Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Default why are people so stupid

Doing skids infront of an unmaked cop car hmm ok but having 3 people hiding in the tray aswell thats just really dumb
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-29277,00.html

Quote:
A P-PLATE driver has had his ute confiscated after police allegedly caught him performing "donuts" with seven other passengers in the vehicle.
The 19-year-old driver allegedly performed two donuts and then fishtailed a further 100m down the road in front of an unmarked NSW Police car at Jamisontown in western Sydney just before 9pm (AEDT) yesterday.

Officers stopped the car and saw there were four passengers in the dual cab as well as the driver.
Penrith Duty Officer Harry Goedings said police then found three youths lying in the rear open tray of the ute under a tarp.

"The officers were amazed to find there were eight people travelling in a vehicle which is licensed to carry five," he said.

"There was a significant risk and danger to the unrestrained young people of being thrown from the vehicle while it was eing driven in this way."

The driver has had his ute and licence confiscated and is due to appear in Penrith Local Court on February 26.

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

What an idiot. And P-Platers complain about all the rules imposed on them. Idiots like that are why there is those rules.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a its guys like this that give the rest of us p platers a bad name
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
What an idiot. And P-Platers complain about all the rules imposed on them. Idiots like that are why there is those rules.
just because theres a minority of idiots out there doing stupid things in cars doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer the consequences.
Old 31-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Should lose his right to drive any vehicle for 5 years. Throw in a decent fine for the fun of it as well.

Show his dumb sorry looking face as the judge passes judgment, on the news, on one of those 'shock tactic' TV ads... Use him as an example..

Wonder how many people will think twice next time??
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

i reckon for incidents like this they should be forced to 'buy' back their license, for say $10,000 ??!!??

will make them think thrice next time.
Old 31-01-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
just because theres a minority of idiots out there doing stupid things in cars doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer the consequences.

you think the govt can taylor make rules to suit all situations?? 1 rule for all has always been the way and always will be regardless of age. most rules are set by the lowest denominator too, so yes.. everyone suffers due to the mentally challenged.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
We all suffer the consequences of idiots when laws are concerned, so don't think for a second that P platers are the only ones affected by stupid people.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #9
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry maybe i didn't word myself properly, for example, because a few idiots couldn't drive sensibly in a V8 or turbo doesn't mean everyone under 20 should be banned from driving them, instead of introducing restrictions they should teach people to handle that sort of power. Getting on your opens and buying a V8 is just the same as getting on your p's and buying one, you still wont be able to handle the power of the car and will most likely wrap it around a tree anyway, yes you will hopefully be a more mature driver but people mature at different rates and a blanket rule wont suit everyone.

Most other rules i agree with, no passengers between 11pm and 5am, zero bac etc.

For some there just isn't hope at all, like this tool, no matter what he's always going to be a dangerous driver unless he faces harsher consequences.
Old 31-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry maybe i didn't word myself properly, for example, because a few idiots couldn't drive sensibly in a V8 or turbo doesn't mean everyone under 20 should be banned from driving them, instead of introducing restrictions they should teach people to handle that sort of power. Getting on your opens and buying a V8 is just the same as getting on your p's and buying one, you still wont be able to handle the power of the car and will most likely wrap it around a tree anyway, yes you will hopefully be a more mature driver but people mature at different rates and a blanket rule wont suit everyone.

Most other rules i agree with, no passengers between 11pm and 5am, zero bac etc.

For some there just isn't hope at all, like this tool, no matter what he's always going to be a dangerous driver unless he faces harsher consequences.
Its the lack of maturity that leads to poor driver attitude and behavior that's the problem.... not weather they are trained to handle the power of the vehicle... Banning inexperienced young people from high powered cars reduces the results of temptation and immaturity.

Old 31-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
NYTEYZ

Personally i think you shouldn't be able to get your P's without first completing a defensive driving course. But then thats just my 2c
NYTEYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTEYZ
Personally i think you shouldn't be able to get your P's without first completing a defensive driving course. But then thats just my 2c
That's all good and well but how would a defensive driver coarse stop this kind of stupidity in a car?

