Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #31
Zephyr
Old rookie

This is just the way our roads are respected currently, then dangerous accidents occur. Until the the seriousness of road safety is aware for all road uses. Instead of the constant 'Speed Kill' that keeps being drummed into us, more needs to be done!
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #32
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO_XR6
What a total tosser, you should always restrain a child in the car properly!!!
He was gonna buy a child seat, but he stopped at the pub before going to babyco and blew the money on the pokies. Now he and shazza have to wait for the next centrelink payment. But with a proverbial "Kaawww Blimey", Dazza now has fines to pay so little 1 year old bazza will have to wait for his child seat.

I'm telling you again people that there should be special child licences required before procreation is allowed to occur. This would wipe out atleast half the countries welfare bill and the money saved could be spent improving our roads. It's win win, so c'mon and join the "baby licence" cause with me. :

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #33
bjr22n_
XR5TBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
He was gonna buy a child seat, but he stopped at the pub before going to babyco and blew the money on the pokies. Now he and shazza have to wait for the next centrelink payment. But with a proverbial "Kaawww Blimey", Dazza now has fines to pay so little 1 year old bazza will have to wait for his child seat.

I'm telling you again people that there should be special child licences required before procreation is allowed to occur. This would wipe out atleast half the countries welfare bill and the money saved could be spent improving our roads. It's win win, so c'mon and join the "baby licence" cause with me. :
: i agree, lets stop morans who use our tax dollars to get 'high and drunk' and lets stop them from reproducing, i swear it would cut the centrelink line by 3/4.

'baby licence' (top idea) would be able to see fit parents able to reproduce, and benefit the future generations, not morons that think its ok to have there 1yr old baby sitting on their lap. its not safe... some people are so dumb :

DJR Team mate #14
bjr22n_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #34
nobbystang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
I wanna know how he did it backwards. Saw an ad for the news story a couple of minutes ago on channel ten. Neither the driver or the bird standing next to him (child's mother?) looked all that witty. Harsh punishments regarding the baby, I'd hope. There's certain safety laws for a reason.
If thats the same footage i saw they only showed the people living in the house, others were long gone, although if you watch the footy show you justmight catch them on street talk.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd

Funnily enough, you make sense!

I still stand by the fact that no one enforces road safety. I see dangerous stuff like this all the time, and it leads to crashes. Then worst of all it leads to injury or death!

Like Zephyr said above, safety should take priority over speed traps!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 04:02 AM   #36
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
He was driving a VR/S commodore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan635
Explains it.
Good one Dan, after all that happened thats your masterful explanation for the whole thing? :togo:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa
why does that not surprise me :
Did anyone make a comment that the kids killed in Mildura were run down by a Ford??? No why it's bad taste and would be a sick stupid comment.

This isn't holden bashing it's just stupid talk.
The kid was drunk, He was driving a car big F-en deal what car it was, He had a car full and the worst thing of all was he had a baby in the car, Thats something many should look at not what F-en car he drove. He and all in that car should be charged for there stupidity what the hell were they thinking.
Old 15-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #37
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
some of you people seem to think that idiots ONLY drive holdens, i mean, granted, in my area about 7 out of every 10 commodores you see will be driving with complete disregard for everyone around them, there are still a LOT of morons driving fords. Could just as easily have been an xr6t that did the damage ..
!!

We're not all sheep mate ;p
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 08:59 AM   #38
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Slick, I agree with you regarding the denegration of Holden, however it's a Ford based site and you will occassionally come across a little bit of bias.

As for the accident in Mildura where the kids were struck, from the footage I've seen it was a VS station wagon. Doesn't matter anyway though, because I'm not casting aspersions to any particular vehicle here; merely the driver. Doesn't matter if a bogan smashes either brand as it may not be their car, it may be mums, dads, or a mates.

The whole purpose of the thread is to highlight the complete idiocy of teenage inbred mutant people or to extend the vernacular; shacka's.

We know the type, several children all named the same and only distinguished by their mother calling them by their last names.

