Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

Default Finally, photos of my AU XR8 wagon .....

Photos of my AU XR8 wagon. Still needs to be lowered more. Yes, she is fully XR8, not just a nose cone.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_0451.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_0447.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_0452.jpg

Sorry, could only do them through photo bucket as I didn't know how to get the files smaller to just add as attachments. I am blonde after all!! LOL

XR8-AUwagon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Ford never made an AU XR wagon, 6 or 8. What was the car originally?, did it come with a factory V8?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good, what donk is in it, as in from what series AU RX8
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

She knows the XR wagons weren't made, she was telling us about the build up in another thread a few days ago.

The car looks great. Nice job! Pass on the approval to hubby!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

what a beast.

lower it!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #6
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

We bought a written off AU XR8 with the Tickford 220kW engine & T5 box. The guy's brother had wrapped it around a tree on way home from having roadworthy done to sell it!

My hubby & a couple of mates did the transfer over into my stocko AU wagon, rather than buy me another XR8 - I had sold my last EB XR8 (after I'd bought it back twice) in 2005. I'd gotten use to having the wagon, but wanted a bit of power & sound back. I've always had mainly V8s - or high powered 6s, so I was missing it like mad.

With a MX and BMX-mad son and a new baby, I needed the wagon space, so here it is - my one-off AU XR8 wagon. There's a lot more to my story and she's still a work in progress, but now that bub is asleep, I need to make lunches and iron school clothes. Will try and get more of the build story in the thread another time.

And yes, yes, yes - I know it needs to be lowered heaps more. She sat up like a 4WD before we did the engine swap, so she's had mega-lowering done already!! LOL!

Glad you like it, I'm pretty stoked!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
aye you
The Origional, The Best

looks the goods i must say
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #8
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

Very nice indeed im not into chrome that much but those wheel compliment the car very nicely we done.

Regards Craig
Old 03-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #9
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50 056
Ford never made an AU XR wagon, 6 or 8. What was the car originally?, did it come with a factory V8?
Ford never made a T series car either, but most of them still have Ford badges on them.

I kind of like the home made XR wagons.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
WoodysXR6
Wanting a sprint!

sorry to change the topic on the thread ,but has any onr seen pics of a purple au wagon made into a ute with the xr front and ford embossed tailgate if not ill tryn get some pics this week if it in the drive way around the corner
Old 03-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #11
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

nice effort, but those wheels really are ugly. Since you're going for a 'factory' xr8 look i'd say standard xr8 wheels would do the trick. just my opinion of course.

Well done anyway.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #12
waggaclint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well done looks good gotta luv blue wgns.....
waggaclint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #13
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You're not on the sunshine coast are you? I'm sure I saw your car in Maroochydore a couple of weeks ago....
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would like to know more about the V8 conversion.. and how it was done.. what was needed etc...

looks nice.... not a fan of the rims tho.. :S
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #15
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
would like to know more about the V8 conversion.. and how it was done.. what was needed etc...

looks nice.... not a fan of the rims tho.. :S
You'd need a wrecked xr8. Engine, wiring, ECU, BEM, ignition barrel (keys and door locks too), cluster, and transmition. There is probably a few things I've missed, but what an impressive job to be done in just 1 weekend
Old 04-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #16
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelion
You're not on the sunshine coast are you? I'm sure I saw your car in Maroochydore a couple of weeks ago....
I get around the Brisbane, Sunshine and Gold Coast a far bit, so it possibly could have been me. Wheels have only been on since Saturday but, before that I had 17x8 XR8 Tickford rims on her. We've been up that way quite a lot over the last couple of months as we have friends & rellies in the area as well as my gearbox guy at Caloundra (Top Cogz).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
would like to know more about the V8 conversion.. and how it was done.. what was needed etc... ....
We had a complete running XR8, which made the job super easy. We put absolutely everything from the dash forwards into my car - it also helped that we had 4 guys (incl a sparky) that know a LOT about cars (incl hubby of course) and heaps of room to make a big mess for the weekend.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #17
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow.. that does sound impressive.. and expensive.. haha...

nice work
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #18
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8-AUwagon
I get around the Brisbane, Sunshine and Gold Coast a far bit, so it possibly could have been me. Wheels have only been on since Saturday but, before that I had 17x8 XR8 Tickford rims on her. We've been up that way quite a lot over the last couple of months as we have friends & rellies in the area as well as my gearbox guy at Caloundra (Top Cogz).

We had a complete running XR8, which made the job super easy. We put absolutely everything from the dash forwards into my car - it also helped that we had 4 guys (incl a sparky) that know a LOT about cars (incl hubby of course) and heaps of room to make a big mess for the weekend.
It was you then! The rims would have been my next question.

I remember seeing you/it at the lights next to Red Rooster/Homemaker centre.. I posted up about it on this site somewhere.

Well done, it looks better in real life than the pics suggest. However, to be honest the old rims looked a LOT better.

Matt.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

I like a lot, my only suggestions would be to put a S3 front bar on, and put the pizza plates back in the kitchen
Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #20
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Ford never made a T series car either, but most of them still have Ford badges on them.

