Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Work Xmas parties

How was yours? i had mine yesterday, started at 1 at a really nice restaurant at the Shipping Passenger terminal or whatever its called just up from ciruclar key. the restaurant was called Wildfire and waiters walk around with meat impaled on giant scewers and they cut it off onto your plate, damn it was good... then after getting a nice buzz from the free booze we left, walked up the road and proceeded to get ****ed at a bar.. was a great night actually.. im not likin it right now but you get that...

how was your xmas party or how do you think it will be?

Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #2
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
How was yours? i had mine yesterday, started at 1 at a really nice restaurant at the Shipping Passenger terminal or whatever its called just up from ciruclar key. the restaurant was called Wildfire and waiters walk around with meat impaled on giant scewers and they cut it off onto your plate, damn it was good... then after getting a nice buzz from the free booze we left, walked up the road and proceeded to get ****ed at a bar.. was a great night actually.. im not likin it right now but you get that...

Hey mate, I had dinner there on Tuesday night.
It is a beautiful resturant. It certainly lives up to its name of Sydney's Finest.
Its pricey, but its well worth it. The food is just sensational. Im going back there on in Feb for my 23rd birthday.
Bar up the road, wasn't Jacksons on George was it? about a 10min walk. Not a bad place either really. Especially the french bar-maid lol.

My christmas party is next thursday, tis going to be a big one....
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
Bundwah
Living the Life in Cranny

Our Christmas Party will be lacklustre, we only get $25 a head, which gets you stuff all. And no one will want to hang around a have a drink, because the morale is bad at the moment. Not that we can drink because it's during work hours.
Old 14-12-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

I have mine tonight, should be interesting as I resigned yesterday, haha. Just a dinner/drinks at the Pepper Chilli chinese resturant in Melb.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

My one was the weekend just past. We stayed two nights at Sofitel Broadbeach.

Apparently I was drunk all weekend. I had such a good time.
Old 14-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

We had ours a few weeks ago. It was at the Stockmans Bar & Grill inside the RNA showgrounds. Awesome venue. Free beer, wine and champa's, heaps of food.

It was a good night. I didn't get too messy as we had a B Series Cruise at 6am next morning.....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
Cam
Stroking it...

Ours is tonight at the Storey Bridge Hotel in the city, but tomorrow we have to work and relocate 400 PC's and add them to a new network, work is supplying pizza and panadol. But i can see its gonna be messy, real messy..
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nah we went to Cruise bar, pretty much next door to wildfire, damn it was good beef and lamb and prawns and calamari and everything else.. although i wanted to dive into the seafood bar they had downstairs lol.. looked great
Old 14-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Had our christmas party on a boat cruise on the yarra. It was ok but not long enough to get drunk.
But today we have one of our work suppliers christmas party, so should get parra as they're 10 mins from my house!!
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 01:06 PM   #10
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I haven't had a really awesome work Christmas party in years, my most memorable was probably the day I worked for a large company, and our department had lunch up in the hills, our boss paid for the minibus and subsidised some of our food & booze which was fantastic. Got back to town as the work day was finishing, and the whole company's Christmas Happy Hour was that night - three hours of all you can drink booze for $10 from memory.

I "walked" in the door at 5am Saturday and slept most of the day. Good times.

This year, the small group (5 people) I work with (totally different place now) and I are going to get chicken & chips and eat it while we work.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my boss is jewish so we dont have one any more
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #12
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

s im working out of melb this week, missed the work one today (although it was a moview then booze) but have our team one next Friday which will be a rip snorta - pub for lunch then booze until the cows come home (or someone does a nudie run which happens every year!)
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #13
BlackLS
yum

We took a stretch Hummerzine around the city for an hour or so, Watsons Bay Hotel for an little bit and back in the city for a late lunch banquet. Was awesome.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #14
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Crazy
s im working out of melb this week, missed the work one today (although it was a moview then booze) but have our team one next Friday which will be a rip snorta - pub for lunch then booze until the cows come home (or someone does a nudie run which happens every year!)
sounds awesome! lol
Old 14-12-2007, 02:01 PM   #15
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

We just get lunch put on (mini spring roll and party crap) and a few slabs of VB, Jimmy and or Black Douglas at work at lunchtime on the last day of work, which will be Friday this year. Pretty crap really.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 02:28 PM   #16
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev

Good place Wildfire and agreed the meat skewers there are fantastic
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #17
boss-290

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
my boss is jewish so we dont have one any more
Is it because he's a tight , or just because of his beliefs?
boss-290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #18
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

both!

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #19
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

It's just me and my dad at my work.

We might just destroy a slab of BECKS tomorrow night.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #20
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We used to go up to a mansion with pool/spa's/pool tables etc which is usually around 3k a weekend to stay at (bosses brother owns it I think, it's been on getaway).. This year we're having it at the factory :togo:

Still free grub and booze though
Holden made the decision to make thier utes for pretty boys years ago. Wannabe tradesman drive them. If my son came home and told me he bought a holden ute I would struggle to come to grips with the fact he is a homosexual.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #21
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Can't wait for mine!!! A feed and some Johhny Blues (if i can get away with it) up at Sky High in the Dandenongs.

Just gotta make sure i stay in the Director's good books :Reverend:
Old 14-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #22
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

We had Hubby's at Rochford Wines...Lionel Ritchie...Was Great!! Even got the girls out...Shame they got photos of that!! Never gonna live that one down!! My work Xmas party is the 21st....Boss is puttin on lunch...Christmas ham with all the trimmings...God Bless him!! Don't want to tell him I am a vegetarian...haven't got the heart!!
Old 14-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #23
XHUTE6
Bugger! 1390mm too long!!

On Monday, we i went to my girlfriends Caffe Primo party which was a lockin at TUNZAFUN at Tea Tree Plaza. Her boss co-owns with another bloke who owns TUNZAFUN. Surprisingly, it was TUNZA-FUN!
Tomorrow morning i have to go out and load frst thing in the morning and then rush back to the depot for our christmas party which is going to be great. Prawns, Crabs, Crayfish, Chicken, Ham, Beef. free alcomohol and soft drinks too. too bad i have to leave for Brissy at 4am sunday.
XHUTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #24
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine is on friday

we are just heading to the local for a meal and some booze

it should be good being there is only 5 of us going

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #25
b2tf
not here much anymore

Been doing the rounds of our contractor parties these past few fridays, DHA one was last night and was good. Got the office one next Friday, and then another one for the employees after that.
Old 15-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #26
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

My boss hired out a few apartments on the sunshine coast for 2 nights a few weeks ago for everyone from work and put on some food and drink and organised a few activities for everyone and made for a good weekend, i got messy and made an idiot out of myself etc. etc. life goes on and it sure was fun!
Old 16-12-2007, 01:25 AM   #27
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

we had ours a couple of weeks ago.

game of golf after work (early knock off) then showered and to the local pub for a meal and drinks. the company put in $20 each for meals and the work social club went halfs with the pub to get a singing guy for the night.
was a pretty good night really.

not much night life in Miriam Vale.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #28
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sadly, I'm working all through Christmas, as both places I work must continue to serve throughout the holiday period.

One of the companies I work for even have a policy that prohibits taking leave from December through till February. And that same company are taking lessons from Ebenezer Scrooge in how to not give workers money, and keep morale low at the same time.
No Christmas party for night staff, but a huge resturaunt dinner and then private IMAX screening for day staff. And guess who works the night shift.

Luckily with my other job, they're not so stingy, and we get a moreton bay cruise for a day with free seafood buffet and free beer and wine, and cheap spirits.
Hopefully it will be okay, because this is my first Christmas with them, I dont know how their parties end up.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #29
DTFRMONT

Default stuffup

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_suave
One of the companies I work for even have a policy that prohibits taking leave from December through till February.
Policies like that are quite common in retail unfortanetly. One of the reasons why I quit retail, and ended up in the public service!

Had my team lunch on friday at the good 'ol Box Hill RSL. (closest thing to a pub there is in Box Hill!), and there'll be some more during the week...... We have to pay for our own food & booze though.....

Last edited by DTFRMONT; 16-12-2007 at 05:32 PM.
DTFRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #30
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

We dont get a work party, they just buy us a bottle of booze of our choice and let us go home half a day ealry on friday before xmas!!