The fact that this little troglodite shacka was driving a commodore is indeed unfortunate; especially for all the good blokes who do drive commodores. And you see lots of them, with their families and such on weekends, decent people.
Unfortunately, adolescent male hoons have identified Holden as more of a preferred brand over ford and as such are bound to have accidents due to their attitudinal issues, not the car they drive. The above comment about it sounding right, just take it in jest.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #39
red_hotxr6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
some of you people seem to think that idiots ONLY drive holdens, i mean, granted, in my area about 7 out of every 10 commodores you see will be driving with complete disregard for everyone around them, there are still a LOT of morons driving fords. Could just as easily have been an xr6t that did the damage ..
I think you answered your own question. You are not the only one. You are in melbourne i gather, i am in brisbane it just seems their is a different mentality that gets behind the wheel of a holden. 9 out of 10 people that hoon up and down my street are guys that drive either a vn or vp holden, they have to come around this corner cutting it at all sorts of speeds every time. We have a set of town houses next to us and 2 guys and a girl moved in the end one. As god made man every time he arrives or leaves this street its like he is at barbagello, thank god they have now left.
I leave arana hills to visit my mother at lawnton and every moron in a commodore want,s to race me from the lights or they dont like following behind me doing the speed limit. They are every where i just do not experience this with other ford drivers. In my experience ford drivers seem to look after their cars, but if you want to race or show off jump in a holden, i just do not have time for them, really dont, and the worst thing you could do is buy a holden as a first car, because there is a good chance it has been thrashed.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #40
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
I think you answered your own question. You are not the only one. You are in melbourne i gather, i am in brisbane it just seems their is a different mentality that gets behind the wheel of a holden. 9 out of 10 people that hoon up and down my street are guys that drive either a vn or vp holden, they have to come around this corner cutting it at all sorts of speeds every time. We have a set of town houses next to us and 2 guys and a girl moved in the end one. As god made man every time he arrives or leaves this street its like he is at barbagello, thank god they have now left.
I leave arana hills to visit my mother at lawnton and every moron in a commodore want,s to race me from the lights or they dont like following behind me doing the speed limit. They are every where i just do not experience this with other ford drivers. In my experience ford drivers seem to look after their cars, but if you want to race or show off jump in a holden, i just do not have time for them, really dont, and the worst thing you could do is buy a holden as a first car, because there is a good chance it has been thrashed.
I wasn't asking a question! Yes i agree with you that the majority of holden drivers (in my area anyway) seem to be a pack of morons, i'm not denying that, thus me saying 7 out of 10 seem to be that way. It was probably closer to 9 out of 10 a few years ago, but since the BA was released and some commo drivers jumped from old VN's to E series/A series, xrT's, etc the mentality has unfortunately spread to the blue oval, now that it's 'cool' to do up Fords.

Yes i take your point Ford drivers on the whole seem to be better behaved, but i've seen some ridiculous actions from them around here. And just so you know, i get the same thing, i do the speed limit too, and also get people in Holdens trying to go for the title. My car is TOXIC so it stands out like a spare d1ck and attracts the wrong type of attention every now and then.
Old 15-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #41
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Saw it on the news, thought it was a VT?

Either way - lucky for the child in the car and also the child in the house who was luckily not in the room which the car smashed into.

The charges that were being listed against this guy (including drink driving) are a mile long and would suggest he's

a) not driving for a while
b) not being able to claim the car or 3rd party property on insurance.. hence paying back an insurer $5/week for the rest of his life
c) will never be insured again
d) facing the possibility of jail time/community service unless he can cough up some serious $$$ for the fines!
Old 15-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #42
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr22n
: i agree, lets stop morans who use our tax dollars to get 'high and drunk' and lets stop them from reproducing, i swear it would cut the centrelink line by 3/4.
I have just spent 3 years living in the Top End of NT.
Don't even get me started on this, as I will probably get a weeks holiday from the forums!!! _

/End Possible Rant
Old 15-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #43
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just to make sure that it's clear I did not put in the fact that it was a Commodore for any other reason than that I thought it was a relevant fact and that it would have been one of the first qestions asked.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #44
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Slick, I agree with you regarding the denegration of Holden, however it's a Ford based site and you will occassionally come across a little bit of bias.

As for the accident in Mildura where the kids were struck, from the footage I've seen it was a VS station wagon. Doesn't matter anyway though, because I'm not casting aspersions to any particular vehicle here; merely the driver. Doesn't matter if a bogan smashes either brand as it may not be their car, it may be mums, dads, or a mates.

The whole purpose of the thread is to highlight the complete idiocy of teenage inbred mutant people or to extend the vernacular; shacka's.

We know the type, several children all named the same and only distinguished by their mother calling them by their last names.