Old 31-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Its the lack of maturity that leads to poor driver attitude and behavior that's the problem.... not weather they are trained to handle the power of the vehicle... Banning inexperienced young people from high powered cars reduces the results of temptation and immaturity.
But what I want to know is how being restricted to a four cylinder for four years is making someone mature. So what you are saying is that a driver can instantly become mature in the space of one day? Last day of P plates - immature driver, first day of opens - mature driver.

It's about education, which unfortunately no-one seems to care about. It's cheaper to let the uneducated kids die it seems.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
But what I want to know is how being restricted to a four cylinder for four years is making someone mature. So what you are saying is that a driver can instantly become mature in the space of one day? Last day of P plates - immature driver, first day of opens - mature driver.

It's about education, which unfortunately no-one seems to care about. It's cheaper to let the uneducated kids die it seems.
4 years of maturity as a person is better than none...
Again, education is all good and well but im sure even this person knows what he was doing is stupid and dangerous... how would more education avert his lack of maturity and poor decision making? Im sure this kid knows full well what he was doing..

Old 31-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #15
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

maybe they should do a shock tactic when they get there P's or L's and show them the consequences of driving like a idiot with no brains. Show them pictures of cars that have been totaled by people driving stupidly and how it affected the driver and the families of those that were involved in the incidents. Not graphical pictures with blood but enough to make them think twice every time they jump behind the wheel.
My 5 cents :-) by the way I'm still on my P's.
I've been caught for speeding twice once because i didn't see a 50 sign and was doing 60 still. the other time i was rushing to the hospital in a panic doing 130 in 100 zone. I took it calmly as i knew i was in the wrong. But say now if i lost my licence i would not be able to drive my car as it has a V8 in it because of a bunch of brainless idiots drag racing and doing idiotic things and crashing and killing people. Where is the justice there?
Say 10,000 thousand P platers are the cause. The other say 400,000+ are paying the price.
I think it should be get caught drag racing,donuts, fishing on public roads should be 2 year ban of licence and car impounded and sold at auctions. wouldn't that make people think once it started happening?
Old 31-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #16
JetBlack351
Hear me rumble......

just thought i'd add ive been driving for 5 years march this year. yeah i know i was lazy and didn't get off my red P's for ages.
Old 31-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
gtfpv
GT

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DUMB ??? HMMMMM lets see , i don't know . but i've been asking myself that question for years here everytime people denigh that SPEEDING KILLS. we can only conclude that many many many people are DUMB.

Last edited by gtfpv; 31-01-2009 at 04:21 PM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Sorry maybe i didn't word myself properly, for example, because a few idiots couldn't drive sensibly in a V8 or turbo doesn't mean everyone under 20 should be banned from driving them, instead of introducing restrictions they should teach people to handle that sort of power.
Why does an under 20 year old require a powerful car?

To drive one it's prudent to have maturity and experience on our roads. Many lack the first one and all of them lack the second one.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #19
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Spot on, this is really kids being kids.

I'd love to come on here "those bloody idiots". But then I think back 20 years ago I was fish tailing up a dirt road at 60km/h with a mate on the bonnet of my $500 car holding on the the windscreen wipers. After 5 minutes I turned the wiper on!!! Me and my other mate in the front seat thought that it was hilarious...we were 17. Could have ended tragically....

lack of maturity.....simple
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #20
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People are stupid because society today rewards stupidity.

You do something stupid, you sue somebody for now allowing you to be stupid, and you get many dollars, allowing you to continue being stupid.

Here's a forwarded email I received...make up your mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Society's Stupidity
Stella Awards

It's time again for the annual "Stella Awards"! For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico where she purchased the coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving. Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right?

That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head. So keep your head scratcher handy. Here are the Stella's for the past year:

7TH PLACE:
Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own son.

6TH PLAC E:
Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles, California won $74,000 plus medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

5TH PLACE:
Terrence Dickson, of Bristol, Pennsylvania, who was leaving a house he had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson, the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the garage door to open. Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it shut.
Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT, days on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming undue mental Anguish.

Amazingly, the jury said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish. We should all have this kind of anguish.

4TH PLACE
Jerry Williams, of Little Rock, Arkansas, garnered 4th Place in the Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. Williams did not get as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet gun.

3RD PLACE:
Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pennsylvania because a jury ordered a Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument. What ever happened to people being responsible for their own actions?
2ND PLACE:
Kara Walton, of Claymont, Delaware sued the owner of a night club in a nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor, knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000....oh, yeah, plus dental expenses. Go figure.

