Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
elgt146
315-TUF

Default Another FPV GT on E-bay for $10,500

Looks like the scammers are at it once again.

I hope this isn't a members car they are trying to sell off.

Anyone here know how to report this.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-FALCON-G...QQcmdZViewItem

elgt146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
elgt146
315-TUF

And here is the same guy selling a HSV Clubsport.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HSV-CLUBSPORT...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 14-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

How the hell did that Clubsport get to $500,100?

I wasn't sure how you picked it to be a scam, but the Falcon is in Melbourne, the Clubbie in Sydney, under different ebayer names, but both running off the same email address.

Irrelevant, but his feedback under the name selling the HSV included this line, which I found to be quite confusing.

"Hope you like the diaper as much as we did! Good buyer!"

What the hell does that mean?

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
nobbystang

the last thing he/she bought was a diaper from US. Think somebody has had they're account stolen by the look of it. very suspect. guess it got so high cause people know its a scam and know it will be pulled off, put a bid in and lets see how high we can get it, lol, only joking.

Previous:
2011 SZ Territory Titanium
2008 Ford Edge AWD Limited
Silhouette BF XR6, ZF Auto
White EF GLi, XR look alike
VH Commodore
nobbystang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

i think ive seen that GT on Ebay before. the photos look familiar. the seller claimed that they were in the US and couldnt register it.
Old 14-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #6
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobbystang
the last thing he/she bought was a diaper from US.
But look again at what was written.

"Hope you like the diaper as much as we did!"

Sounds like it was already used.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #7
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

What the story with this scam! This is a total Fraud, someone gotta report it to ebay!

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

So, whos car are you using to try to scam money this time? Let me guess, you went overseas, couldnt register it, you want a $5000 deposit, you deliver the car, and the remaining balance is to be paid then. But the car will never get delivered, you get the deposit through a bank account that cant be traced, buyer loses $5000, and never hears from you again. So am I correct or not?

^^^
I sent this guy a question. Its a bit harsh, but Im getting really angry with E-bay and these guys.
Old 14-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #9
The Monty
Just slidin'

Oh, I dare someone to ask him for proof of ownership. Lol.
Old 14-04-2006, 10:54 PM   #10
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok it is possible that the person who owns this account is unaware that the car is for sale under there ID...I speak from personal experience here because a week ago (after I reported i couldnt log in) I recieved an email from Ebay to say that someone was trying to sell a very expensive Harley for a ИИИИy amount of money using our account as it turned out our Ebay account had been hacked and this person had been trying to sell things and buy things with my account....How could I let this happen you say? Well i hadn't ebayed for a week this all happened in the space of a few days....They also changed all my details and password so the emails Ebay were sending me RE "we think your account has been hijacked is this true?" were going straight to the hacker...It was only because i couldn't log into my account that i got worried and contacted Ebay....They arranged a change of password remotely for me and it was only then that i saw the extent of what the hacker had been up to......Its scarey stuff and from the Emails i have recieved from Ebay there is very little they can do to stop it.......I totally agree that these people should be reported and from what i understand the Harley motorbike was reported to ebay, but just to let you know there may be more innnocent parties here than first appears......
Old 14-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #11
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a good reminder for all people using Ebay then to regularly check your account... mine laid dormant for 6 months and I don't think anyone touched it.... the password is so lame that I doubt anyone would even remotely guess it...

Bit scary really.. glad you got it sorted Rob & Lissa
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No well our certainly couldnt be guessed we think they hacked our computer to get it
Old 14-04-2006, 11:50 PM   #13
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Two faults with the listing....

One, it says it has a towbar, and clearly in the photo's it doesn't
Secondly, He says that it has a standard 2 year warranty. They come with 3 years factory....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #14
The Monty
Just slidin'

I like that he says its a brand new car, that is in fact 2 years old. I would class a brand new car as still being in the showroom.
Old 15-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #15
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Yeah I agree, ebay hackers are evil. I check mine every few days now. But a few months ago I was receiving emails from other users saying, I didnt receive my item, Im reporting you to ebay etc etc. Found out someone was using my account. Not happy. Changed P/W's a few times and still got hacked. Now I have a P/W that even I have trouble remembering.
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #16
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just dont understand how someone can be smart enough to hack into poor peoples ebay accounts, but be so god damn stupid to have these quite obviously expensive cars posted for buy now $10,500 what a f%$#ing moron. it just brings attention to themselves and brings to light that they are a gutless peice of crap that hides behind a computer screen taking innocent peoples money, ruining peoples ebay accounts and posting other peoples pride and joy on the internet as theirs. I hope they find these people doing these scams and string them up by their private bits!!! Anyway thats enough from me im off to go check my ebay account and make sure there hasnt been any funny buisness!!!
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 08:30 AM   #17
The Monty
Just slidin'

The Ford is gone, but the commondore is still there. I reported them both to e-bay last night. The bids on the commondore have been changed though.
Old 15-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #18
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

HSV's gone as well 9Since 9am this morn, maybe earlier)

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #19
The Monty
Just slidin'

I asked the dude another question last night, can you please supply me with a photo with todays newspaper in it, along with the car?
His reply:

Hello and thanks for your interest.
Firstly, I want you to know that I ended my auction early because of a buyer who assured me that he will purchase, but just bailed on me in the last minute. The price that I want to obtain is $10,500 (including shipping and insurance charges). I'm requesting a AU $5,000 REFUNDABLE deposit prior to transporting the car to your location and the remaining balance to be paid upon delivery, inspection and approval of vehicle.
The car is like new, everything is in perfect working order, low miles. 1999 HSV CLUBSPORT VT SII model. It has always been garage kept and adult driven, never abused or raced . It is an Australian model (RHD) in compliance with AU emissions, clear title in hand, still registered in Australia and you will have no problem registering it onto your name. The car will be shipped via air freight from Zagreb, Croatia and it will take no more than 7 business days to arrive at your location.
This is a large purchase and I would suggest using a third party to complete this purchase as I want a smooth and safe transaction. We will use eBay Square Trade, I have completed quite a large number of successful deals using them. I have a Purchase Protection Account of US $10,000 and I assume you know what this means.
If you agree with these terms, please reply with your full name and address and I will consign the transaction at eBay asap.
Regards,
George

Does this sound anything like my first accusing E-mail I sent to this guy? He must be a little thick as well I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
So, whos car are you using to try to scam money this time? Let me guess, you went overseas, couldnt register it, you want a $5000 deposit, you deliver the car, and the remaining balance is to be paid then. But the car will never get delivered, you get the deposit through a bank account that cant be traced, buyer loses $5000, and never hears from you again. So am I correct or not?
Old 15-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #20
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't a GT on ebay for $10,500!

I have never used ebay... never will.
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #21
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Yer its a dodgy setup
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 01:52 AM   #22
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has been removed by ebay
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
GUTLES
Adam.

Default Pics.

Can someone post some pics of these cars as the links have been closed down.. Just so we can try work out who's cars they are?

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #24
elgt146
315-TUF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
I asked the dude another question last night, can you please supply me with a photo with todays newspaper in it, along with the car?
His reply:

Hello and thanks for your interest.
Firstly, I want you to know that I ended my auction early because of a buyer who assured me that he will purchase, but just bailed on me in the last minute. The price that I want to obtain is $10,500 (including shipping and insurance charges). I'm requesting a AU $5,000 REFUNDABLE deposit prior to transporting the car to your location and the remaining balance to be paid upon delivery, inspection and approval of vehicle.
The car is like new, everything is in perfect working order, low miles. 1999 HSV CLUBSPORT VT SII model. It has always been garage kept and adult driven, never abused or raced . It is an Australian model (RHD) in compliance with AU emissions, clear title in hand, still registered in Australia and you will have no problem registering it onto your name. The car will be shipped via air freight from Zagreb, Croatia and it will take no more than 7 business days to arrive at your location.
This is a large purchase and I would suggest using a third party to complete this purchase as I want a smooth and safe transaction. We will use eBay Square Trade, I have completed quite a large number of successful deals using them. I have a Purchase Protection Account of US $10,000 and I assume you know what this means.
If you agree with these terms, please reply with your full name and address and I will consign the transaction at eBay asap.
Regards,
George

Does this sound anything like my first accusing E-mail I sent to this guy? He must be a little thick as well I think.

This is almost the identical wording that was used when I was enquiring about A Harley 6 months ago.

The Harley was listed however on bikessales.com.au not e-bay.
It soon disappeared off the web site once I had made an enquiry about it.
He also asked for $5,000 deposit and he was living overseas etc. All the same bullИИИИ was fed. It was suss from the start but I took it far as I could to see what it was all about. When I requested rego papers they even sent me photos of the papers with matching numbers of photos of motor & gearbox numbers. So it all matched but it was his sales pitch and persistance that was out of key.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #25
frenzal
EF XR6

its an old old old used and abused scam.
i think you all need to get over it.
if anyone out there is dumb enough to fall for it, they deserve to lose their money.
frenzal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #26
SIKXR8220

Have used ebay for 2 years now buying and selling and have never had a problem at all. I have never made any large purchases though($100 or less) and i usually buy from ebay stores and only from people who have good feeback from multiple users.
SIKXR8220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post