The fact that this little troglodite shacka was driving a commodore is indeed unfortunate; especially for all the good blokes who do drive commodores. And you see lots of them, with their families and such on weekends, decent people.
Unfortunately, adolescent male hoons have identified Holden as more of a preferred brand over ford and as such are bound to have accidents due to their attitudinal issues, not the car they drive. The above comment about it sounding right, just take it in jest.
Not even on a ford forum should a bias comment be here with something as serious as this, And the fact it could have been worse.
2 or 3 made a reference to the car, And what of the poor infant in the back who has no say in this, The mother should be shot and the driver also.

I seen 2 cars in a row the first was a EA 5LT, The second don't know the model but it was early 80's maybe late 70's Falcon. They turned the corner the first EA went sideways and only just caught it, It's raining i forgot to say, He almost hit a very large gutter, Now after that you wouldn't think the car behind would do the same, But he did and he did hit the gutter very hard rear first then the front slammed it, He's car was sitting at the right front like they raised it 200mm, I'm not sure what he did there might have popped the strut or something, Anyway i didn't look at them as typical Ford dicks, I looked at them as just plan dick heads, It's poring rain it's very slippery on that corner even when not wet it's just stupid.

I don't hate Ford my cousin almost died in one, She was so lucky she got out of the car that night as it was wrecked and killed all but 1 passengers in it, I think they had 6 in the car that night. It wasn't the cars fault it was the drivers but he was never a holden or ford man he was just to young to be driving and stole his dads car to go out and hoon around, Hit a spot in the road that bottom the car out with a full load of passengers and split the car in half @ 220. And it went through a sign. The one that survived was the only one in the car to have a seat belt on, He was thrown clear of the car. My cousin was lucky she had girl problems that night and couldn't go with them. This is a good 14-15 years ago.
A car can't do anyone damage it's the person driving it. And there are alot of stupid people in this world.
I could name all the cars that in my area with ******** drivers, And there would be more Holden then Ford. But there would be more import turbos then the both of them. And they congragate in one house all the time cars all over the place. Sometimes i back out i have a corner that is out of sight in my street and you can easily get up to 70-80 before my driveway because the corner is a silly roundabout, And when i back out if my ears aren't on i could be T-boned by a Statesman or my mate in the VN V8 that just loves me cause i bet his . Or even the guy down the road in the EF Fairmont Ghia V8 who only drivers past at 70 kph min. Now i have rang the cops on many of them and my VN mate to but if they don't catch them in the act they can't do anything, Now thats bull to me if i gave them them Reg. ******** drivers are just ******** drivers not the car it's the drivers they are everywhere.

But trust me the car in Mildura was a F. I'm not going to post the pic as i think it would be wrong to do so.
Old 15-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #45
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Just to make sure that it's clear I did not put in the fact that it was a Commodore for any other reason than that I thought it was a relevant fact and that it would have been one of the first qestions asked.
I know you didn't you were just telling us the whole story as they did on the news also.
I think even if it wasn't there it might have been brought up by 2 or 3 in this thread.
Old 15-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #46
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
******** drivers are just ******** drivers...
lol pretty much sums it up doesn't it.
Old 16-05-2006, 09:09 AM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Good points slick holden, and I remember the accident you speak of; I believe it was an EA fairmont Ghia. Also, you're right, postin pics would be insensitive.

Now for some levity, surely you can see my reasons for introducing birth licences; imagine the parents having to go to classes and then sit for a test before being allowed to breed. Some of the questions could be:

1/ Do you as parents, intend to name your child mercedes, portia, lizzette, shylah or any other potentially legally actionable name?
2/ Are you or have you ever been referred to as a bogan or shacka?
3/ Are you and/or your partner unemployed?
4/ Do you intend to live in housing commission housing?
5/ Do you or your partner have an IQ lower than 100?
6/ Do you drive an old car that you have "hotted" up with a budget?
7/ Do you find it hard to spell INSOLENCE?
8/ Do you think Ugg boots are OK for wearing outside the house?
9/ Do you think mullet hairstyles are cool?
10/ Do you own any flannelette (flanno) shirts?

The list goes on, then, if they answer yes to any of these questions the answer could be; "Dear Mr x and Ms y, we regret to inform you (sorry but) that you are unable (not allowed) to proceed with procreation (rooting and the blue stick proposal) until one of you has their reproductive system inhibited (shutdown baby factory) as your gene pool has been selectively targeted for annihilation (you and shazza are so stoopid that any offspring is sure to be a criminal, junkie or a burden on the system).

I think it'd work.

Quote: