Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
Macca23
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Camping with dogs? Few hours from Sydney.

Hey all,

Can anyone suggest somehwere nice to camp within say approx 3hrs drive from sydney? In any direction, but we want to take the 2 dogs with us. Can go futhur, do have more in mind (about 5hrs or so) but would rather try and stay a bit closer as only going for 2 days!

I know of a few state forrests out Oberon/Jenloan caves way, but most of its 4wd access, only have the xr now so thats probly not the best idea : Another spot north of richmond @ the glow worm caves theres a camping ground as well.

Not really a fan of dog freindly caravan type parks but wont rule it out.

Any good ideas or other suggestions?

http://www.holidayingwithdogs.com.au/
These guys have a few places too for anyone else interested

Last edited by Macca23; 27-12-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Macca23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

We have a few nice camping grounds here at Gloucester...There's the Gloryvale Reserve about 20mins out of town and then up the road from that there's the Bretti Reserve.I'm sure dogs are allowed at both places and Gloucester is only 3 hrs from you....oh forgot to mention,it's tar road all the way to both reserves,so need for 4wd....

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance

Last edited by killerjoolz; 27-12-2007 at 05:03 PM. Reason: forgot to mention roads...
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca23
Hey all,

Not really a fan of dog freindly caravan type parks but wont rule it out.

i know of a caravan pk down at huskisson (south coast nsw) that will accept k9's, Jervis bay caravan park at wollemia.sorry can't help with phone contacts as this info came from a mate who goes camping with his dogs(yap yaps )
nice area
Old 27-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
kurtisr1234

hey, i went to this place about 4 years ago with my family, and it was one of the nicest places i have been, u probley been there but its port steves now i know there is a caravan park but im not sure of any rules on dogs,
well thats just my 2 cents
cheers
kurtis
kurtisr1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post