Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #61
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Brent, go wash your mouth out boy!!!

Seriously it does come down to what type of experience you have had. My last 2 XR8's and the GT has been a fantastic ownership experience, but I can't say the same for the new Focus..so far. Ialmost have got to the point of trading it on another brand several times, but not a Holden...hehe
Yes yes mate!

It all comes down to my cash flow towards the end of the year anyways, if i was to buy a VE it would only be a fill in car till the next Ford in either 08 or 09.

Id love to give one a go just once to see how well they do compare to the Falcon's build quality, and to my neighbour off whos always giving me for driving a Ford.. :
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #62
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

after seeing all these mule shots of the ve around the place i have a really strong suspicion that some of these photos are infact of a hatch.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #63
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Cool Camry ripoff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
There's something Camry-esqe about the middle photo in the first post.
My thoughts exactly. The misses had an '02 Camry Sportivo, and this looks like a twin from the side. Door Handles are identical, as is the panel shape on the lower door panel. Even the high sides are Camry. Hmmmmmmm??
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #64
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Yes yes mate!

It all comes down to my cash flow towards the end of the year anyways, if i was to buy a VE it would only be a fill in car till the next Ford in either 08 or 09.

Id love to give one a go just once to see how well they do compare to the Falcon's build quality, and to my neighbour off whos always giving me for driving a Ford.. :
not a bad call mate . at least we would all get a non biased opinion . and you'll get a 2008 model to keep us all posted . i say go for it.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 11:43 PM   #65
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
A guy over at GM insiders pooped this together, It's not perfect but it's a pretty good job. You can see some of the lines and curves are missing but it gives a different look rather then Computer generated images.
YUK. LOOKS LIKE A KOREAN BMW TAKEOFF. WITH A LANCER REAR END.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 01:22 AM   #66
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
YUK. LOOKS LIKE A KOREAN BMW TAKEOFF. WITH A LANCER REAR END.
It's pure speculation the rear shot it's missing half of the bumper.

On the door and handles today i seen a Camry and Mazda 6 right next to each other surprises me how they both seem to have the same doors at the rear, And the BA isn't far off that also, Stick some Camry door handles on a BA and you have a Camry like rear door.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #67
BadMac
I still have both eyes

Make up your own minds.

BadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #68
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Looks like a cross between a Mitsu 380 and a Camry. The rear lights must be from the styling house "Ghey".
Love how the Holden fan stuck BMW M5 wheels on it; I'd suggest all M3 and M5 owners to get that extra insurance.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 10:43 AM   #69
SVR73
Mr Polish

Man I hate the latest range of cars, except the exotics of course
Talk about boring and nothing radical.

No way I am getting rid of my AU XR VCT
I hate the 380 as well, what a bucket of crap that thing is
Old 07-05-2006, 10:58 AM   #70
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

AU looks like the best car there - sits heaps better then the VE.... gotta lower the back of it down!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #71
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

ummm.... after comparing those photos... i wouldnt be suprised if this wasnt the VE.. the doors are the same as the camry.. isnt toyota putting out that auiron this year sometime?
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #72
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
i know for a fact that there is a twin turbo variant coming out.. so stay tuned.. something ford will have to catch up with when it comes out i think!
A twin turbo variant is not coming out.. it would be almost impossible for Holden to justify spending the money on developing a TT version of the HFV6 when a single turbo version already exists for the Saab. This engine is built in Port Melb along with the N/A 3.6L versions of the HFV6, making it very accesible to Holden if they wanted to go down the forced induction path. Holdens main concern at the moment would be to increase fuel efficiency in order to make their aussie large cars more appealing to those that are jumping ship across to euro/jap cars that in some cases offer better performance from a smaller and/or more economical engine for the same $$.

There are simply too many political and financial issues with going TT at this stage..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #73
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

well... i was told that they are 100% going ahead on one of the performance models, i dont know anymore details on it, and i dont want to turn this into a s h i t fight.
lets just see what happens, hopefuly they wont be putting out a twin turbo variant though.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #74
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
ummm.... after comparing those photos... i wouldnt be suprised if this wasnt the VE.. the doors are the same as the camry.. isnt toyota putting out that auiron this year sometime?
The Aurion must have been pretty well developed for it to be shown in full at the Melbourne Motor Show. There'd be no reason for it to be covered up now. Besides, there are too many Holden design cues in that photo. Namely the base of the A pillar from the TT36, the stolen BMW 'Hoffman kick' in the rear window, the hidden quarter panel vents and the rear wing smacks of SVZ or something similar.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:52 AM   #75
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

One other thing many haven't considered yet, See the rear taillights on????? It too me looks as if the car is stopping as the driver seems to be looking at the camera guy. Which would explain the rear going up.
There really isn't much in common with the Camry other then Door handles.
The 380 and the VE have the way they sit in common low front high back but the VE is set up that way, The 380 is built like it.
The AU looks lowered to.
Here is the Aurion and trust me it's a shell and nothing more, And the design is mostly jap u.s. Everyone needs to go to telstra dome and see it very small looking.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:43 AM   #76
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I think when it was referred to the Camry it wasn't referred to the Aurion. We're talking about the 2004 shape. Look at the shape of the doors; the way they have a very similar line and are scalloped out of the bottom. The front door shape is very similar as well as the rear door/rear quarter having similar lines except for the top.

Anyway, if Aurion is out as opposed to Camry then the VE will not look to bad.

Quote: