Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #61
AAXR8

Thumbs up Re: Carwashers using WINDEX on paint in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ben View Post
The rinseless carwash by turtlewax is the same as Optimum no rinse, which is apparently a very good product with a lot of uses. You might want to google it to get some ideas on how you can use it
Hi my friend uses it and it makes the car really shine the Turtle rinseless Car wash! Thats what I'm going to keep as a back up in the boot! because its also good for rims if you miss abit!! Just soak the sponge and clean what you miss so water dosn't hit the panels again if you have dried!
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

Old 29-07-2014, 10:49 PM   #62
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: Carwashers using WINDEX on paint in Melbourne

Bore water! that's stupid...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
This user likes this post:
Old 29-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #63
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Windex is a cleaner & will not harm your paint, not much different to other car washing detergents that also removes wax polish eventually.

Stop stressing!
They probably buy it in concentrate form and dilute the crap out of it anyway to save money.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 29-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #64
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAXR8 View Post
Our Carwash uses bore water & that was a little bad for White Residue
I'm not surprised, Bore water is so hard you can walk on it !
Old 30-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #65
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
But we got it washed when we got home we checked and No it didn't harm the Clear or Paint & my mate waxed it again just in case! & it looks good!! My Main objective was to just warn people, because I never have heard of that at all!
I don't disagree that they should not have sprayed your car with something that you specificaly asked them not to. BUT, he does use the products on other cars probably does all the time and if it affected the paint on all those other cars the owners would be lining up to sue his rear and he would stop using it pronto. In your post you sounded rather alarmist so I wonder how you sounded and what you said to the bloke at the car wash. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it is wrong. It could be more like Finish that you put in your dishwasher which has drying agents which prevent spotting on your dishes, same colour. Have you seen the labels on all the products your professional detailer uses??

Last edited by deesun; 30-07-2014 at 12:40 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #66
AAXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
I don't disagree that they should not have sprayed your car with something that you specificaly asked them not to. BUT, he does use the products on other cars probably does all the time and if it affected the paint on all those other cars the owners would be lining up to sue his rear and he would stop using it pronto. In your post you sounded rather alarmist so I wonder how you sounded and what you said to the bloke at the car wash. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it is wrong. It could be more like Finish that you put in your dishwasher which has drying agents which prevent spotting on your dishes, same colour. Have you seen the labels on all the products your professional detailer uses??
i'M NOT A TEENAGER MATE!! COME ON I THINK I KNOW WHEN I HEAR SOMETHING BAD!!! DO YOU USE WINDEX ALL THE TIME ON YOUR CAR!!! OR DO YOU OWN A CARWASH????
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

Old 30-07-2014, 10:52 AM   #67
AAXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Bore water! that's stupid...
Tell me about i!!!
!!
247 RWKW

Old 30-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #68
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
i'M NOT A TEENAGER MATE!! COME ON I THINK I KNOW WHEN I HEAR SOMETHING BAD!!! DO YOU USE WINDEX ALL THE TIME ON YOUR CAR!!! OR DO YOU OWN A CARWASH????
Deesun entitled to make a comment on this subject like any one else whether you agree or disagree without you needing to yell at him!
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #69
WHYME
Next up?

Having worked at a professional detailing buisness here in Melbourne, I can safely say using windex on the paint will NOT damage your vehicle. For the 1 year I was there we worked on an R35 GTR, Porsche 911 Turbo and I lost count on how many BMWs and Mercs we did. The bloke was bloody good, and spent more time on customers cars than he did on his own (owner owns a genuine restored HK GTS). We even had a guy that was a regular customer with us for about 3 years. Both his tint and paint always looked better when he left our joint. Hell, we even used windex to remove the polish we buffed on and we were anything but dodgy. Dealers would approach us to do their new/used cars. If anyone in Melbourne is interested the buisness is called Polish Detailing.

Last edited by WHYME; 30-07-2014 at 02:30 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #70
TyLeR3397

From what I've read, some professional detailers wipe cars down with isopropyl alcohol prior to applying some sealants/coatings. Maybe this joint has the same idea in mind but just used windex instead?
Old 30-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #71
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did you aproach the carwash guy yelling like yhis^^^? If you did I rest my case.
Old 30-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #72
AAXR8

Angry Re: Carwashers using WINDEX on paint in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Deesun entitled to make a comment on this subject like any one else whether you agree or disagree without you needing to yell at him!
What the ---- TRUBLU
Yell at him through the Internet!!!!! And I am More then welcome to say what I think!!!! So you want to have a go at me!!!! For something that has NOTHING to do with YOU!! Ok Am I Yelling??? No I am nicely telling YOU that unless its you are making the comment to me!! THAT WAS UN CALLED FOR TRUBLU!!! Why didn't you SAY that for me when everyone was having a GO at ME for Not Washing my Car??? & That's what you get for taking it to a Carwash!!! This Forum is Unreal!!
First you have everyone saying its a bad idea, WINDEX is really bad for your paint!! Wash it yourself!! Now people are saying its Good For your Paint!!

SO NOW I'M CONFUSED!!
AND i DON'T HAVE TIME FOR PEOPLE
ABUSING ME EITHER, OR TELLING ME
WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T SAY!!!!
!!
247 RWKW

Old 30-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #73
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

So aggressive. Stop with the caps and exclamation marks. We get it.

On a side not I have really enjoyed reading this thread over the last days watching you get so angry
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #74
AAXR8

Thumbs down Re: Carwashers using WINDEX on paint in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
Did you aproach the carwash guy yelling like yhis^^^? If you did I rest my case.
Excuse me!!!!!!! No I did not!! When he lied to me about using wax and his worker said it was WINDEX!! What would you do??? When your car has a beutifull paint job & the last thing you can afford is a faded car!! And also the point that I just had it Detailed & Everyone was telling me the Wax is been properly eaten off!! YELLING on the INTERNET! Here rest your case on this
!!
247 RWKW

Old 30-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #75
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Ps. When on forums caps is yelling. I'm assuming that you don't know that after reading your last post again
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #76
AAXR8

Exclamation Re: Carwashers using WINDEX on paint in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
So aggressive. Stop with the caps and exclamation marks. We get it.

On a side not I have really enjoyed reading this thread over the last days watching you get so angry

I'm not angry!!! I'm not yelling!! I enjoy having everyone telling me what to do!!! when the whole thing is about what I experienced at a CARWASH!!
I learnt alot from this Thread!!!! There are a couple of great people that I have meet!!! No actually I have enjoyed Everyone!!!
Well Thankyou I just LEARNT something for the day!!!!! If I want to do that, I can thanks to TRUBLU I am entitled to do what I like!!
If it P I S S' S you off don't read it!
!!
247 RWKW

Last edited by AAXR8; 30-07-2014 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Forgot
Old 30-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #77
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

I'm confused. You thanked my posts then seem to have a go at me. Also never said reading this ****** me off so I don't know what your on about. At the end of the day it seems no harm was don't to your car and that car wash has now lost a customer. Win win
Old 30-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #78
AAXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
I'm confused. You thanked my posts then seem to have a go at me. Also never said reading this ****** me off so I don't know what your on about. At the end of the day it seems no harm was don't to your car and that car wash has now lost a customer. Win win
No I feel like you were having ago at me, Thats what it feels like, So I apologise To you. You got me as everyone was ( I felt , Having a go at me )
!!
247 RWKW

Old 30-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #79
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

I will fix it
Closed
7 users like this post:
Closed Thread