Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Eastern Creek Raceway commissions $350,000 enhancement feasibility study with an eye

Eastern Creek Raceway commissions $350,000 enhancement feasibility study with an eye towards F1

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive..._expansion.htm

Old 28-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
XR8putts

They're spending $350,000 into the study of feasibility right?

As a soon to be registered architect, that seems very expensive..

EDIT: just read the link properly and yep that sounds about right. Exciting news indeed..
XR8putts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
spudte

350,000 for a study isnt too bad. Considering the money they would need to be spending its probably cheap. Nothing worse than spending 20 odd million then finding that no-one wants to use it!
Old 28-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They'd be better off spending the money fixing the toxic mounds and lousy circuit drainage before even thinking about F1.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
MRJUCY
Fordless

They've fixed the mounds & I think the drainage has been improved but it's still the slipperiest place on earth when it rains but race tracks usually are.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

This is a great step forward. Makes alot of sense to me to have the F1 at a permanent venue than spend 20million annually to create the Albert Park circuit.

Spend a one-off 20-50 million, and from what i've heard $30million, on the reconfiguration of the track and improvement of the facilities and it could really be a venue that we could all be proud of.

One of the requirements for an F1 track is i believe 4.2km length. So the current track will need about 750m added. Having a dual circuit would be great too. Allows them to effectively or at least potentially double their income from track days etc.

I guess we should also be proud of the ARDC for making annual profits since 2000 whilst the government weren't able to do so.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody hell. I wish the W.A. Government would spend some money on a race track here.
The Supercar Committee said to the W.A. Government If you dont spend money on your track including facilities and pits then The V8's will not be visiting Perth ANYMORE.
And so the government paid no attention at all.
Weve lost the Rally Australia, lost the V8's, oh well at least were blessed with a new drag strip and speedway I guess.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

If they want the G.P. i.m.o. they'll have to get their act together regarding wheelchair access. Adelaide was and Melbourne is 1st class.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post