1ST PLACE:
(May I have a fanfare played on 50 kazoos please)
This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich.

Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned.
Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set.

The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down, $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor hom e. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just incase Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.

Are we, as a society, getting more stupid...?

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #21
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't believe they won! Surely they've got to have some commonsense!
Old 31-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #22
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp

To drive one it's prudent to have maturity and experience on our roads. Many lack the first one and all of them lack the second one.
Why does an over 20 year old require a powerful car? None of us "need" powerful cars, we just want them

Anyways, I'd hardly consider a V8 a "powerful car". Fair enough the ban on forced induction and the new tighter power to weight ratio law, the passenger restrictions, but the 8 or more cylinder rule is a bit on the whacko side I think. I can drive an FG Falcon, but I can't drive that old Ford F100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

People do stupid things when they are young, it hasent changed its just getting reported more (internet etc). I did a lot of stupid things when i first got my license, but i'd like to think that i've now grown into a mature and safe driver.

People need to be punished for doing irresponsible things on the road, but unless they've illustrated a consisted disregard for the rules they dont need to be fined $10,000, suspended for 5 years etc.

Education is the answer, however that tends to cost governments money rather than make them money.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
loosey

Quote:

I was about 20 when I bought my skyline. I think if a young person buys a performance car with THEIR hard earned they instantly inherit the respect that comes with owning a powerful car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DUMB ??? HMMMMM lets see , i don't know . but i've been asking myself that question for years here everytime people denigh that SPEEDING KILLS. we can only conclude that many many many people are DUMB.
I disagree with YOUR opinion, does that make me dumb? At least I can spell deny. You know what they say though, opinions are like s..
loosey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #25
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
Education is the answer, however that tends to cost governments money rather than make them money.
I am not sure if education is "the answer". If it were that simple, the government would actually invest.

We've been trying to "educate" my brother on how not to be a rude who abuses his family for years, but we can't teach him anything.

How many of the hoons on the road drove oh-so-safely during their driving text to acquire their probationary license?

You can "teach" people all you want, but that doesn't mean they'll learn.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #26
pottsy44

Quote:

same could be said that why does a 40 year old need a powerful car? hmm? its not like we need powerful cars is it? but we all like them.

btw i am older than 20 (21 albeit) and drive a BA XR8.
pottsy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #27
pottsy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
Why does an over 20 year old require a powerful car? None of us "need" powerful cars, we just want them

Anyways, I'd hardly consider a V8 a "powerful car". Fair enough the ban on forced induction and the new tighter power to weight ratio law, the passenger restrictions, but the 8 or more cylinder rule is a bit on the whacko side I think. I can drive an FG Falcon, but I can't drive that old Ford F100.
sorry just realised i said what this guy said :
pottsy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #28
homegrown
hotshot

I don't think whether the car is powerful or not is the problem here. You can do stupid things in any pile. I learnt in a V8 and my first car was a V8. If anything I behaved more on the road because Ive grown up with my dad owning V8s and he has passed on what stupid things can do to ruin the car reputation.
Don't get me wrong we love cars, burnouts, drag racing but not in public. Everytime at the end of a car show we video tape the cars leaving at the end of the day. and as always there's there's people egging on for burnouts and some give in. My dad always said to me "I hope when thats you leaving a car show you've got the balls to ignore them."
But then not everyone had an upbringing to appreciate cars and thats where the minority ruin it for everyone else.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #29
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsy44
same could be said that why does a 40 year old need a powerful car? hmm? its not like we need powerful cars is it? but we all like them.

btw i am older than 20 (21 albeit) and drive a BA XR8.
Granted. However, as a 20 year road user I prefer them being in the hands of experienced drivers rather than your average P plater. There really is very little need for a 40yr old to drive an F6 but there's a lot less need for a 20 year old driving one.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #30
gtfpv
GT

so true these posts. i'm not likely to have a friend knocking on my window at 2am saying that him and others have just found an industrial race circuit, then jump out the window and go wheel spinning and fishtailing in the rain till i lose control and end up doing a few 360s stopping just short sideways of a telegraph pole .
buit i was very likely to do this when 17.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post