Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Couldn't live with his conscience??

Poor guy obviously had trouble living with what happened.
If there is a God he will now judge him, shame about the 2 innocents that got killed too.

Accused street racer found dead
Tuesday Jan 29 19:15 AEDT
A man charged over an alleged street race that killed an elderly couple in Sydney's west last year has been found dead in his car, police say.

The 28-year-old Glenmore man was charged earlier this month, along with another 28-year-old man, over the July 29 accident in St Marys in which Alan and Judith Howle died.

Two Holden Commodores were allegedly racing side by side when they rammed into the couple's car as it entered an intersection.

Mr Howle, 71, and his wife Judith, 70, died at the scene.

Police said the Glenmore man was found dead in his car on St Thomas Street in nearby Mulgoa shortly after midday.

They would not confirm a report that earlier on Tuesday he had been informed the charges against him were to be upgraded to manslaughter.

Police said an internal inquiry had been launched and a report was being prepared for a coroner.

"The NSW Coroner has directed that a critical incident investigation team be established to examine the circumstances surrounding the man's death," police said in a statement.

"Police believe there are no suspicious circumstances involved."

The dead man, alleged to have been behind the wheel of a blue Mazda involved in the incident, was originally charged with dangerous and negligent driving and taking part in a road race.

He had been granted police bail and was due appear before Penrith Local Court on March 17.

Robert James Borkowski, 37, remains in custody over the incident, on charges including manslaughter and aggravated driving causing death.

Police allege Borkowski was behind the wheel of the second Commodore.

İAAP 2008

Old 29-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

The Goddess will surely ensure that he does not go to the next world. Karma is a good thing.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Sad for his family but he did take the cowards way out.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 29-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogInASock
The Goddess will surely ensure that he does not go to the next world. Karma is a good thing.
Bullshit! It just adds to the tragedy that this whole sorry saga has turned into. Another death will not bring the old couple back.
It is bad that the whole thing happened that is for certain , but how sad is it that there is now another death to clean up. It would only be making the families of everyone feel worse again. The guy stuffed up , made a dumb decision that 95% of us have done before and now he is dead too. I live in the general area where it all has unfolded. There have been plenty of threats , witch hunts ect for these people. The last six months would have been unbearable , getting all that plus living with the guilt of what happened and charges laying over your head. Now to die on the side of the road in the bush is tragic.
It was a dumb decision he made to get involved in the race and yes he should of been punished for it. But it was also a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for them all.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
LET HE WHO JUDGES BE JUDGED ACCORDINGLY.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Poor guy? Try a Criminal who decided not to face the consequences of his actions and took the cowards way out.
Old 29-01-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Poor guy? Try a Criminal who decided not to face the consequences of his actions and took the cowards way out.
why are people quick to condem . the guy killed himself mate . imagine how bad he felt to do that. and you want to criticise him .
i just hope you or i dont have to face a stupid mistake in such a way .dont tell me you havent been a dill on the road at some stage !!
Old 29-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #8
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Sad for his family but he did take the cowards way out.
You make it sound like it was suicide...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL
Bullshit! It just adds to the tragedy that this whole sorry saga has turned into. Another death will not bring the old couple back.
It is bad that the whole thing happened that is for certain , but how sad is it that there is now another death to clean up. It would only be making the families of everyone feel worse again. The guy stuffed up , made a dumb decision that 95% of us have done before and now he is dead too. I live in the general area where it all has unfolded. There have been plenty of threats , witch hunts ect for these people. The last six months would have been unbearable , getting all that plus living with the guilt of what happened and charges laying over your head. Now to die on the side of the road in the bush is tragic.
It was a dumb decision he made to get involved in the race and yes he should of been punished for it. But it was also a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for them all.
Well put. I can certainly admit to going over the limit.

This tragedy should be a lesson to us all. Firstly, we are fortunate we're not in their shoes ie being the ones with blood on our hands (so better off not speaking ill of the dead).
Old 29-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

thats just utter crap mate, he was an accused street racer, he wasn't the driver of the car that killed the old couple. Even if he was street racing, his death wasn't nessasary (if it was suicide), and inmature trash talk buy idots isn't deserved.
Old 29-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #10
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
So you set yourself up as judge jury and executioner.

Your comment shows at best a very immature attitude and at worst an arrogant self-righteous one. I hope it is the former and as you age some you will gain maturity and wisdom along with it.

A simple street race - almost everyone has done it at some time during their driving lifetime. And 99% of the time there are no consequences. But this time the consequences were to the nth degree. It is a lesson for all. Sadly for this guy he must have been suffering such severe guilt and depression that he felt he had only one escape. Condolences to his family and friends.
Old 29-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #11
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

How does the bloke driving the blue mazda get charged for 2 Holden Commodores racing?