I kind of like the home made XR wagons.
Oh snap, yeah i wasnt sure. But thought they knew. As others have said IMO id put an S3 front on
Old 04-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #21
walker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats cool as

XE project underway
walker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #22
MADED-6
MADED.6

looks good i really like it.
theres just something about tough looking wagons that i like.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #23
HLC
Audi S3

i dunno why all the negativity towards the rims.

they aren't really my style either, but i reckon they suit the wagon.... which in turn, looks good.

cool.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #24
bf tubs

a s2or 3 front end would finish it off i reckon ,
 bf tubs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2008, 10:39 PM   #25
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i dunno why all the negativity towards the rims.

they aren't really my style either, but i reckon they suit the wagon.... which in turn, looks good.

cool.
No negativity here, but as someone who saw it with the previous rims, I simply feel it did look better than it does. ;)
Old 04-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #26
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every man and his dog has factory ford mags off one make or another, I think what you have suits your car. One day all these people will realise there are a crap load of other options other then ford mags.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #27
dreadly
Banned

series one wagon kinda looks ok... but you have to buy some tickford wings for the front near the indicators and it might look ok then?? Not the best wheels but hey still looks good but get the wings, clear side indicators, and some inner chrome door handles, lower f6 intake pipe for air box....cheap easy mods that will improve it
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #28
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Nice and clean ... I really like it.
I am not a chromie fan either ... but these wheels do suit the vehicle ... and I don't mind it at all.

I think the height looks half decent now (but i like drivability too ... hee hee).

Well done to have it all done in one weekend as well.

One thing I'd change is the front bar ... I'd use an S3 front (as I guess the front bar you got was off the donor car ... so I guess use whatever you had to.

All in all though ... great conversion ... has the go along with the show.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:04 AM   #29
XR8-AUwagon
Mumma's wagon

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Hubby & I have had a few chuckles. Each to their own opinion I always say. Just enjoying having a bit of show with my go, IYKWIM!! lol. Yep the front was from the donor car and seeing as it was a very close colour match & didn't cost us any more coin, we thought it the best option. Don't want to draw too much attention if I have a red nose cone or something! It's been great reading through all the threads - I haven't found any mummy friends that are into cars, so I don't get to talk that much about my passion, nor do they understand my need for anything other than "just a car". "Why do you need to do .... to your car?" is something I'm always asked. If you're not into cars, you just don't get it. Even my own Mum & Dad don't get me. Glad I found hubby at the Brissy Hot Rod show 16 years ago, otherwise I'd probably be whistling around in a little Mazda3 or something, rather than the fantastic variety of 8s that have been in my life - fully worked XD with roll-cage, harnesses, rode almost on the bump stops (hubby's car, but quickly became my 1st car), Compact Fairlane, XA coupe, XB coupe, LTD, Ford Galaxy, XB coupe, VN wagon (I know - a Holden & only a 6, but it looked tough as), black EB XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia, green EB XR8, black EB XR8 (same one I'd had previously - loved it so much I bought it back), AU wagon (now XR8 AU wagon). Also in there we've had a few "joint" cars & bikes - a couple of Chevys and for the last 5 years, a Pontiac Laurenthian - mainly Suzuki bikes, with a couple of Honda's here & there. Just before I had bub last year, hubby rebuilt a GSX1100 right down to every nut & bolt being hand polished. Our new home (being built at mo')has 2 garages - his & hers - with hubby's being 15.5m x 7.5m with it's own bathroom and probably end up having lounge, telly & PS2 down there too. Should be able to fit all our cars, bikes & stuff in there. Anyway, best be off. See you all around the forum or on the road!! Mumma A.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #30
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8-AUwagon
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Hubby & I have had a few chuckles. Each to their own opinion I always say. Just enjoying having a bit of show with my go, IYKWIM!! lol. Yep the front was from the donor car and seeing as it was a very close colour match & didn't cost us any more coin, we thought it the best option. Don't want to draw too much attention if I have a red nose cone or something! It's been great reading through all the threads - I haven't found any mummy friends that are into cars, so I don't get to talk that much about my passion, nor do they understand my need for anything other than "just a car". "Why do you need to do .... to your car?" is something I'm always asked. If you're not into cars, you just don't get it. Even my own Mum & Dad don't get me. Glad I found hubby at the Brissy Hot Rod show 16 years ago, otherwise I'd probably be whistling around in a little Mazda3 or something, rather than the fantastic variety of 8s that have been in my life - fully worked XD with roll-cage, harnesses, rode almost on the bump stops (hubby's car, but quickly became my 1st car), Compact Fairlane, XA coupe, XB coupe, LTD, Ford Galaxy, XB coupe, VN wagon (I know - a Holden & only a 6, but it looked tough as), black EB XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia, green EB XR8, black EB XR8 (same one I'd had previously - loved it so much I bought it back), AU wagon (now XR8 AU wagon). Also in there we've had a few "joint" cars & bikes - a couple of Chevys and for the last 5 years, a Pontiac Laurenthian - mainly Suzuki bikes, with a couple of Honda's here & there. Just before I had bub last year, hubby rebuilt a GSX1100 right down to every nut & bolt being hand polished. Our new home (being built at mo')has 2 garages - his & hers - with hubby's being 15.5m x 7.5m with it's own bathroom and probably end up having lounge, telly & PS2 down there too. Should be able to fit all our cars, bikes & stuff in there. Anyway, best be off. See you all around the forum or on the road!! Mumma A.
Can I come and stay at your (new) place - sounds like it will be a hoot, and I promise to help with the cars.

In fact, my missus will even talk cars! She is the one that chose her XR6, then gave the go ahead for the XR front on our wagon, and it is she who chose our current family truck - with V8.

Her parents and my parents are like your parents - "why do you need that for the car???" Who cares, if it makes it better for us, that's all that matters, I reckon. You only live once (so I'm told), why not enjoy it?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post