Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #31
fmc351
let it burn

In the first pic, whats that your driving, and whats that towel/crumpled house carpet thing covering your dash?
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #32
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
In the first pic, whats that your driving, and whats that towel/crumpled house carpet thing covering your dash?
It's my work ute, a space cab rodeo, and that is my out of focus hand on the wheel, not a dash mat of any kind. I did say they were cruddy mobile phone shots.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

yuck.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #34
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
It's my work ute, a space cab rodeo, and that is my out of focus hand on the wheel, not a dash mat of any kind. I did say they were cruddy mobile phone shots.
RODEO??

BAN HIM, .................BAN HIM GOOD :
Old 05-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #35
Donny

Nothin wrong with it, an u dont allways get a choice with company cars.
I Would love to see a new XR-6 ute handel a tun an a half of broken up concrete in the tray without folding up. Mine dosent fold......

Why do you think my other car is a Falcon GT, an the next car is gunna be another Falcon GT, an xw.....

Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #36
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The EA ute in the first pic, would scrub up nice with a respray, lowered and some nice 17s or 18s.

Oh and of course, if the gaps were fixed too. lol

Also, holy Mc s*** , that EB GT ute is sex on wheels. :
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #37
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nothin wrong with it, an u dont allways get a choice with company cars.
I Would love to see a new XR-6 ute handel a tun an a half of broken up concrete in the tray without folding up. Mine dosent fold......

Why do you think my other car is a Falcon GT, an the next car is gunna be another Falcon GT, an xw.....
Well considering they have exactly the same rear as the one tonner I don't think so. The only diff is the suspension. Away a RTV would more than do the job.

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #38
XA_GT351
Supreme Machine!

jezus! i think i'm gonna spew, doesnt matter what you do with them there still an e series :S

1960 FB Holden Wagon, Yellow, 192, 4spd,

My XA Build-Up
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...&page=10&pp=25
XA_GT351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #39
Donny

The normal BA ute is rated to about 500 kilos. Even the tunners bend if u put a tun in em, have seen half a dozen allready at the panel shop.....What they say they take an do seems not quite right.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #40
GTENVY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The normal BA ute is rated to about 500 kilos. Even the tunners bend if u put a tun in em, have seen half a dozen allready at the panel shop.....What they say they take an do seems not quite right.
Have you ever seen an AU one tonner do this??

Live, Love, RACE

SOLD: AU III XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
cars are to be driven, ornaments are to be looked at. the two should never be confused.
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #41
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTENVY
Have you ever seen an AU one tonner do this??
Not as many as the Holden Q-WB series.

Nah its likely. They never handle the rated capacity on a daily basis. It must be like PMPO on speakers.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #42
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Quote:
Ok time to get some facts in this debate

The standard Xl ute / xls ute is rated at 750 KG payload, this is effected by many factors including styleside/tray weight, the better way of looking at it is the gross weight particularly of axle weights, the 1 Tonner is rated at a payload of 1000kg but there is allowances for tray

The Ba and the Au ute for that matter have a chassis designed for one tonne, the weak link if you want to call it is the wheel tyre package which was rectified with the move to 16inch wheel package, this (through higher tyre ratings) enabled a higher gross weight to be specified on the cars. They are designed to carry the payload but if you intend to carry it constantly an upgrade of the rear suspension is a good idea.

Having a BA ute carrying a constant weight and having completed over 120 000 km in the last two years, having my previous ute AU2 carrying the similar load for the previous 2 years I can speak from experience that they do NOT fold up. I have an additional leaf and had it reset and it does not even look like it is loaded. Front axle weight 1020kg rear 1730 KG drive it every day.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #43
HOON69
Banned

xagtcoupe: your as biased as they come prehistoric days are number were now 2006 majority drive e series and majority drive the ea's before the eb'ed ef's etc
fact of life ea lighter then ef
ea runs as quick of a qtr then ef
ea has 30kws less at the fly and still runs a similar time etc

so whats your point about cars being ugly,its each to their own i reckon,
and some of these are quite nice,but i guess you cant teach a old dog new tricks can we :P
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #44
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

that GT ute looks soo much better than the normal E-series fronted utes, I can't really tell whats different, but overall, it just looks awesome
Old 07-05-2006, 04:01 PM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I was gonna post up the "EA/ED sprint tonner" that EB GT ute is a work of art and a credit to the builder and owner
btw xagt coupe what is the load rating on your rodeo compare to the falcon im sure it cannot be much more ubt id say it would handle the day to day hauling of loads because it has its roots as being a work ute whereas the falcon isnt was never built to be a work horse ford just integrates the workhorse/daily driver utes
XA GT351 your just showing your age eseries are great carsand probably aged better then you
Old 07-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #46
Donny

You all still miss my point. It's my personal opinion!!!!!!!!!!

GET OVA IT!!!

I HATE EA's, I THINK THEY ARE UGLY PIECES OF SHYTE.....I will neva apologise for stating my thoughts. In my opinion, (Looks wise) Great Falcons stopped bein built with the XB GT in 76, and then went more down hill when the xf came out.

As for EA's bein great cars, in looks or mechanical quality, we will have to agree to disagree. Looks wise they do nothing for me, mechanically they are turds as soon as things start playin up on them.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #47
LUXO_8
windsor user

fair enough, and thats your opinion, but others are of a different opinion that they are a good car, lets agree to disagree shal we
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #48
Donny

Sounds like a plan to me. Have a nice day.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #49
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You all still miss my point. It's my personal opinion!!!!!!!!!!

GET OVA IT!!!

I HATE EA's, I THINK THEY ARE UGLY PIECES OF SHYTE.....I will neva apologise for stating my thoughts. In my opinion, (Looks wise) Great Falcons stopped bein built with the XB GT in 76, and then went more down hill when the xf came out.

As for EA's bein great cars, in looks or mechanical quality, we will have to agree to disagree. Looks wise they do nothing for me, mechanically they are turds as soon as things start playin up on them.
By all means you are correct in saying that its your own opinion, however there are some people, that will have a opinion different to yours.

You dont have to get so antsy about it.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post