Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Default Who can use Recycled Water .. Because we have heaps !

Gday Guys ..

At work , were currently Discussing the Amount of water we waste - Being that we deal with Ice , Its no easy to keep it Manageable sometimes and other times its just a PITA .

I was thinking if there were companys that Install Tanks at Workplaces and Empty them when Required?

Heres the Deal with 95% of our Wasted Water with Bells , Its from the 5kg Bags that Dont get Delivered , The Sit in Trucks and Melt - Turn to Water (As Ice does) and Get thrown Out ..

Couldnt Anyone have a Use for Filtered Clean Water thats just sitting in a Sterile Plastic Bag. WE could Fill a Shucltz Tank every 2 days ..

Ideas Please - Or if your Interested in Installing a Tank and picking if up ever so often .. Shoot me a Call or PM me ..

Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Filter it again, bottle it, stick on a label with a ****y new age name like Arctic Mint Lemon mineral water (with Guano), and flog it off cheap @ $2 for 600mls

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by troppo
Filter it again, bottle it, stick on a label with a ****y new age name like Arctic Mint Lemon mineral water (with Guano), and flog it off cheap @ $2 for 600mls
I'll take 6.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use rainwater for watering garden, flushing toilets and general car washing/kids mucking about etc. As a consequence I often find myself with an empty tank when it hasn't rained for a while. If you had a service that topped up rainwater tanks I'd use it. There's a money making idea for ya.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

I know its clean and filtered and whatever, but Id think there might be some health regs to be considered.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
schultzie
Just Images

ifi had a way of getting it out when i got home id take a bit.... great for washing car
Old 02-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
I know its clean and filtered and whatever, but Id think there might be some health regs to be considered.
Not if the water was being pumped from the 1000 litre tank on the back of a ute into someone's water tank.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #8
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Used as grey water, you will never have a problem... and yes, there are septic removers, and pumpable water tankers out there...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:22 AM   #9
IDT
Marko

Send it to me. The stuff that comes out of my taps is liquid lime not water
Old 03-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #10
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about the company sponsoring / supplying the water to a community project or the like. ? say a nature strip nearby or a old folks flower garden.

erect a sign, garden supported by xyz ice works recycled water program or something like that.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #11
amisupposed2b

Is there no local farms or anything around?
amisupposed2b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Its an industrial Area .. all we would need is someone to pick it up once in a while otherwise its fresh water down the drain

Old 03-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #13
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Offer to people to top up swimming pools?
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #14
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

We have asked Dandy Council if they want to leave a Tank for their Tree Watering Program , But they Declined...

Such a Waste ..

Old 03-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #15
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps a local sports ground may have water deliveries arranged - they can get their distributor to pick up free water and perhaps save some money.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #16
kooky
WRX terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR
We have asked Dandy Council if they want to leave a Tank for their Tree Watering Program , But they Declined...

Such a Waste ..
That is complete idiocy by the Dandenong Council :togo:

I would love some to wash my car!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heh, my school needs shitloads of water to keep the footy oval green, its got no grass on it and hard as a rock now. Problem is they're in debt and couldnt afford transportation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:33 AM   #18
amisupposed2b

its a damn shame especially in drought times...
amisupposed2b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #19
Vines5161

Quote:
Heh, my school needs shitloads of water to keep the footy oval green, its got no grass on it and hard as a rock now. Problem is they're in debt and couldnt afford transportation.
This sounds like it could be a sponsorship deal for some company. Speak to some water carters and offer them adverts in the school newsletter and a sign erected at the school.

It doesn't hurt to ask! Great opportunity to involve the press and get some good publicity for the company - ice maker and water carter and the school. Show the kids doing the watering, investigating ice making (the science etc) and how you are endeavouring to save water and do good things for the environment. Perhaps even get the local pollies involved if you have no luck, they are always after a good plug.
Vines5161 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #20
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Dudes , Our work would be more than Helpful to do this .. They Provide the Water - But the Schools must provide the Tank and Cartage

Old 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #21
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2PWR

Such a Waste ..
thats because they just plug into the mains to fill their tanks. :
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #22
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem is cartage is expencive, but you would think as the council is already shipping a stand pipe to fill there tanks on there water carts and utes, they could leave say a 2000L tank and a petrol pump at your site and have the carts come by for fill up first for local sporting grounds, nature strips reserves etc

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #23
arby

Why don't you just keep it in a schutz tank and use it for washing your vehicles. In reality 2kl is not cost effective to transport.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #24
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vines5161
This sounds like it could be a sponsorship deal for some company. Speak to some water carters and offer them adverts in the school newsletter and a sign erected at the school.

It doesn't hurt to ask! Great opportunity to involve the press and get some good publicity for the company - ice maker and water carter and the school. Show the kids doing the watering, investigating ice making (the science etc) and how you are endeavouring to save water and do good things for the environment. Perhaps even get the local pollies involved if you have no luck, they are always after a good plug.
What I'll do is when i get back to school i'll talk over with the high figures there. How much water do you guys have that you can give away, i know Mrs Parish is always trying to find spare water to take care of the gardens too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #25
schultzie
Just Images

im going to look in to this... do any one have access to one of those Pallate tanks? hopefully within a month or so i should have a tank so i might be up for something then...
Old 05-04-2008, 10:12 AM   #26
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Heres a Rough Figure - We Make Nearly 160 tonnes of Ice A day , Machine Misses cause about 10 tonne to be wasted -

Each Pallet of Ice weighs 1 tonne , no when we dump 10 tonnes of ice and 6 or 7 Pallets of it a Day , its nearly 12,000 - 15,000 Litres of Fresh Drinkable water in the Drain .. why not keep it .. theres plenty Guys .. Organise something and your welcome to it ..

Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #27
boss-290

AU2PW,

I drive past your work everyday, is it possible to pick up a bag of bells ice on the way home from work?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #28
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

yeah dude .. my number pm me the day before and its yours ..

Old 05-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #29
troppo
Mr old phart

I can't help but think back to the water restrictions threads from last summer and wonder why no-one is taking up this offer, you'd think the local council would jump at any chance to be seen to be green. Maybe try a letter to the local paper or MP using the words 'green', 'environmentally friendly' and 'recycle' a lot. Chuck in 'dolphin safe' for good measure.

I was only joking when I said bottle it and flog it off but if it's drinkable water before you start it might be viable to treat it enough to bottle.
I worked at Coca Cola for a while and the water they bottle is a gold mine. They use the exact same water as they use to make the coke but they don't have the cost of mixing syrup to add to it, or sugar, or gas. For them it was easy with all the bottling plant in place but by doing bottled water they cut straight from the water filtration plant to the bottling and labelling machines.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #30
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Man ... wish you were out my way ... water is precious stuff.
And when you need it delivered ... it costs around $70/8kL (one tanker load) to our house.

I can't believe the council declined the offer ... that's pretty poor.

Maybe approach local media with the offer ... they may be able to help out in finding places who "NEED" the water.

If there are turf farms nearby ... they go through so much water it is no funny when it comes to irrigation too.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post