Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 
Default Re: Selling a car without a RWC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I am only going by what was written on Vicroads transfer papers

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...BuyingSelling/

It states that is the sellers responsibility to provide a RWC, of course you can sell it without one and with the plates still on it, but it can't be transferred into the new owners name until a RWC has been done.

Also understand that you do not need any POI when paying rego, my son got caught with this, he sold a car to a bloke who promised to get a RWC, but didn't and when the rego was up, the bloke just logged onto the internet and paid the rego with his credit card, pretty simple, my son had to go to Vicroads and cancel the rego in the end
Yes I know what Vicroads website says but how things work in reality is in post #3. I have recently sold my wagon that way.

The most important thing to remember is to fill out the rego transfer form in conjunction with buyer leaving out the RWC details blank then YOU as seller take that to Vicroads and they stamp it as recieved and the car is out of your name and they hunt the buyer for RWC and if not supplied within a certain time Vicroads cancel the rego. If your son did that when he sold the car then he would have had no problems.

So you can either choose to believe Vicroads website or those who have actually sold cars recently who can tell you how it works.

So to the OP, the answer to the question is YES, you can sell a car without RWC and with Reg provided you follow the above steps.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #32
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As that process is not listed on their website, I would hazard a guess and say that that is not their preferred option, but hey if it works go for it
Old 14-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Like I said......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post

So you can either choose to believe Vicroads website or those who have actually sold cars recently who can tell you how it works.
Old 14-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #34
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last word
Old 14-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Old 15-11-2013, 03:42 AM   #36
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

last word again
Old 16-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #37
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

LOL ******* keyboard warriors....
Old 16-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #38
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by last fairlane View Post
$3k for an EF I wish
last year I tried to sell my 2003 Fairmont Ghia sedan with a reco trans new radiator and new tyres with 8 months rego and 170k on the clock and the best price I could find was $3k so I kept it
here in Qld you have to get the RWC before you advertise the carfor sale
not after you get a buyer
it sucks and also try $800 odd for a six cyl for rego
John in Brisbane
Actually not correct.

You can't display the car for sale in QLD without a RWC. That means not beside the road, or a sign in it, unless the blue cover of the RWC displayed too.
You can advertise the vehicle for sale, and let the rego go with it, but the new owner can't transfer it until they get a RWC.

Some people who buy cars that have a RWC don't want to pay the stamp duty, so they leave it.

As a seller, you just notify QLD Transport with a notice of disposal.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post