(just trying to lighten the mood)
Old 29-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #12
protd
TUFF FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
How does the bloke driving the blue mazda get charged for 2 Holden Commodores racing?

obviously the ring leader and initiated the race, and the commodore's were trying to catch the quicker car :
Old 29-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #13
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:

I reckon they did him thru guilt via association. He was there participating in the race so cops the same rap.
Old 29-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
EF347

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man

Your comment shows at best a very immature attitude and at worst an arrogant self-righteous one. I hope it is the former and as you age some you will gain maturity and wisdom along with it.

A simple street race - almost everyone has done it at some time during their driving lifetime. And 99% of the time there are no consequences. But this time the consequences were to the nth degree. It is a lesson for all. Sadly for this guy he must have been suffering such severe guilt and depression that he felt he had only one escape. Condolences to his family and friends.
Well said
Old 29-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #15
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

The fact that everytime a P-plater gets caught speeding/racing/hooning etc, towards the end of the article you can almost bet the story will mention the incident in western sydney with the old couple: "....this comes just weeks after mr and mrs _ _ _ _ were killed by hoons" (hoons who were not on their P's nor driving high performance vehicles mind you.)

Is it just me or does everyone else feel that this tragedy has been dragged on and the story milked for all it's worth???

I feel for this poor guy now, who was facing jail time for his cheeky driving (which most people on here have done at one stage in their life), and just couldn't take the thought of getting locked up... RIP to him and to the old couple, but lets all move on, and as mentioned earlier, let us accept that some people were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Old 29-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #16
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Nope, Old son that topped himself clearly set himself up as the executioner, not just for himself, but the people he hit.

Quote:

I'm sorry, but this waste of space killed two people through his actions, and then decided not to face the music. Why should we be sympathetic to him?
As depressed as i've been in the past, I *never* contemplated suicide as a way out.
Its simply the selfish, cowardly way out.
Old 29-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #17
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
It would only be making the families of everyone feel worse again. The guy stuffed up , made a dumb decision that 95% of us have done before and now he is dead too. I live in the general area where it all has unfolded. There have been plenty of threats , witch hunts ect for these people. The last six months would have been unbearable , getting all that plus living with the guilt of what happened and charges laying over your head. Now to die on the side of the road in the bush is tragic.
I agree with the sentiment, but my thought first goes to the family of the dead couple. I dont know, something about being innocent.

The witch hunts come because no-one listens until an old couple are dead, its all too late, and the public dont want to wait til its too late. Prevention, not "Im so sorry", or worse a senseless additional death as in this case.

Its a tragic series of events, and this makes it no better. Just get the message people.
Quote:

A simple street race
I see you missed the message, there is no such thing. Its a fools delusion that sees a street race as a simple thing. The only simple thing is the nuts behind the wheel.

The message is clear enough its basically got flashing lights, DONT STREET RACE.
Old 29-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #18
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I agree
Old 29-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #19
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
You make it sound like it was suicide...
Who said it wasn't?
Old 29-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #20
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Who said it wasn't?
Who said it was?
Old 29-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #21
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Who said it was?
The fact that they say no suspicious circumstances says that to me, I read it from another news site earlier.

Edit
"Police believe there are no suspicious circumstances involved."
Says it in the OP too.
Old 29-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
I agree also.

Condolences to the families of all involved.

Last edited by Abacus; 29-01-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 29-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well at least both husband and wife died together in the same place and at the same time, by no means am I saying I'm happy it happened, its sad that this type of things occur but imagine how hard things would be for one partner if one lived and the other passed on. RIP to both
Old 29-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #24
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well at least both husband and wife died together in the same place and at the same time, as well as living a decent amount of time, by no means am I saying I'm glad it happened, its sad that this type of things occurs but imagine how hard things would be for one partner if one lived and the other passed on, or if it were two teens that barely got to experience life. RIP to both
Old 29-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #25
BlackLS
yum

Poor guy.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Old 30-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #26
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Who said it was?
How do YOU know it wasn't suicide? :dr_Evil:
Old 30-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #27
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Just a really sad, sad affair. I have never street raced as I have always driven luxo barge cars, and that scene in back to the future scared me as a kid. (No, I'm serious). I look at driving like flying. One minute everything is fine and then 2 seconds later your plowing into a mountain. In both cases arrogance is the cause. That this guy should lose his life is extreme, but I feel for the family of the old couple too. Someone lost a mother, father, sister brother etc. In my opinion Karma has caught up to this man, as the immeasurable guilt has pushed him over the edge. May he rest in peace just as the innocent victims of this tragedy.

Quote: