Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Bogus GT ID plates for sale

To the person who listed this ad in the "Just Parts" publication:

"Ford Falcon GT & GTHO reproduction ID plate. We can resurrect or make your replica genuine. Engine and chassis stamping services also available. Ask for Lincoln Tucker, The Replica Factory. Followed by my home and mobile numbers"

I have contacted the police, my lawyer and the publication. I know you are a member here as it is only here that I have used the term "The Replica Factory" and nowhere else, not even to friends. Aside from giving advice in other sections I only realy hang out in the project car section and you need to be a member for that. You have my contact details and address, how about you be man enough to front me, I would desperately love to have an EXTREMELY short chat with you face to face.

XYLINC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That's a dirty act, someone jealous of your work id imagine.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whats the motive for them to do that?
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Disgraceful.

Old 23-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
whats the motive for them to do that?
The motive would be to insinuate illegal ID plate modifications and in doing so discredit the company.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Is the Publication prepared to nominate the advertiser, or do they take adds from any one?

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would you believe that anyone can submit an ad, basically stating anything they want, they dont screen it and its a free ad so there is no traceable payment history. I cant believe its that easy to post up something like that!
Old 23-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
Josh L
Laser Driver?

WTF? That is mega fuxed. I know what you mean by short chat too! Bit of contact sign language. Drain em for they got mltucker. That's super crap.
Old 23-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

That's absolutely outrageous. Sorry to hear that, mate. However, I think the quality of your work speaks for itself - Don't take this stuff to heart.

If the person responsible can be identified, they should be named, shamed and banned. Amongst other things.

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #10
MR HO
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Disgraceful.
I second that.
MR HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
ImpGonads
Fart Poweredâ„¢

Mate tall poppy syndrome, it's disappointing to hear.
Old 23-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
Justin@
Banned

thats just not on mate, what have the police said about it?
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #13
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

People who do things like that need to go to prison, with a big hairy cellmate named Bubba...
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 06:21 PM   #14
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Absolutely disgraceful

Really disappointing that a fellow ford forum member could do such a thing

Sorry to hear that Lincoln

George
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #15
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC-383
thats just not on mate, what have the police said about it?
They said unless the other party personally gains from it there is nothing they can do. And as the only contact info is mine, I'm the only one to gain, if in fact I was doing ID plates etc. A law suite for defamation and slander is a different matter and if I find out who it is I will pursue that to its full extent regardless of the cost. Providing bodgy ID plates, restamping bodies and making genuine GT's out of non genuine cars is the cardinal sin of the GT world let alone highly illegal. I, like everyone else is paranoid about one day buying the genuine GT of my dreams only to find out later that its a rebody or something similar, and here I am being labelled as someone that provides that service.
Old 23-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #16
Justin@
Banned

Mate all of us here that know and follow your work have your back in this. If there is anything that we can do to help find the that has done it just let us know.
juz
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GL in catching the perpetrator.

Sad when people who provide a legitimate service are always the target for jealous little mosquitoes.

Hope all goes well on your side of the fence.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #18
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
That's absolutely outrageous. Sorry to hear that, mate. However, I think the quality of your work speaks for itself - Don't take this stuff to heart.

If the person responsible can be identified, they should be named, shamed and banned. Amongst other things.
agree with Nick on both parts.
If needed, the clevo Mafia offer a Face Stamping service ;)
Old 23-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #19
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltucker
To the person who listed this ad in the "Just Parts" publication:

"Ford Falcon GT & GTHO reproduction ID plate. We can resurrect or make your replica genuine. Engine and chassis stamping services also available. Ask for Lincoln Tucker, The Replica Factory. Followed by my home and mobile numbers"

I have contacted the police, my lawyer and the publication. I know you are a member here as it is only here that I have used the term "The Replica Factory" and nowhere else, not even to friends. Aside from giving advice in other sections I only realy hang out in the project car section and you need to be a member for that. You have my contact details and address, how about you be man enough to front me, I would desperately love to have an EXTREMELY short chat with you face to face.
I agree, an absolute jealous cowards thing to do!
The question surely must arise on what sort of publication this "Just Parts" is??... I mean, advertising "re-stamping engines and chassis"??? Do they also advertise vehicle re-birthing services, or bodgy rotating number plates?

Mltucker, I've followed your meticuolous rebuild projects in awe.. No-one could achieve the end result that you do without a complete, utter passion... a fairdinkum true love for the old bangers...
Please mate... Treat this with the contempt it deserves!... Let's not give this ar sehole the satisfaction. He's the loser here!...
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #20
Selwonk

so lincoln, you got any gt plates for sale huh huh(lol)
92 eb 2 i6 extractors 3''inch exhaust hi flo cat,xh tickford snorkel,t5 heavy duty clutch, 3.45 lsd ,dobinson s/lows, 16''roh milanos,DBA slotted rotors,in dash dvd flip out 7'',roof mount,front splits,12 carbon dvc sub,800w monoblock,h/d cabling and gold accessories,el ghia leather seats,au centre console,el door trims,custom number plates.
Selwonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #21
Selwonk

na seriously thats a pretty low act to pull on someone,hope you find the mongrel and sort them out!!
92 eb 2 i6 extractors 3''inch exhaust hi flo cat,xh tickford snorkel,t5 heavy duty clutch, 3.45 lsd ,dobinson s/lows, 16''roh milanos,DBA slotted rotors,in dash dvd flip out 7'',roof mount,front splits,12 carbon dvc sub,800w monoblock,h/d cabling and gold accessories,el ghia leather seats,au centre console,el door trims,custom number plates.
Selwonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 08:57 PM   #22
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people have been doing that for a very long time! alot of ricers get them on their lancers(ie base model to VRX) and such so they can use 18"+rims legally(non standard wheels can only be 2" larger then standard legally)

EDIT: sorry i didnt notice they put YOUR details and name in there! Why on earth would some body do that!! as people have said its disgraceful and defamatory! That kind of cowardly and malicious behaviour demands a whipping and quartering
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #23
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Absolutely disgraceful

Really disappointing that a fellow ford forum member could do such a thing

Sorry to hear that Lincoln

George
That's a bit naive. This forum is made up of members of society, and not all of society acts honestly.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #24
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

surely for someone to place an ad in a magazine they need proof of payment,maybe the magazine is just trying to throw you off hopeing it will just go away,
i only wish i had the talent you have in turning shite to sunshine, a dirty low act for sure,
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #25
XYLINC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
surely for someone to place an ad in a magazine they need proof of payment,maybe the magazine is just trying to throw you off hopeing it will just go away,
i only wish i had the talent you have in turning shite to sunshine, a dirty low act for sure,
Its a free ad apparently so no payment required and no procedure in place for checking the authenticity of an ad. Have just faxed a letter to the magazine.
Old 23-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #26
JMO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltucker
You have my contact details and address, how about you be man enough to front me, I would desperately love to have an EXTREMELY short chat with you face to face.
I think *fist* to face would be more fitting.
JMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #27
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Is there a link to the thread of your project? Seems like a lot of members are impressed with your work and I wouldn't mind having a look at the thread.

Whoever posted the add, such bad form. Karma's a %#^&*.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #28
mad cow
blue oval addict

i would be making the magazine post a full page explanation/apology on your behalf and /or a story about your buisinness to smooth over this sorry state of affairs, if they will not do this get a lawyer to threaten them with legal action as at the end of the day these guys are liable for what they print. After all this is your livelihood and reputation which is being ruined here, if you can get the apology/ feature out of them at least you can turn this into a bit of a positive.

ps , do you have any clue who the git is that did this to you? i would love to see him set straight.
mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #29
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

As the magazine aided and assisted the idiot behind the defamatory accusations made against you by publishing this crap, I'd be having a word to a good solicitor about suing the buggers and making them accountable for printing such libelous and defamatory rubbish.

Most ads are placed via fax or email, both are traceable in most cases.

Good luck in finding this rogue. The thing on your side now is that you are the hunter. I can smell the fear from your prey already...
Old 24-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #30
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

once u find out who it is, name and shame! name and shame!