Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Third party property damage insurance

Hello all,

I just did a quote through the AAMI website, and it says it costs $195 a year for a 17 year old male? Is this right? The excess for my age and sex though are $700 so I suppose. Can anyone recommend any cheaper agencies that cover tasmania aswell? I dont need cover for my car, just that it will be used during the day for work purposes and it's one less thing for me to stress about. Thanks

Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
Kryton

make sure its fire and theft as well.
you do realise that if your car is crashed, it will not be fixed?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do I need fire and theft? The basis of it is: I've got access to other cars if worst thing happened. I just wouldnt want to have to buy myself another car aswell as paying to fix someone elses. I've seen small dents that cost $5k to fix on new cars, that's 5 times what my car owes me.
Old 27-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woah thats cheap as, i was looking at a 1996 EF Falcon GLi factory 5 speed and it said $495 a year for 3rd party fire and theft i think it was. My dad pays $500 for full comp on his car. So unfair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Woah thats cheap as, i was looking at a 1996 EF Falcon GLi factory 5 speed and it said $495 a year for 3rd party fire and theft i think it was. My dad pays $500 for full comp on his car. So unfair.
Yeah, it's understandable though. All the VN driving teenage hoons on the mainland are to blame.
Old 27-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
asusdragon
BA Falcon XT

yeh i would say $195 would be bout right, but yeah your excess will be huge something like $1000 you will have a $250ish excess plus then a inexperiend driver excess. with the fire and theft only some company will do it now and only if the vechile is less then like $5000 i think. otherwise they just tell you to get comp

Quote:
If you can't fix it with a hammer. you're got an electrical problem
Quote:
You only need two tools in life - WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40, If it shouldnt move and does, use the duct tape
asusdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So it is $195/year then?
Old 27-04-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

You realise that an age excess is in addition to the standard excess. But yeah sounds about right.
Old 27-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #9
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asusdragon
yeh i would say $195 would be bout right, but yeah your excess will be huge something like $1000 you will have a $250ish excess plus then a inexperiend driver excess. with the fire and theft only some company will do it now and only if the vechile is less then like $5000 i think. otherwise they just tell you to get comp
I once insured a 2005 porche boxter for third party fire and theft....I made sure the owner knew the most the policy would pay out for fire or theft was $5000.00 and he still wanted it.