Bus they deserve it.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a mate that owns a glazing buisness with the company name & No. on the ute. He was speeding down the M1 one morning and recieved a call from another motorist that asked if they had some sort of special licence and then started to tell him about one of his employees speeding down the highway. Then his reply was that the driver was on his last warning and that was it, he was sack. To the other driver disbelieve. But hey one way to fob of a complaining driver. But Karma got him back when he lost his licence to speeding.
You can complain but will they just fob you off? Give it a go.

2004 BA MKI Tradesman Ute 1 tonner in Vibe
Tinted windows, Alloy scuff plates.
The rest is still stock as a rock
www.bseries.com.au/2fishingdogs

2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #20
SE Ute

Thanks for all the replies folks, you've talked me into it.
I've got an email address for the business, think i might just shoot off a short message highlighting this chaps behaviour. See what comes of it, i've calmed down a bit since yesterday, but still think the chap could do with a reminder about taking care on the road.
He wasn't really hooning, just being careless and dangerous, and not acknowledging his error. If he'd given me a "sorry" wave instead of the finger, i would have still been shaken, but probably would have moved on.
Going by his attitude at the time, i doubt he's learnt anything from what happened, and i worry if he did it again, there could be a much worse outcome. He might still be an idiot in his own car, but at least he might think twice in the work ute.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
SE Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR2DOOR
depends on what happened ,but dobbing is a little unaustralian,nobody likes a dobber
Yeah, yeah, i know, as i was told back in primary school - "dibber dobbers wear nappies."
Thankfully i don't think Huggies make any in my size... :
Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #22
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was once driving in a 100 km/h zone doing that speed and an ABC learing van went flying past. There were no kids in vehicle at the time, so i just called the number on the van and asked to speak to the manager to whom I reported the idiot driver. If kids had been in the car I would have just called the police as well
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #23
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

I used to drive a Delivery van with the logo down the side, if our employer got a call saying we were driving irresponsibly or dangerously etc, then whoever was driving at the time would find work a bit slow for the next few weeks and would be told off by the Boss.
If you lose a week or 2s worth of work it'll certainty make you think about how you drive and represent the company.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #24
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Yes there are idiots on the road BUT if someone is in a hurry !!
I let them go.. You don't know it could be a nurse or doctor on way to save some one.. I once got call to help my niece out of a swimming pool.. I was 1 klr away.. Did I worry about speed limit NO..
My son when he was 4 month's old had febrile convulsions!! Did I care about speed limits to take him to hospital ?? Did I care about suspension driving over medium strips?? No.. He had stopped breathing and mrs was giving him resus.. So don't be too critical and let them go...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #25
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Yes there are idiots on the road BUT if someone is in a hurry !!
I let them go.. You don't know it could be a nurse or doctor on way to save some one.. I once got call to help my niece out of a swimming pool.. I was 1 klr away.. Did I worry about speed limit NO..
My son when he was 4 month's old had febrile convulsions!! Did I care about speed limits to take him to hospital ?? Did I care about suspension driving over medium strips?? No.. He had stopped breathing and mrs was giving him resus.. So don't be too critical and let them go...
Big difference to someone in a hurry and someone in a hurry being stupid.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Big difference to someone in a hurry and someone in a hurry being stupid.
As I said there are idiots out there..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #27
jcxr
Tribal Elder

[QUOTE=ebxr8240]Yes there are idiots on the road BUT if someone is in a hurry !!
My son when he was 4 month's old had febrile convulsions!! Did I care about speed limits to take him to hospital ?? Did I care about suspension driving over medium strips?? No.. He had stopped breathing and mrs was giving him resus.. So don't be too critical and let them go...[/QUOTE This is why we have Ambulances!
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #28
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
On Melbourne cup day 2007 their was a trailer from a semi sitting in the middle of the road on the Gold Coast, couldn't believe my eyes. I took a couple of pictures that are on my old phone which I can upload once I find them. I didn't so much complain, I more-so advise the company that a 12m trailer was sitting in the middle of a main road.
Curious, have its hazards on or triangles out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
Driving like an absolute f'wit is more un Australian. I'm sure most members of AFF have a high tolerance for peoples driving styles, so if the thought to dob someone in is there, the driving must have been really bad/dangerous.
I'd suggest 'bad driving' is all quite deliberate by a large percentage of people, a way of 'getting back' at the society around them in part. Its a national pastime if you like...
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #29
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute

Yep done it a few times. I simply point my phone at the vehicle, take a pic, ring the company and email (via the phone) the evidence. I really get narky when I have big trucks behaving like they have a bit part in Vanishing Point, but they back right off when my arm comes out the window with phone in hand.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #30
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i really hope you are the passenger when taking the pics or have pulled over ie not driving at the time the pic was taken

if you didnt that makes you as bad as the other driver of said vehicle

Wally have you have just admited to breaking the law mate

not a good thing on a public forum

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post