Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
wyld250
Starter Motor

Default dodgy repair

Hi there, i got my f100 serviced today and the hand/foot brake adjusted and a oil leak fixed, As soon as i drive off i hear the strangest clicking noise, it lasted all the way home, i thought it might have been the brake they fixed. But when i pulled up to my mates to get his help to find it he noticed 2 nuts missing from the drivers side, which is the side of the noise.

the thread looks munted and now i dont know what to do, if i take it in and tell them to fix it they will just say it was already like that and they had nothing to do with it. any advice? to adjust the handbrake does the tire have to come off?

wyld250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
mikestp
EF Ghia

Take it back,

Last edited by Laminge; 14-11-2008 at 02:40 PM.
mikestp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
FPV GT40
Banned

Why do people insist on driving away from a car service with strange noises coming from the car???? You stated you heared the noise as soon as you drove off??????So its your fault as much as the mechanics, why would you keep driving????Why would you take it to a mates place to get him to check it out rather than straight back to the person you just handed your cash to????

I would have driven up the road, done a U turn and taken it straight back....too late now, could have been anyone that done it, they might still fix it, you never know till you try.....

By the way what is munted????

A mates wife got her car serviced, when she was a few hundred meters up the road after picking the car up, and all the dash warning lights came on....instead of taking it straight back she insisted on driving it home, half way home the engine seized.....the machanic had forgotten to refill the radiator, and she fried the motor....The machanic was happy to provide 5 liters of coolant when my mate got there.....saying quite rightly why would you keep driving after the engine warning light came on??? He tried taking legal action but had no chance, as she was to blame for the motor seizing..
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #4
Windsor220
Now Fordless

If they have a hole in the back of the drum then they wouldnt need to take off the wheel. Hard to believe someone could be that dodgy and stuff 2 wheels nuts and not atleast tell you.

Even if 2 nuts were off it shouldnt click.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #5
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT40
By the way what is munted????
munted
(1) adj. refers to the property of an object (or person) as broken, ruined, significantly damaged, disfigured or deformed, often to the extent that it is not reversable or repairable.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
wyld250
Starter Motor

they were closed and waiting for me to get the car before they left, then i spent 5 minutes convincing my apprentice to drive the car we arrived in home, cos he has trouble driving a manual. So by the time i noticed i couldnt take it back there was no one there. munted = rooted
Old 14-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #7
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyld250
they were closed and waiting for me to get the car before they left, then i spent 5 minutes convincing my apprentice to drive the car we arrived in home, cos he has trouble driving a manual. So by the time i noticed i couldnt take it back there was no one there. munted = rooted
I'd be more concerned that your apprentice can't drive a manual;)

It could be that the thread was destroyed the last time the nut was put on but it's strange that they didn't call you and tell you about it during the day.

It shouldn't be an overly expensive job to replace the studs.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torxteer
munted
(1) adj. refers to the property of an object (or person) as broken, ruined, significantly damaged, disfigured or deformed, often to the extent that it is not reversable or repairable.
Cool, never ever heared that word before......just goes to show you never stop learning......
Old 14-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #9
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
That explains it, I would call them first thing in the morning then, or be waiting on the door step when they open up tomorow....
Old 14-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #10
wyld250
Starter Motor

thanks guys, i will let you know how i go tomoro.
Old 14-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #11
EFFII

Go back and say you noticed it as soon as you left but you were in a rush, they should be able to help you out if there not dogs about it.
GL
EFFII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the thread looks munted and now i dont know what to do, if i take it in and tell them to fix it they will just say it was already like that and they had nothing to do with it. any advice?
In reply to that say "So you released my car back to me after observing it was missing 2 wheels nuts - don't you think notifying me of this problem would be considered normal practice for a professional mechanic? Or was it caused by one of your mechanics who just decided to cover up his bad work?"
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #13
wyld250
Starter Motor

you wouldnt believe it but i noticed some oil appearing in my driveway again so i had a look under the bonnet.... Oil is pooling still on the inlet manifold, even though they changed the manifold gaskets and rocker cover gaskets.... just keeps getting worse.